Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always seem to lose weight when i am not trying and i hate that becase when i try i get no results

I am 5'3 but I think I may have shrank an inch? My ideal weight is 112-124 for my frame and height etc. When I started trying to lose weight,I was at 151 pounds! That is only 10 pounds away from my weight when I went in to deliver my son,and I was 18 then.I am almost 43 now.I am down 17 pounds now,and let me tell you it hasnt been easy.My metabolism has slowed because of my age and prob all the crazy crap I did in my 20s to lose weight.I promise you it does bite you in the ass later on.I'm going to keep working out and eating right,it sucks but I will be better off in the end.I have 8 or 9 pounds to go.

i have to loose ten kilos, and 8 of them are just water ! arg. it's winter and my body is slowing(must have bear genes lol), and my belly hurts thanks to that stupid allergy to gluten. i need to find something to detoxify my body.

Originally Posted by blondie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i always seem to lose weight when i am not trying and i hate that becase when i try i get no results very similar situation

im 5'7" and 130lbs and skinny. why do you wanna be 111lbs? because at 130lb we are barely in the normal BMI index range.. i mean 18.5 is normal and im a 19. so you want to be underweight? ive never tried to lose weight, im trying to put a lil on, or at least keep what i have on...

I find some of these responses a little ridiculous and scary... a lot of these weights are unrealistic and un-healthy. IMHO 110 pounds is the weight of a 12 year old not an 18,25,35,50,75 whatever aged woman. At 5'8.5 and 145 lbs i am not fat and i am in the healthy BMI range. Would I like to lose a little? yes... but to whittle my weight down to 111 lbs?! thats un healthy. I just ask that you ladies please be healthy i have seen many people go about it all the wrong way and end up very sick and in the hospital.. One on deaths door-step.

BE HEALTHY!
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm on a mission to lose weight also. I currently weight around 125 pounds and am about 5'6" roughly, and I'd also like to get down to about 110 pounds or so.

/quote]

Whoah, I am 5'6 and 125 is when I look my best, lol. I wear a size 4 at that size. When I was 110 pounds I was really sick, I lost all my muscle, they tested me for it, I had tons of health problems and my doctor thought I was anorexic (I wasnt, I was depressed, but every bone was sticking out, eww I looked gross). I am healthier with a little meat, everyone is different I know
brsh.gif

Anywho,

I am around 145 right now, I gained 20 pounds. I almost cried when I had to go shopping and buy bigger jeans, my jeans were so tight I looked like a sausage and could barely breathe, lol. I dont even care about the 20 pounds, heck I am almost 30, but I would like to lose maybe 10. My doctor always says something about my weight, my cholesterol is super high and I am supposed to walk, which I do but not often enough. I am not eating as much, for awhile I was literally shoveling it in, b/c I really never gained weight before, I kinda forgot I am getting older and my metabolism is getting slower
add_wegbrech.gif

I'm trying to lose weight, and finding it rather frustrating. I get so mad because i am doing so good. well to me its good. i don't eat half as much as i use to, and i eat alot of veggies and fruit, but for some reason im stuck and can't seem to lose a pound anymore. it makes me so mad and just want to give up because i never see improvements. makes me get kind of depressed actually. =[ i don't know what more to do.

I am always on a diet and at an all time high right now. I should waddle instead of walk--will not even tell what it is. Something has to give here. I am really disgusted.

I was 125 - 130 for years then I zoomed to 150+. Avoiding sweets and cutting down on red meat I am now back to about 125 !

not really related by my doc made have some blood test done as the previous showed i was anemic. but though i don't know how to read the results, i'm concerned about my thyroid. but thank goodness i don't have cholesterol.

i allow myself a small piece of black chocolate when i crave for a sweet thing.

I need to lose weight badly! I am embarressed to type in my weight...Let's just say I have to lose around 45 lbs. I started going to the gym again, but I don't like to diet. I hate depriving myself. Plus I'll do so good during the week, and then crash on the weekends.But if I want to lose that much, I'll have to.

I used to be in great shape, then blahhhh.

I need diet tips for real!!!!

I'm trying to lose weight. I guess technically I don't need to. I'm definitely a healthy weight right now. I'm not sure what it is...probably around 125 and it's only that much because I have gained myself some muscle. I'm about 5'5. I used to run every single day and I was in such great shape, but long story short...I hurt my back and my leg which threw me out of the saddle until September. Work takes a huge toll on my back so all I can do now is walk at an incline instead of run! It's the same aerobically as running sure, but the results aren't nearly as fast.

I have been dieting my butt off and exercising to the best of my ability. I hope I start to see some real results real soon! I just want to get back into shape.

I don't know if it's been posted or not...but there's a WONDERFUL website out there dedicated to taking favorite foods and making them guilt free.

Hungry Girl

It's worth a shot!

Hello, I'm new here, but of course a weight loss thread would be the first thing that caught my eye. My life has been a constant battle with weight. But I figured out crazy insane diets don't work at all. The only thing that really does work is eating healthy and exercising. Counting calories is a good thing, but if you're an active person you have to allow yourself more calories to keep you going. If you think you metabolism has slowed down, eat a little more and see if that doesn't help speed things up a little. And eating every 2-3 hours is a very good idea. Small meals at mealtimes, then healthy snacks like fruit or veggies. Good luck to everyone who's struggling with weight loss. It's worth the struggle.

I want to lose 5lbs i'm 5'5ft and umm..8 stone no idea what that is in pounds haha!

If i eat 1200 calories i feel fat lol can't do it

Originally Posted by Ashley.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want to lose 5lbs i'm 5'5ft and umm..8 stone no idea what that is in pounds haha!
If i eat 1200 calories i feel fat lol can't do it

I'm thinking there are 14 pounds in a stone?

Originally Posted by courtni /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to be like that kind of. I wouldn't allow myself to eat over 800. i eat 1500 calories everyday, i am allowed once or twice a week to take some bags instead of meat for proteins(flavours at my choice), and i only eat veggies and fruits with them(that makes 800calories a day).

I am. I've lost 14 pounds in the past 7 months
smile.gif

I fear the upcoming holidays

Back