Your Facewash?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, It is depends on the person and the severity of the acne. But I use Daily Face Wash, its facial wash with gentle detergents in a fragrance-free gel, perfect for sensitive skin.

I get a goats milk soap with oatmeal in it from a guy that actually owns the farm and the goats and makes the soap. I used to be a soap maker myself that made only very high quality products, so am extremely choosy about claims of soap being 'hand made. Many aren't - being melt and pour or other garbage - or are just chunks of soap people have bought and re-batched and are filled with synthetic fragrances, colors, etc. No way, not on my face.

When I am not using that, I am using Isomers Australian Harvest Tea Tree non foaming cleanser with glycolic acids and microdermabrasion granules it it. I bought a huge 500ml pump for $25 or $30 at the time and am still using it. It will likely last another year as it takes only the size of a quarter or so to properly cleanse the face. There is also no need for a toner due to the formulation. The product does not have ground seeds in it, like so many scrubs on the market. Ground seeds have jagged edges which tear the skin, leading to more aging and future problems, so I stopped using apricot/almond.walnut shell scrubs many years ago. But exfoliating is an absolute must for me, whether manually, using with acids, or both. Daily.

I also use oatmeal and yogurt, amongst many other natural ingredients, to regularly mask, as well as Isomers Amazonian Clay Mask. $18 or cheaper. Lasts me about 6 months.

For removing eye makeup, I use my own bi-phase makeup remover which removes even waterproof makeup. I have noticed a huge difference in the skin around my eyes since I started making and using this. No matter what you use as an eye makeup remover, it will leave a residue of chemicals around the eyes which can contribute to aging and other issues. Most women never think of this. I personally have never found any other product like mine on the market., and I *have* searched as I am always looking to improve my own hand blended stuff. Not a thing

Originally Posted by EmiliaBedelia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use CeraVe foaming cleanser which pairs really well with my epiduo topical cream.

Second the CeraVe. I use the gentle face cleanser. Love their stuff!

I use Philosophy's - Purity Made Simple, Kiehl's - Ultra Facial Wash or Dr Denese's - Gentle Cleanser, it all depends on the time of day or wether or not I wore makeup & how much!

I us the Cetaphil daily wash for oily skin. I love it. Its gentle on my skin and it helps with oil production. I don't like things with scrubbers or anything that irritates the skin. It is also pretty big so it lasts for months. I love the pump on it too.

Obagi-Foaming-Gel.gif
Obagi Gentle Cleanser is my favorite.

I use Clean and Clear Sensitive skin. And if I misses the product to keep it with me when I m out of my city for some days, I prefer washing my face with lukewarm water and applying moisturizer before I go to bed.

Back