Words you've only ever read (random!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I can't pronounce this word for nothing....Me and my boyfriend by this sauce and when we go buy it at the market it so hard to say it:

Worcestershire sauce

Originally Posted by enyadoresme /img/forum/go_quote.gif or library pronounced LIE BERRY That's not how you pronounce library. hehe

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Jobunny, do you mean "furor" (FEW-ror)? Aha this is my problem - it's spelt both ways (furor and furore) *sigh*
And I agree with Rosie on the pronunciation of Australia - have the same problem with New Zealand, often ppl with American accents say it "Noo Zeelind" lol!

Oh and I always said "worchestershire" as wooster. I think that's right?

yeah I say wustersheer sauce, LOL

this thread is funny. I remember when I was little, I used to read the word anxiety in my head as ank-see-at-ee. I really had difficulty associating it with anx-i-et-ee. Sigh.

That's why in portguese we call that sauce "English sauce', LOL

A word I can't pronounce correctly is theater (or theatre, depending). I pronounce it thee-ate-er. It drives people mad, I know how to pronounce it, but I cant do it. My mom pronounces it that way as well.

here is my word (actually a place)- how the heck do you pronounce Ojai, California?

and Carafe???

is it care-aff or ker-aff or care-iff?

i feel stupid now.

frown.gif

My friend actually lives in Ojai and I visted her before... and she said it's Oh-Hi.

In my restaurant we say ker-aff.

And worcestershire sauce. No clue.... I always wondered myself.
smile.gif

Thanks!!!! i NEVER say Ojai it out loud and now i am glad i don't (i would have said oh-gee)

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif SteelaTope

Skwirl

vytemins

Hahah that was fun.

ditto

Originally Posted by Jobunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh and I always said "worchestershire" as wooster. I think that's right? that is right, but it's spelled worcestershire, no "h"

I've just thought of one. You know that make up artist, Kevyn Aucoin?

I have heard his surname pronounced so many different ways, I've no idea of the correct pronounciation.

Is it... Oo-coin or ooo-shon?

O-kwan - it's french, so the Au sounds like 'O' and the coin like kwan (maybe magosienne can explain it better)

What about Hayden Panettiere? is it pan-et-eer (which i've always said?) or pan-ett-ee-err?

my dad says sangwhich. it drives me up the wall.

he also says lobby like law-bee (which is right) but me and my mum always say it like low-bee.

and he says oven like aww-ven when we say it uh-ven.

oh and my sisters boyfriend says Caribbean like Cah-RIBB-ee-en. i hate that. its car-i-BEE-an the emphasis on the bee not the ribb

thought of two more.

beau and vehemently.

Back