Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You look great both ways. I am dieting and have been all my life. I am only 5'2" and if I gain a pound it shows. I have done, Weight Watchers, diet pills, Herbalife, you name it and I have tried it. I yo-yo. I am thinking of Nutrisystem-but it is so expensive. I am also 55 so my Basil Metabolism is slow. The weight has to come off--it really depresses me.

I am tall as well, and even now, I STILL look thin to people, though I have definitely gained weight. I weighed 116 lbs until I was a senior in HS, then went up to 125, and then way up past that, like 30 lbs past that. I watch what I eat, but eat whatever the hell I want, usually. I won't have chips or McDonald's or something, but I do eat whatever within my calorie range. I can have a bagel everyday and no be screwed...but I make sure I eat fruits and veggies, and of course for dinner, chicken is my staple. I am just about down 10 lbs, and I feel better, I look better, and I am very conscious about my daily activity versus my daily intake.

NYChic, everyone is different, so 10 lbs may look like a lot on someone, but very little on another person. It goes along with your body frame as well, and the way you balance weight, and what spot is the place it goes first. You don't look bad AT ALL, and def. don't look fat.

Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif You look great both ways. I am dieting and have been all my life. I am only 5'2" and if I gain a pound it shows. I have done, Weight Watchers, diet pills, Herbalife, you name it and I have tried it. I yo-yo. I am thinking of Nutrisystem-but it is so expensive. I am also 55 so my Basil Metabolism is slow. The weight has to come off--it really depresses me. My mom does Nutrisystem, but it won't work since she exaggerates in her mind how much activity she does per day, so the lbs never come off! I have tried some of their stuff, not terrible, but not at all worth the price you pay, when you can eat healthy, but actually have good tasting food that you can get at the supermarket.

Solimar, your weight gain history sounds a lot like mine, except I gained a bit more in the end hehe
smile.gif
I was pretty skinny in middle school, hs, then went up to 125/130 after graduation until I married, then I gained up to where I am now. I was devastated at first because of how I gained it, but some of it has converted to muscle and I am pretty happy with it, so I guess the weight distribution isn't so bad. Most people can't tell how much I weight until I'm pinning them down haha (the first thing most guys I danced with when I was a ballroom instructor would say was "wow you are so strong!" and my husband says for a girl I am still really strong). NYChic, I wasn't trying to come down hard on you, or anyone else for that matter, but it just kills me when people set goals for themselves that they may never achieve and then end up more upset about the way they look than when they started. Don't get me wrong. I don't know how your body works, so it may very well be a highly achievable goal for your body, but I just know that for your height, that weight you are projecting is very slim indeed. (I'll admit it, I suppose I was feeling a tad rotund myself hearing all this *small* talk from girls who were my same height and I knew I would have a lot farther to go then they would to get to where they wanted to be!)

As long as we are all in the bodies we are happy with, that is what is most important!

Oh yeah! I have been trying to lose weight for like 8 years! And I know I'm going to have to workout for about 3 hours just to work off all that damn candy I ate tonight!! Halloween can be so cruel!!!

Ugh, sorry - I just get annoyed when skinny girls call themselves fat when they aren't even. Especially in some threads that have been popping/bumped up.

If you wanna see fat - I'll show you my damn photos and we'll compare what is fat.

Hookay, rant over. Ha.

LOL Celly
smile.gif
I guess it's everyone's own self-esteem
smile.gif

You're not by any chance Boriqua, are you?
wink.gif
You've sure got the spice for it, hehe (btw, if you are, don't take offence, so am I
smile.gif
)

lol, I guess close enough
wink.gif
Sorry for hijacking the thread ladies, but it gets me thinking, I wonder if body type and the way we view ourselves has anything to do with our genetics and culture... something to think about, but certainly nothing to obsess about or to take as law.

As suggested by someone in the thread, I checked out Spark People -- a nice site, but doesn't offer the better features that Calorie Count does, but if it did, I'd switch over to Spark People pretty damn fast!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ugh, sorry - I just get annoyed when skinny girls call themselves fat when they aren't even. That gets to me as well! Fat is such a negative word!!! To me, fat=severly obese. A little belly pouch consists of fat of course, but you´re not fat because of a little roll here or there.
I felt too skinny for years. At 5"7 I weighed 105 pounds, through my teenager years. I tried to gain weight, but I had (and still have) a super fast metabolism. Then, at 17, I finally got some curves and got up to 115 pounds. Just 10 more pounds, but it made a big difference, and I finally got some curves too.

I currently weigh between 115 and 120, but I just don´t gain weight even though I eat more than enough, trust me. But since I´m glad that I have more weight on me now, I could never fall into the deathly "I´m fat"-trap, even if I gained like 10 pounds. I consider not so skinny women beautiful and sensual! I felt boney and unsexy for too long to think that curvy equals fat.

I have friends with a similar weight, but other body type and proportions. And it makes me sad when I hear them complain about how "fat" they are, and how pants are tight on them. One friend of mine will literally only eat soup and fruit for 5 days in a row when she starts feeling "fat".

If you're happy with your body, good for you. But if I feel bad about my body and want to lose weight, that's my decision and it is within my control to be healthier and feel good about myself.......then I will do it. I am not losing the weight for other people but for myself, it is something that will make me happy. I want to be able to wear whatever I want while being comfortable with it. I know my body. I see myself naked lol. I know I could stand to lose a few pounds and get a flat stomach. So I am doing it, I am not striving to be 90 pounds. 111 pounds is a good weight for me, I have been that weight before so I know.

Originally Posted by NYchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you're happy with your body, good for you. But if I feel bad about my body and want to lose weight, that's my decision and it is within my control to be healthier and feel good about myself.......then I will do it. I am not losing the weight for other people but for myself, it is something that will make me happy. I want to be able to wear whatever I want while being comfortable with it. I know my body. I see myself naked lol. I know I could stand to lose a few pounds and get a flat stomach. So I am doing it, I am not striving to be 90 pounds. 111 pounds is a good weight for me, I have been that weight before so I know. there is nothing wrong with wanting to loose a few pounds to feel better about your body. It just makes me sad to hear some girls say "I´m so fat" when they really should be saying "Yeah maybe I could drop a few pounds". It´s the negative body image that gets to me, but I know that´s terribly hard to shake off.

totally agree with andi on this one!!! i am currently 143 pounds and thats a yr after having a child. me i am finally happy with my body, as i alos look back at fotos and thing geez iw as too skinny. i have always have curves and since having a child my hip got even wider, but if i stand on the side i have a little pudge and im fine with that.

the only thing im not happy with is my love handles lol, i am happy with myself but i wish to be tone, i only want to loose about 22 pounds for toning.

i used to always be 110 no matter what i ate etc etc, and im happ with the way i am.

lol i know i sound contradicting lol

i used to have the flat tummy etc, but the thing was when i got sick i go really sick and now, i hardly get sick. another factor i thought i would put in.

not having a go or anything, but if u wish to lose weight just try toning, like pilates or yoga. as that works!!!

i think 130 pounds is fine....and ur 5'7 (so u aint short)....111 is too thin (in my opinion) but if u want to lose wieght i think a good idea is to cut down on the bad foods you normally eat....instead of X amount eat Y amount.

I dont really want to lose weight...i want to tone up more than anything, so i try go the gym whenever i can..i still need to build more motivation though!!!!

there are alot of websites that tell u how many calories u should eat based on your height, weight and activity level. ill post them on here in a lil bit im at work so i have to find the link. i wont say there are definite but they are a good help! i weight 152 and wanna be down to 135 im 5'4

I'm always on a diet. I must admit though I find weight watchers the easiest to stick to. I guess i'm in a pretty bad cycle at the moment - eating healty one minute then binging the next - really need to stop doing that!!

And thanks for the advice everyone! I checked out Calorie Count and SparkPeople. They were both good websites but I liked the Calorie Count site better so I created a profile on there. I am trying to accomplish my goal by New years. And good luck to everyone else who wants to lose weight
smile.gif

I joined Spark People -- the message boards are better than on CC, but I find CC to be more helpful when it comes to the burn and eat meters.

Back