Why do you wear makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wear it to even out my skin tone and cover up slight redness in certain areas and i think i look better with it

To cover up the acne that has been killing my self esteem for years.

Originally Posted by Aquilah Quite honestly I have a low self-esteem from years of really mean things people have said to me about my looks. I know I'm a good person on the inside, but the outside has been a struggle for me. So, I wear makeup because I instantly feel better about my looks. It's the only time I actually feel as though I look pretty! I've seen pics of me w/out makeup, and I can't believe I leave the house like that! So, for me, it's all about making me feel better as feel as if I look pretty! Not to mention, it's just plain dang fun to wear and make new looks with!!! I know how you feel there, I've had to go through the same thing. People can be cruel sometimes. But take it from me, there is nothing wrong with the way you look. Your eyes, skin, and teeth are beautiful!

I wear make-up to look good for ME. No one else.

I don't wear it all the time, I find as I get older I tend to care less.. or, rather.. I'm starting to SEE and enjoy my own natural beauty.

If other people can't see it... that's just too damn bad for them, isn't it? ^.^ *gigglez*

To make me feel and look better. Makeup application is like meditation for me. It's really fun doing it!

It makes me feel good about myself. I feel naked without it anymore. Somedays when I'm tired or not feeling like do anything I still have to atleast have on Mascara and lipgloss.

It just makes me feel like I atleast attempted to pull myself together.

I do it to boost up my confidence ..its gotten to the point where i cant leave the house without it on because i feel everyone is staring at me because i dont have it on)... I wear it to feel pretty also
smile.gif

I first started as a self esteem booster.my best friend got me into it and now i cant stop.I also adore the creativity it involves to create such beautiful daring and,colorful art

I really only wear it when I go out, most of the time I wear it just to mess around and try and be creative with colors. I also like the compliments I get from the few times I do a good job =D

oh oh oh! That's another reason I wear it... the application of it is very relaxing. You can be so creative. It's like your face is your canvas and make up is your paint...

I wear makeup for 2 reasons - because its fun and because it makes me feel better about myself. That's all I need.
smile.gif

i wear make up for so many reasons: it makes me more confident, which is something i used to have the hardest time with, still do sometimes...i can't step out of my house without at least mascara on, cause without it my eyes look kinda washed out...the only people that ever see me without makeup are my family members....

also, makeup is so much of an art, it's soo much fun!! it helps keep me happy and gives me something to do when i'm bored lol, i also like feeling pretty
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i wear make up because i feel much prettier - and - though it sounds funny - with make up on I am more the person I really am than without

I wear it mostly because of my work. It's also a nice creative outlet for me to experiment artistically with different colors and textures on my face!

i love love love looking good, regardless of what anyone else thinks. plus who doesnt like looking the mirror for quite a while! LOL but to answer, to look and feel good, and surprise my bf with cool combos, he doesnt want to admit it, but he likes mu alot!

Latest posts

Back