Why do you wear makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear make-up because I like the idea of making myself up a little--like make believe, becoming someone other than who I wake up looking like on a given day, in the way I put on makeup, what I decide on. And I use it to hide all my pallor and sadness and skin blotchiness and skin deeper confusion--and look colorful and polished and honed at least on the surface, far outside.

I wear make up for a couple of different reasons. For one, make up is just fun. It's just something to do in the morning to make yourself feel pretty and presentable and I love playing with colors and styles.. it's almost like picking out outfits ( which I love just as much ). Secondly, to camaflouge flaws. Blemishes, under eye circles.. not pretty.. so, make up comes in handy when it comes to looking and feeling better about yourself. I think that's about it
laughing.gif

i wear make up because with out it i feel ugly, it helps me feel pretty/sexy depending on how i do it. I also have to wear it to cover spots! i just feel so plain gross without make up.

I wear it to cover blemishes and even skin tone. If I didnt have to wear a base I wouldn't! I would just use my Rimmel powder

I wear makeup on the eyes to just open them up, make them look prettier! I wear gloss/color on the lips to point them out - that is my best feature
smile.gif

I wear makeup because it's fun to change the way I look. People will react to you differently when you look a certain way, and I like to play with that. I get a certain kind of attention when I'm all dolled up, a different kind of attention when I look bold and unique, and a totally different type of attention with no makeup at all.

It helps psychologically (to know that I am putting an effort into looking polished because like it or not people judge you by your appearance) so I am able to feel better when I am out and about and also it is a fun and rewarding activity to apply it and experiment with colors and can be treated as an artform.
biggrin.gif
And most people don't judge you too much for this sort of hobby because they can't (esp. most men because they can't relate so they just retreat!) so addiction is easy.
laughing.gif

i wear makeup coz i want to look and feel pretty, i want to add some color and brighten up my day...and of course to hide some skin imperfection.

great thread.

i wore it at first because i found it covered my flaws, so i went very natural. now, i'm into more dramatic looks and i do it because it's fun and boosts my self-esteem.

aquilah, i'm sorry to hear that people were mean to you. thats

horrible. you have a beautiful ,exotic look. embrace and celebrate

that unique aspect abt you.

why do i wear mu??....hmm. i guess to cover up my zits when i have to and to look pretty

I prefer not to wear makeup but I need it to even out my skin tone and cover some blemishes.

foundation - because i have acne-prone skin, blemishes, acne scars, uneven skin tone etc.

mascara - to make my eyes stand out because my eye lashes are blonde.

i wear makeup because without it i feel i look scruffy and undone, know what i mean? i like to feel ive made an effort! also it makes me feel more individual too. xx

To look better, the same reason for combing hair, caring what clothes you wear or bathing. It is also fun to not always look exactly the same. What turns people off I think, is badly done makeup.

I don't wear makeup everyday. When I go somewhere with makeup on I feel pretty and put together. When I wear makeup at home I feel sexy! (Yeah, my husband likes it too!)

Quote:
I wear makeup when I want a pick me up. I wear makeup when I'm bored and want to have some fun. I wear makeup when I want to look polished or when I want to look sexy. Exactly what I was thinking!

Latest posts

Back