Zatarain's Big Game Cravebox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my box:
zatarain's- creole seasoning (2) , jambalaya (2), red beans and rice (2), creole mustard (2), true lemon sugar free lemon iced tea (2) and New Orleans bead necklaces

Originally Posted by noraray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my box:

zatarain's- creole seasoning (2) , jambalaya (2), red beans and rice (2), creole mustard (2), true lemon sugar free lemon iced tea (2) and New Orleans bead necklaces
Oh snap! Gonna be the first cravebox that I don't like.  I figured it would be a little more varied,

Originally Posted by noraray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my box:

I believe I will love this box!

Received my box:
Do you have pictures by any chance? I don't want to make a judgement on this box till I actually see what it looks like. Mine probably won't get here till next week sometime

Awesome box cant wait to get mine but didnt it say in the survey partyware like plates, etc that doestn matter to me just wondering

Here's a pic of what I got today. I was surprised by the weight. No paper products.

Looks good!

Kind of what I expected, well did not expect True Lemon iced tea <I do like and buy it...it is good>.

I did expect some kind of snack thing and some recipies though and maybe a coupon for some free item at the store as they always seem to have those....

And I recall some question about nuts in the survey, so thought there would be a tin of nuts or coupon or something??

Still pleased, I hope my meal turns out good. Guess I'll have to print some recipies to bring with me to make my meal.....

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's a pic of what I got today. I was surprised by the weight. No paper products.

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks good!

Kind of what I expected, well did not expect True Lemon iced tea <I do like and buy it...it is good>.

I did expect some kind of snack thing and some recipies though and maybe a coupon for some free item at the store as they always seem to have those....

And I recall some question about nuts in the survey, so thought there would be a tin of nuts or coupon or something??

Still pleased, I hope my meal turns out good. Guess I'll have to print some recipies to bring with me to make my meal.....
I forgot to put in the pic, but there were two recipes and some bead necklaces. No coupons though (at least that I got).

Looks like a good box for me but I will say that if it wasn't for the party size upgrade I don't think that it would be worth it in my opinion. I also feel that people hoping to use this box to throw their super bowl party may be a little disappointed. I got this box because I love zatarans so this box is just what I was hoping for.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a good box for me but I will say that if it wasn't for the party size upgrade I don't think that it would be worth it in my opinion. I also feel that people hoping to use this box to throw their super bowl party may be a little disappointed. I got this box because I love zatarans so this box is just what I was hoping for.
I agree...if this box wasn't doubled I would have been disappointed. Anyone know the retail value on this box?

I bought the box to make a dinner when I visit my parents in March.

Pleased with what was sent, I like the True Lemon iced tea and the reg price of that is around $6 per box-so the value seems fair even if it has a bit less.

Was really hoping for a snack though. or something sweet.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by PBandJilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree...if this box wasn't doubled I would have been disappointed. Anyone know the retail value on this box?
i believe around $45

I am really glad I decided against getting Craveboxes.You guys LOVED these things last year and they looked really cool, but now they seem more like just a compilation of things you can get at an ordinary grocery. I guess lot of these sub models really need the bog corporate sponsors and the more boutique-y stuff just isn't sustainable.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really glad I decided against getting Craveboxes.You guys LOVED these things last year and they looked really cool, but now they seem more like just a compilation of things you can get at an ordinary grocery. I guess lot of these sub models really need the bog corporate sponsors and the more boutique-y stuff just isn't sustainable.
A year ago I would have told you that CraveBox was my favorite sub, hands down. But that was during the Beta period when they sent a variety of items in each box. Now, they have changed their business model and send theme boxes. After I received the BBQ box this summer (after I had opted out of it but they decided to send it to everyone anyway) and the Tasty box (worth less than what I paid) I dumped CraveBox and I've been happy with that decision. The recent boxes are not interesting to me but I'm glad the majority of people seem to enjoy them. Also, the lottery style of "winning" a box (which I'm still paying for) just seems a little juvenile to me. 

I don't think the name CraveBox accurately reflects the recent boxes of rather ho hum items. 

Back