Why do you wear makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by aerisley Quite honestly I have a low self-esteem from years of really mean things people have said to me about my looks. I know I'm a good person on the inside, but the outside has been a struggle for me. So, I wear makeup because I instantly feel better about my looks. It's the only time I actually feel as though I look pretty! I've seen pics of me w/out makeup, and I can't believe I leave the house like that! So, for me, it's all about making me feel better as feel as if I look pretty! Not to mention, it's just plain dang fun to wear and make new looks with!!! OMG I cannot believe this because you are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I even checked out your profile pics one day because I thought, "wow this girl is so unique & beautiful."
11a.gif

I actually don't wear mu that much, which is suprising because I love it sooo much, but I guess I'm lazy. I wear it because it makes me look & feel 10 times better & it's soooo much fun to play around w/and purchase!

Originally Posted by DiorAddict Ditto!!!I was pissed off the other day
pissoff.gif
, I was watching TV (don' t remember what channel) and a psy was saying that women who wear mu have a lot of things to hide, they' re dishonest and try to hide something behind their mu and vanity, I was like
wtf.gif
... I almost
22.gif

Ohhhh I'm sure she was talking about herself!!!!
whistling.gif

Originally Posted by aerisley Quite honestly I have a low self-esteem from years of really mean things people have said to me about my looks. I know I'm a good person on the inside, but the outside has been a struggle for me. So, I wear makeup because I instantly feel better about my looks. It's the only time I actually feel as though I look pretty! I've seen pics of me w/out makeup, and I can't believe I leave the house like that! So, for me, it's all about making me feel better as feel as if I look pretty! Not to mention, it's just plain dang fun to wear and make new looks with!!! DITTO!

women do not wear makeup because we have something to hide... we do it because we can!!!

pissoff.gif
, I was watching TV (don' t remember what channel) and a psy was saying that women who wear mu have a lot of things to hide, they' re dishonest and try to hide something behind their mu and vanity, I was like
wtf.gif
... I almost
22.gif

I read the same thing some time ago. Total
bs.gif

I mostly wear eye makeup because I like how it looks, it enhances my eyes and it's fun to play with colors I am an eyeshadow fanatic. I have started wearing powder regularly to absorbs oilies but thats about it.

pissoff.gif
wtf.gif
... I almost
22.gif

i've heard/read that many times and i just
icon_scratch.gif
b/c it's sooo stupid
eusa_wall.gif
! i have nothing to hide and especially not my vanity! if wanting to look nice and have fun makes me vain, then i guess i am. oh well! bite me!
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by aerisley Quite honestly I have a low self-esteem from years of really mean things people have said to me about my looks. I know I'm a good person on the inside, but the outside has been a struggle for me. So, I wear makeup because I instantly feel better about my looks. It's the only time I actually feel as though I look pretty! I've seen pics of me w/out makeup, and I can't believe I leave the house like that! So, for me, it's all about making me feel better as feel as if I look pretty! Not to mention, it's just plain dang fun to wear and make new looks with!!! Whoever would have done this to you was obviously jealous, cuz girl you are gorgeous, even without the makeup....when you showed us your pic (on the lets be vain once) thread and you said you had no foundation or councealor on.....MAN! Your skin is to die for. You are a very beautiful girl, and don't EVER let someone talk smack to you again, cuz when they are, they are just being jealous.....GESSHH! Idiot mean people, does it really make them feel better to down the gorgeous ones? Cuz honestly if I see someone with beauty, I'll let them know.....I'm pretty forward, heck I may even say "I'm a little jealous of how gorgeous you are" or something like that. But they always know I'm being honest and would never treat them badly or down them because they look good.....
Oh and I wear makeup because it brightens me up and makes me look more awake or alive. Evens out skin tone and/or imperfections....and because we can (like someone else said).

I wear makeup when I want a pick me up. I wear makeup when I'm bored and want to have some fun. I wear makeup when I want to look polished or when I want to look sexy.

Well, I can admit when I was in about the 5th grade, I was in no way pretty! I wore big glasses and had gapped front teeth... Not to mention a unibrow and ROUGH looking hair! I've gotten prettier since then, yes, I can say that. However, I still have had guys tell me I'm ugly or other females call me all sorts of names. I've heard the theory of them being jealous, as well as the guys being intimidated, but I kinda disregard them. There's a lot of other issues I dealt with growing up that didn't help... Anywho! I'm getting over it, and I think a lot of it has to do with the lovely compliments I receive from everyone here! I keep telling my husband I want to print his permanent image of me so I can see it... No way I looked even remotely attractive after almost 48 hours of labor, or even 3 hours of surgery! I gotta love that man though *lol*

Originally Posted by tourmaline2777 To cover up the bad and accentuate the good. i like this answer

Because I've been employed in male dominated industries for 20 years and luv being a girl!
11a.gif
The money is nice but, you've got to flip the script. At work: limited glamour. At home Diva.
11a.gif
There are two sides to every coin.

Back