Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The photo to the left is from their Facebook wall showing a sneak peek for December. I think that will be their first box sent to the public, not entirely sure.

Sign up now for $14.99 and pay that price for as long as you're a member. Regular price: $21.

From their site:

• As a subscriber, you’ll receive 3 fabulous preselected nail colors delivered monthly.
  • Enjoy a full size, .50oz bottle of luscious SquareHue nail polish. No micro, trial, only-enough-for-nine-finger-nails size.
  • Always fresh colors making it easy to stay in-season.
  • Proudly made in the USA with FDA-approved ingredients. Not tested on animals.
  • Say “Goodbye!†to last-minute runs to the inconvenience store.
  • You’re-Gonna-Love-It quality – Wait till you try it!
  • “3-Free†Clean formula – Does not contain DPB, Formaldehyde or Toluene. And for our pro friends, no Camphor either.
  • No more being stuck with the same nail color all month long.

I AM looking into this subscription service since they seem to be the next Julep. Unlike Lacquerous you get to KEEP these polishes.

https://www.squarehue.com

Not yet. I don't think they've released any polishes to any of the nail bloggers since I haven't seen it on anyone's site yet. If you Google SquareHue you'll see we're like among the first to talk about them.

I like some of Julep's polishes enough to stay subscribed, but, *man*, I hate their bottles.  I don't care that they are tiny bottles, but they are a royal pain in the ass to use because they're thin and tall.  These look like they are much, much better and a whole lot more stable than Julep bottles.  Never underestimate the power of packaging to influence a purchasing decision.  I think I'll be signing up in two paychecks!

SquareHue is 0.5 oz while Julep is 0.27 oz. so SquareHue already is bigger than Julep.

They need a proofreader. I just skimmed their "how it works" page and found three grammatical/typographical errors.

I looked at the site to see if they offer a skip a month feature. They mentioned a pause/suspend option.

I'm definitely interested in signing up but I think I may have to wait despite the great intro price. I wonder how long that will be offered.

I love these bottles way more than those stupid Julep ones.

I wonder about the skip feature too and I wonder if there's a referral program.

I'm sitting here debating whether or not to sign up, the promo going on is tempting me since it also includes free shipping. Their normal sub charges shipping, which they state in the FAQ, so you're saving almost $12 a month if you go the promo route. Mind you, I have no idea how long the promo is going on for.

Okay, gang, I'm clicking the Sign Up Now button now.  I'm not really digging the colors all on their own, but they would look very festive and seasonal used together in nail art, and I do love those bottles.  We'll see how this goes!  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, gang, I'm clicking the Sign Up Now button now.  I'm not really digging the colors all on their own, but they would look very festive and seasonal used together in nail art, and I do love those bottles.  We'll see how this goes!  
gl :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I won't be going for this yet, but I'm considering, I will give it 2-3 months to see how it turns out for all the subbies and then I might do it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just signed up for Square Hue. 

Julep's colors are great, but the polish peels right off my fingers in sheets.  It's just like the toy peel off polish that I remember having as a little girl. 

I love having a nail polish sub because I get overwhelmed by the color selection if I'm staring at a whole display and end up with the relatively same pale mauve/neutral every time.  We'll see if Square Hue works better for me.  After my nails dry I will cross my fingers.

I was all set to sign up for this until my fabulous hubby got me the Ciate Caviar mini mani month for my birthday.  The colors look so fun!  I hope the formula is terrific and I look forward to hearing about them.

Ooh, so that's more of a champagne-y shade than gold gold?  ARE WE THERE YET?  (Did I miss where they said what their shipping schedule was?  Because I can't find it now, although I just confirmed that the charge did hit my credit card.)

Back