Winter 2015 Box of Style: Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Reija, does it say if the make up bag is a bonus gift? Or is it not listed on the card
There was a note stating that it was a special gift for being an inaugural box of style member. Edited to add: I was so excited to open the box that I forgot to post that detail. I went back and reread the note just now and that is what it said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww thats a bit of a bummer I was excited for that bag.  Not going to lie this isn't my fave Rachel Zoe box but its still a nice box and hopefully once in hand I ll have a use for and love most of the items inside!

Oh wow, it's all gorgeous! I love that I'm getting so much different jewelry w these boxes!

And I would definitely have bought that hair mask and the Honest Co products myself--I've been wanting to try their beauty line and my hair is straw in the winter.

I love the RZ box for including actual trendy items. The hair pin looks so pretty, and it's nice and subtle so I won't feel like I'm 15 and going to homecoming. 

I like the notecards more than others I've gotten in a sub.

Even if the ring doesn't fit I'm very pleased with the rest, and she really is good at varying items. Plus, this box is a win for people in socal who don't have real winters. 

I love the variety in this box. I think this is the fashion box Nina Garcia was shooting for. I like that the beauty item is for hair this time, and that there is always one stylist little helper type of item. They've been useful. If I ever get socks and a candle from them I'm out. I love the variety and quality of this box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to try the hair mask and oil. Love the ring and bobby pin! My niece will love the makeup bag and makeup remover wipes. Not my favorite box, but everything will be used or gifted and I'm still a fan.

Although I am sure everything but the hair pin will be used by me, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this box.  In last season's box both the hat and the watch had such a "wow" factor to them and seemed to be such substantial pieces in the collection.  Although nice items these all just feel a little "safe" to me and not really a style statement at all.  Oh well, only 3 more months until the Spring box! *LOL**

Although I am sure everything but the hair pin will be used by me, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this box.  In last season's box both the hat and the watch had such a "wow" factor to them and seemed to be such substantial pieces in the collection.  Although nice items these all just feel a little "safe" to me and not really a style statement at all.  Oh well, only 3 more months until the Spring box! *LOL**
Ha!  I already want to know the hero item lol  I think winter is a hard month because of the different temps.  I mean I would have loved something for the cold snowy weather but thats not very useful for people in CA. Still everything in the box is very useful and I m excited to explore them.

Ha!  I already want to know the hero item lol  I think winter is a hard month because of the different temps.  I mean I would have loved something for the cold snowy weather but thats not very useful for people in CA. Still everything in the box is very useful and I m excited to explore them.
I am in CA and I still would have liked something like a wrap or something like that.  I know you can't please everyone every time and it could have been a whole lot worse.  I am just not "wowed" this time.  

I am in CA and I still would have liked something like a wrap or something like that.  I know you can't please everyone every time and it could have been a whole lot worse.  I am just not "wowed" this time.  
A wrap would have been a great item! An item like that would have nicely rounded the box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I don't think the Winter box is the most amazing box of all the boxes that we have received so far but I was still happy with it. Maybe it's the box/packaging/ Rachel Zoe that makes me have a more favorable opinion instead of being more critical. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'm not wowed and in fact I am disappointed.  Way too many beauty items and most not really high end though ok and the rest is typical sub box stuff - notecards, nail polish, decorative hair items have been done to death.  Although it is hard to do something new, this box felt very safe and truthfully a bit cheap.  I agree the last box with the watch, the hat and climber earrings (never heard of those before) really stood out.  I don't like the ring in this one as it just screams costume jewelry (though maybe I will like it when I get it) and the other items don't have any wow factor at all.  Would someone please do some cashmere gloves, a poncho (usually one size can fit all) or something different?  I would have even appreciated a unique Christmas ornament or holiday decoration.  

I am really going to cut down on my boxes in the new year and quality and different are the two things I am looking for.  Right now I plan on keeping Luxor box, Oui please, Ellada Lane (assuming they get their act together as I have gotten their first box and love it)., French box (since coming back they have included really different items which I have liked though others have not) Little lace box, Serendipidity (last one was so great) Hamptons Lane and  Bespoke Post.  I am on the fence about Rachel Zoe, Fab/Fit/Fun, beauty fix, and Globein (like I the thought but end up trading most of the items).  Have cancelled Birchbox man,glossybox, yogi surprise,orange glad and all quarterly boxes. Will let Luxe provence expire after my year is up as I like it but it is too expensive for what I am getting.  

Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday and I got my shipping notice on Friday (I live on the west coast).  

I'm really happy with this box, it's fun and luxurious and sparkly.   I understand how some people might be underwhelmed since there are two jewelry pieces (the ring and hair pin).  However - I love love love that hair pin and will be able to wear it a variety of ways.

I did have to LOL a bit when I read some of the comments on the MSA forum, people complaining because it didn't feel "winter" enough and they wanted a mug (seriously, a mug?  This isn't a Martha Stewart box. . .for crying out loud! Also people complaining about how they didn't want the ring. . . which was spoiled months ago and people had plenty of time to cancel if they didn't like the ring).  

The hero item is a beautiful piece from a famous designer. . . I really don't know how they do it, $100 is an incredible value.

I'm in NJ so maybe it's an east coast thing???  I don't have shipping for the Popsugar LE either, so I'm just bummed.  Come on, boxes!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't figure out how they are shipping these boxes. My sister is having her box sent to my house and I got mine yesterday, but she hasn't received a shipping notice yet. This will be her first box.

Latest posts

Back