Your Beauty Insecurities

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have so many; my small hooded eyes; my small up-turned nose, my over-bite (need braces bad!!) my small chin.

If I had the money do to plastic surgery; I would do it.

I was called "ugly" in school. ( I wore glasses then) I know I am not ugly...

But still, It makes me mad that I am not drop-dead gorgeous, or beautiful.

I hate when people tell me I am cute, or "kinda-pretty". What is, kinda -of?

Cute is for puppies!!
icon_neutral.gif

hmm mine is probobly my skin and undereye bags...though since my eyelashes are long the usualy disguise the undereye bag problem:p so my skin

My biggest insecurity is the hair on my face. I'm insane about tweezing, threading... It's hard cuz I'm fair with really dark hair, so anything on the upper lip, chin etc sticks out! Though the more I work as a makeup artist and see tons of women up close, most of us do have facial hair! So I know I'm not alone, but it can still be embarrassing for me.

deffinitly my dark black holes nder my eyes not even circles anymore.. but thats the result of getting up at 20 after 4 every morning for the part 2 years for work..and then it would be uneven skintone & enlarged pores..ehhh please go away.

My beauty insecurity is my height. If I could only add few more inches to it, I would be most happy. But it seemed like there's nothing that I can do about it (aside from surgery,which Im not for) but just to accept it the way it is.

My skin. I get clogged pores really easily, and can break out at the drop of a hat. Seriously, I break out from weather changes, hormones, makeup, pretty much anything! And of things that I can't really change (w/o surgery) is my nose. I just don't like it.
icon_redface.gif
Oh, well, life could be worse!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by bacidolci deffinitly my dark black holes nder my eyes not even circles anymore.. but thats the result of getting up at 20 after 4 every morning for the part 2 years for work..and then it would be uneven skintone & enlarged pores..ehhh please go away. oh we all hear yah..for sure:p

I suffer from mild acne breakouts - usually once a month if you know what I mean. I also have eczema on my face. It's usually not so bad but the weather has aggrivated it at the moment. Lucky me, I get an acne and eczema breakout at the same time.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hmmm..... My only Beauty insecurity is my skin. Sometimes it behaves other times it doesn't.

Originally Posted by sooner_chick I have so many; my small hooded eyes; my small up-turned nose, my over-bite (need braces bad!!) my small chin.
If I had the money do to plastic surgery; I would do it.

I was called "ugly" in school. ( I wore glasses then) I know I am not ugly...

But still, It makes me mad that I am not drop-dead gorgeous, or beautiful.

I hate when people tell me I am cute, or "kinda-pretty". What is, kinda -of?

Cute is for puppies!!
icon_neutral.gif

Oh Emme I am sure you are lovely. Everyone is their own worst critic. I wanna see a pic!!!

Acne scars! even the smallest ones....someone told me the other day though that they hardly notice them but i know they're there and it's scary how i think they will show up even MORE in certain lighting....

Most DEFINATELY my skin! Aaaargh I hate it. It's so sun damaged and acne scar ridden and my tone is incredibly uneven. I have big pores near my nose where any foundation WILL pool in by 5 minutes flat. The top of my nose has NO smooth skin; the whole surface area of it is bumpy and clogged. Gosh sometimes I get really frustrated and sometimes I don't care. I'm not even a sophmore in hs yet and i'm afraid it'll get worse!

The only other insecurity I have is my nose. You know how like, the middle part can protrude so that it looks like a circle? Well I have that, but to make it worse.. it's crooked! It sways to the right. But bleh, if I had nice skin I wouldn't care about this either.

Ahh the flaws of life. @_@ What? It isn't the end of the world, you say?! Ah okay I trust you =P

my skin is a pain in the ass!!!! tiny bumps that just won't go away or respond to any acne medications
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I lost every single one of them ages ago. If you find them, let me know, please. I sure miss my marbles. My kitties are holding your marbles hostage in secret locations all around the house. I've stepped on them before *sorry* and also kicked one under the fridge. If you want, I'll go fish them out for you but they might be sticky.

Originally Posted by Liz i have mild acne. just little bumps everywhere. so annoying. i have this problem too can i ask you what makeup you use for your skin, like fondation, concealer, powder, anything because you really doest look like having any acne on pictures. id like to do the same thing =(

Originally Posted by Joyeuux My biggest insecurity is the hair on my face. I'm insane about tweezing, threading... It's hard cuz I'm fair with really dark hair, so anything on the upper lip, chin etc sticks out! Though the more I work as a makeup artist and see tons of women up close, most of us do have facial hair! So I know I'm not alone, but it can still be embarrassing for me. That's my biggest insecurity too! I have a 'stache and someday I'll get off my butt and do laser hair removal. But what's worse is how I remove it...shaving! That's the ultimate taboo for women, but heck, it's quick, painfree, I don't have coarse enough hair to have a shadow, and it doesn't cause rashes or red bumps like tweezing, waxing, or chemical removal.
Isn't it odd how tweezing brows makes the hair grow in thinner, but that ONE hair on my chin is like a lone sentry for hair-insanity. No matter how many times I pluck it out, the creep comes back!

ugh, mine has to be my acne scars and dark circles...i have tons more but will leave it at that
icon_redface.gif

I can risk leaving the house without makeup but GOD FORBID if I ever lose my tweezer! I'd have a nervous breakdown. I can not NOT have my tweezer to pluck ANY stray hairs from my eyebrows, chin, face, anywhere a freaking hair pops up that makes me crazy.

my large pores and acne scars

my unbelievably fair skin tone - people keep asking me if I'm ill

Back