Why do women wear makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally wear makeup for me.  It makes ME feel good about myself, it makes ME feel more finished, and it gives ME more confidence in my appearance.  Me me me!
icon_lol.gif

As for my boyfriend?  I'm lucky, I've got a good guy there.  As far as make-up goes, he honestly doesn't care one way or the other.  He doesn't get bent out of shape if I wear it, and he doesn't treat me as less attractive if I don't have it on.  He's pretty even-keeled, regardless of if I'm done up or bare faced.  If we're driving in the direction of an Ulta and I ask him to pull up so I can quickly run in for something, he doesn't give me a "What, more of that stuff?  Blah blah blah..." lecture.  It just isn't any kind of a deal breaker or something to argue over in his eyes.

i wear makeup because i like to , plus it makes me feel confident, not to attract some one or to be "easy" , it's just our desire to look pretty or even the prettiest! .

I really like mixing things up from time to time and see the reaction on peoples faces, I get a big kick some times with people taking a double look and shaking their heads, its so funny and fun.

Merry Christmas and A Great NEW YEAR,

Rhondaf43

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do sometimes think that I am just the kind of "target" the makeup industry wants. I don´t see myself as beautiful without makeup. Cute, but not beautiful. And in my eyes, cute isn´t enough, so if I can put makeup on to look better (mainly to myself) then I will.

I disagree with the statement about Megan Fox & Kim Kardasian-type women who wear "too much makeup". First of all, both women are naturally beautiful without it. Second, they are always in the public eye and need to look presentable to keep up their sexy image.
Third, any guy who thinks that women who put that kind of effort into their appearance are "easy" probably has no clue about women to begin with.
whistling.gif

I don't think Kim Kardasian & Megan Fox wear too much makeup at all! I do agree with you about women who put a lot of effort into their appearance are easy. Anyone who thinks that doesn't have a clue!

I am wondering if this guy just felt like starting something. I wear makeup because I like how I look with it on, I feel pretty, it gives me more confidence and it's fun. I wear it because I like it and I usually get all kinds of comments on my makeup. If someone don't like it they can look the other way.

I wear makeup because I enjoy the process of putting it on and taking it off. I don't wear very much makeup usually, but now I'm trying to wear eyeshadow every day. I do it for myself because it makes me happy. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I actually like my face and I have good skin so I don't feel I need to wear makeup. I don't wear it to be attractive or for men. It's all for me. If men think I wear it for them, it's their issue not mine. Same for women. It's a personal choice.

Why I wear makeup? Simple - I look better with it than without it - period.

I see makeup on 2 different levels - Camouflage, and Artistry.   Camouflage: To cover blemishes/scars/ even out complexion to make it appear like you have flawless skin. Artistry: Eyeshadow, lipstick. liner etc to me are extra ‘sprinkles’ to decorate and/or enhance your natural features.   My main purpose for makeup is for camouflage -  If it weren’t for my scars and blemishes - I would have no problem walking out the house without makeup -   But I do - and for that reason I ‘must’ wear this everyday (it can be quite burdensome though I’ll admit) But nobody can tell me that a blemished face looks better than a clear one. (Now how well you put on makeup is another story) but if done properly, a made-up face always looks better in my opinion.   Makeup is a beautiful thing. Im an artist on many levels, and makeup is just one way I express myself.  

Back