Zatarain's Big Game Cravebox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the link in the email doesn't work. If you go to their website, you'll see the instant boxes tab. They seem like they're trying to sell off slow selling boxes or extra product. None of them seem worth it.

I have no idea what to do with this box!  I've never bought Zatarian's anything before.  I should have known from the survey but guess I have no control.  What are you all going to do with all the creole seasoning?  Anyone try the lemonade yet?  I don't know if I want to try it or just give it away.  Not a fan of "diet" drinks.

Originally Posted by Jennasaurus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no idea what to do with this box!  I've never bought Zatarian's anything before.  I should have known from the survey but guess I have no control.  What are you all going to do with all the creole seasoning?  Anyone try the lemonade yet?  I don't know if I want to try it or just give it away.  Not a fan of "diet" drinks.
You need to put shrimp, chicken, sausage or two of them in with the Zatarain. Its pretty good that way. But red beans and rice are so easy and better tasting from scratch, unless you're really in a hurry the box is needless. I agree this is a Mardi Gras box, which is fine since I have no interest in anything about the Super Bowl this year.

I got mine today. It's decent, I was honestly expecting a box like this. It will be nice for some family dinners, but nothing special. It beats going to buy it all from the grocery store, though and my fiancee loves everything in it, so I saved a bit of money by having the box doubled:)

The True Lemon products are very good- I do not really consider them entirely "diet" as the sweetener is made from Stevia that is a natural leaf. and the products are all natural.

If you do not want them I'll take them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

<actually shipping is prob too much......>.

e

The True Lemon lemonade and ice tea mixes is the only exception I make for sugar free drinks, usually I have sugared drinks. But these are all natural,so I do not mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to put shrimp, chicken, sausage or two of them in with the Zatarain. Its pretty good that way. But red beans and rice are so easy and better tasting from scratch, unless you're really in a hurry the box is needless. I agree this is a Mardi Gras box, which is fine since I have no interest in anything about the Super Bowl this year.
I was going to do Shrimp and Tofu in a mix, as no one who is eating this wants chicken or sausages and I can not eat all that food myself.

I really think they should have included some kind of dessert thing and a snack mix of some sort-that is really missing from the box.

Well maybe I will try and do some creole seasoned macadamia nuts- I have a huge 1lb of those nuts here.

I would gladly take the lemonade and the creole seasoning off your hands if you'd like.
popcorn.gif
  I haven't tried the creole seasoning yet but I have some cajun seasoning at home that I put on just about anything.  I love to buy edamame from trader joe's and have cajun spiced edamame for a snack.  I also add it to chicken, beef, pasta, you name it!  I hope it tastes the same.

Thanks for the info, EmGee!  I didn't realize what Stevia is - I should know how to read packaging, huh?  I made up a pitcher of the lemon iced tea and I'm able to drink it.  Not sure how much I like it yet.  I'll give it awhile. 

Still interested in ideas on using the Creole Seasoning if anyone has any!

Thanks for the info, EmGee!  I didn't realize what Stevia is - I should know how to read packaging, huh?  I made up a pitcher of the lemon iced tea and I'm able to drink it.  Not sure how much I like it yet.  I'll give it awhile. 

Still interested in ideas on using the Creole Seasoning if anyone has any!
I think the Creole Seasoning will be great on fries. I have some crinkle fries from Target in the freezer.

I made the Jumbolaya mix and the beans & rice last night with shrimp and hot sausage. It was pretty good. I wished I had some biscuits and pralines for dessert tho! I saved some sausage on the side to eat on a roll to try with the mustard and some grilled onions/peppers.

EmGee - Just PMed you!  I decided I'm not a True Lemon fan.  It's better than most tea mixes I've tried but I think I like plain tap water the best.

Totem, great idea about the fries!  I love seasoning salt on my fries so this is probably pretty similar. 

I'm making pork chops in the crock pot tonight and threw a bunch of the Creole seasoning on them... just because.  I'll see if anyone says anything about it tonight at dinner
whistling.gif

What are you all going to do with all the creole seasoning?
You can add that to a lot of stuff but I love adding it to garlic alfredo sauce with my pasta. It adds a bit of kick. It is also good on almost anything fried or meant to be fried and most meats.

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to do Shrimp and Tofu in a mix, as no one who is eating this wants chicken or sausages and I can not eat all that food myself.

I really think they should have included some kind of dessert thing and a snack mix of some sort-that is really missing from the box.

Well maybe I will try and do some creole seasoned macadamia nuts- I have a huge 1lb of those nuts here.
That's a good tip about the tofu with the shrimp, since I don't really like sausage, and it won't clog the arteries. I might make that tonight, along with the Ultimate Party Meatball recipe from the last Cravebox using Trader Joe's turkey meatballs.

Cravebox has now turned into "INSTANT BOXES".  You no longer have to enter.  They just send them to you.  I hadn't entered for a long time and not gotten them.  I think they just want to do theme boxes.  I was disappointed in the New Years Resolution one, because it was just some diet foods mostly.  

I thought it was going to be more about writing down your New Year's Resolution and self affirmations and motivation.  Even a pad and some pens to write about it  I missed when they did the Bic Markers.  That looked like fun.

Back