Winter 2015 Box of Style: Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today. This is my third RZ box and my least favorite. It's still fine though. I LOVE the ring and the hair mask, wipes and lip crayon will be used so I I'm not sorry for getting it. However, the hairpin, which is the second "high value" item seems very juvenile to me. I never wear anything like that, and it's not one of those things I would want to try neccessarily. Also the hairpin price is seriously inflated, $98 value for a crystal hairpin? Please.

I think it is really smart that they do a hero item so that you can choose whether it would be worth it to you even if you don't like the other items. But other boxes had awesome surprise items and this one just didn't (for me).
I COMPLETELY agree with you.  I rec'd mine today, as well.  The ring is GORGEOUS and does not look cheap at all.  Very well made.  Love it.  The hair pin is just sooooooo disappointing and looks nowhere near worth it's listed value.  If I actually wore hair pins I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.  Goin' on ebay.  

I felt so let down with this one I just re-subbed to PSMH.  Their December box feels more substantial and appealing than this one.  I can't believe I am saying that but it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my update us that I sent Zoe (and PS), another email. Zoe just sent me tracking, and it is only that a label was created this afternoon, it still has not shipped, but a label is progress. I'm still not thrilled that they are shipping so far past from what they advertised. And just an FYI, PS also sent me tracking for my his/her those have been moving since Friday. Hopefully you all hear something soon that are still waiting.
I'm glad you received tracking.  I emailed them again, too, and they told me I needed to wait until today for tracking.  I still don't have it, but I'm on the East Coast.  I feel way more frustrated by this and their response than I should.

I COMPLETELY agree with you.  I rec'd mine today, as well.  The ring is GORGEOUS and does not look cheap at all.  Very well made.  Love it.  The hair pin is just sooooooo disappointing and looks nowhere near worth it's listed value.  If I actually wore hair pins I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.  Goin' on ebay.  

I felt so let down with this one I just re-subbed to PSMH.  Their December box feels more substantial and appealing than this one.  I can't believe I am saying that but it's true.
I got my box yesterday and fell in love with the ring.  It's sparkly for sure, but I feel like it can be worn every day and not just for a special occasion.  I really liked everything else as well, though I'm on the fence about the Honest lip crayon. It's a pretty color and goes on nicely, but it wore off in less then 20 minutes (I was driving, not even drinking or eating).  

I think the hairpin is pretty and a nice addition to my collection of hair accessories, but it doesn't look or feel like a piece that should cost $98.  I agree with you in that I'd pay $20 or so for a hairpin like that, just because the quality doesn't really blow me away.   

I'm very pleased with what I got for $100.  

I still have yet to receive a tracking number. This is very upsetting, especially since this is my first box. you ladies are the only thing even keeping my mind on getting the spring box.....sending them an email today.

I got my box yesterday too.  I LOVE the ring, notecards, and the makeup bag for the annual subbies but the rest is just okay for me.  I got the peachy ciate polish and it's not at all my style...I almost think that the nail polish was the tipping point between this being a box I was happy with and one that was just okay...I wanted something gorgeous and bold to wear with that stunner of a ring.  When I say "just okay" though, that means in comparison to previous boxes and the very high expectations I have for Rachel Zoe.  Even a "bad" box of style is pretty fantastic. 

Now that we have a year under our belts, I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite box was.  I think summer just barely edged out fall for me, and both of those were miles above spring and winter.  Looking back at spring I do think the winter box has a slight advantage, because I slightly prefer the ring to the cuff, but it's a close one.  So my ranking is summer, fall, winter, spring. Interestingly enough, summer had my least favorite hero item though - ranking by hero items I like fall, winter, spring, then summer. 

I just watched the unboxing video and wish I had received the nail polish she shows, instead I received a nude color, which never works on me (and it's similar to one of the spring colors). I like the lip color though, but noticed it didn't last and smeared.

My favorite boxes by ranking overall were summer, spring, fall and winter. I based it on number of items I kept/loved from each box. Wanted to add my favorite hero item is the watch.

I got the peachy ciate polish and it's not at all my style...I almost think that the nail polish was the tipping point between this being a box I was happy with and one that was just okay...I wanted something gorgeous and bold to wear with that stunner of a ring.  When I say "just okay" though, that means in comparison to previous boxes and the very high expectations I have for Rachel Zoe.  Even a "bad" box of style is pretty fantastic. 
That's IT, that's what I was trying to articulate earlier.  The boldness of the last box is missing with this one.  I agree the peachy polish is boring and milquetoast.  I was hoping for a stronger, bolder polish, too.

I was just thinking about which box is my fav and I think it has to be fall because of the watch.  I love that watch to point that I've even bought the white version.  Summer was awesome because Cambridge Satchel is an old fav of mine and the sarong is gorgeous (even though it's not yet been used).  Spring was great because of the sunnies (still using them) and the cool pearly nail polish. And Winter is probably last place because of the two jewelry items and I don't love either one. Although, I do like the shimmery wine colored nail polish.  I'm on the fence about next year...looking forward the Spring spoiler. 

Does anyone have a phone number for customer service?  I can't find one online....my box was missing an item and they won't respond to my emails. :/

Have totally loved the box before this though so hopefully they will respond soon.

During the week I hadn't received shipping information so I emailed them.  The next day I had not one but two tracking numbers in my inbox.  I was very confused but didn't think much about it.  Today I received an email that there was an error on their part and I will be receiving two boxes in the mail.  They also gave me a return shipping label to send it back and they would give me a $20 credit to my account.

How fun my box unexpectedly arrived today!  Gotta love Sunday deliveries for the holiday season :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the box.  Wasn't totally sold on it when I saw the spoilers but it hand I really like everything! The rings is gorgeous and it actually fits my tiny fingers (well on the middle finger but it looks awesome so i ll take it!)  I got a beautiful sparkly top top coat nail polish my fave of the 3 polishes I ve seen and the bottle is too stinking cute!  The hair mask is in my hair right now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The hairpin is lovely I ll have to play around with it. Very happy with this box hope everyone loves their goodies!

I just got my box today!  I wanted it to be a surprise so I hadn't looked at any of the spoilers, but quickly peeked at the comments to get people's feel for the box.  I got the feeling people weren't totally in love with the box.  Finally, today I got to see everything, and I'm super happy with it!!  I think its hard to follow that amazing Fall box, but I will use everything in this box except the lip crayon (I have huge lips and am self-conscious with anything other than nude).  And, that ring is so much better in person than pictured!! Love!

I saw she posted 3 different ways to style the hair clip on The Zoe Report. I wonder if that is because so many people are complaining about it.  I personally think its cute and will wear it.

Now hurry up Spring hero spoiler!!!!

Back