Why do you wear makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started wearing make up 2 years ago, I didnt have enough self confidence to bother wearing it, one day I decided I am going to try black liner on my top lids for the cat eye look and WOW! I looked beautiful, just 2 black lines on my lids made me look so sexi, Im hooked now,.,, I luve those Urban Decay glitter eyeliners too

I liked that answer: to cover up the bad (blotchiness and paleness) and enhance the good (cheekbones and lashes)

I just look so BLAH without makeup. fair skinned blondes need some color on their faces in order to not like 15 LOL

I wear m/u because it just makes me feel prettier and when I feel prettier, I feel better.

1. to feel better

2. to look pretty

3. to experiment

4. to cover blemishes

5. so i dont scare half the people out on the street

I like being a girl!

Besides without makeup or hair care products I would have nothing elso to occupy my time with. lol

Originally Posted by aerisley Quite honestly I have a low self-esteem from years of really mean things people have said to me about my looks. I know I'm a good person on the inside, but the outside has been a struggle for me. So, I wear makeup because I instantly feel better about my looks. It's the only time I actually feel as though I look pretty! I've seen pics of me w/out makeup, and I can't believe I leave the house like that! So, for me, it's all about making me feel better as feel as if I look pretty! Not to mention, it's just plain dang fun to wear and make new looks with!!! Aerisley, you are stunning! I just started being active on this board but everytime I see your pic, I have to stop and stare. Its so sad that people try to beat the beauty out of you. But little do they know that such beauty can only be enhanced never diminished.

Originally Posted by tourmaline2777 To cover up the bad and accentuate the good. Just what I was going to say!
I wear mu to hide my acne and shiney/oily skin, and to bring out my tiny eyes! If my skin was better, I would wear less face mu, and if my eyes were bigger and/or if I didn't wear glasses, I wouldn't always bother with eye mu either! I'm already self-conscious about how I have to wear glasses (I can't wear contacts
frown.gif
) and I think that my glasses just go with the computer-geek stereotype, so I like to wear mu to look more girly, and I like feminine clothes -- I want to show people you don't have to look like a geek to be a geek
wink.gif

Wearing makeup makes me feel good and confident of myself, and it evens out skintone/imperfections.

Originally Posted by LVA gives me more confidence, makes me feel prettier Ditto!

For all the reasons already said : it's fun, it's a confidence booster, and makes me feel pretty. I get really shy when I feel like I look ugly.
frown.gif

Definitely for self gratification! I feel good with it and i like putting it on. My hubby doesnt understand it..some men just dont understand..its like they like sprorts and i like make-up!

It's a definite pick me up!! I always feel better when I put make-up on. I like to just have fun and experiment with it. I just enjoy it and how I look with it on!
smile.gif

Hello all-

To sum it up,makeup makes me feel good,lol.It's fun and helps me show my artistic side.Even if I looked "perfect",I know I would still wear makeup.

I wear mu for many reasons. I like playing around with colors. It gives me more confidence. I also think it makes me look better.

Back