Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No promo code. It's a flat rate of $14.99 right now and after the 8th it'll be $21.
Thanks! I googled a bit and figured that out. I am all signed up now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am now signed up.
biggrin.gif

I don't want to keep going on and on, but this stuff is wearing beautifully.  It may be the longest lasting polish that I've ever used.  It has been on for about 24 hours, and through all of my daily mom duties, and I don't have a single chip.  This never happens.

SO pretty!! sadly bf said we have to cut expenses cuz he has to do some work on his car, so I can't sing up and probably will be canceling julep 
icon_cry.gif

Wow, champagne toast made it through *two whole days* before I changed colors, and the only reason I did so was because I had already decided to wear holly berry (totally not my usual sort of color, but I decided that I *would* wear all three of these colors this week) tomorrow.  There were only a few tiny chips that I could only see because I was *searching* for them, and they weren't noticeable from a distance of more than a few inches, so if I was only going by chips to dictate whether to change polish (this usually takes a day and a half), I would still be wearing champagne toast.  The red will show this sort of thing a *lot* more easily than the champagne, so we'll just have to wait and see how the next couple of days go.  I do see a ding in one thumb already, but I know that's from catching my nail on a zipper, so that problem spot is not the polish's fault.  I'm a little apprehensive about the purple because I've had similar colors in the past that have been far too sheer for my liking, but maybe this will be nicely opaque like the red.

In related news, I now have two out of three of these colors up on Instagram!  I'm not sure when the third will go up.  Maybe tomorrow night, probably Friday because I'm not sure when I'll get home tomorrow night or how sober I will be (annual office holiday luncheon, possibly followed by annual building holiday party.  Either way, free food and drinks!).  I'm not a swatch-photograph-remove-repeat person.  I do my nails, and that's that, unless I mess them up.  I'm only starting to take pictures of them because I can easily do so and post the pictures immediately with my new phone (I *love* gadgets!).  My pictures are easy to spot even if you don't know my username or come across them elsewhere (say, on the Square Hue page itself):  It turns out that I seem to be developing a habit of taking my #notd photos against a purple leopard print polarfleece background.

I got my box today. My box was provided to me for free from SquareHue but I DID sign up on December 1st so my first paid box will be shipped in January. OMG These colors are gorgeous, the purple (Sugar Plum) caught my eye since I'm always searching for the perfect purple. I found that it took only one coat for full coverage (on a nail swatch) and it wasn't streaky. Tomorrow I plan on giving myself a proper manicure and use Sugar Plum.

Champagne Toast to me reminds me of a party dress. While it is shimmery and shiny I honestly think that anyone can wear it in a professional setting if Sugar Plum or Holly Berry is too bold. It's very subtle but very sophisticated to me.

Holly Berry wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be more a deeper red and it's not but it is very much a berry color. For some reason the color of a red candy apple comes to mind  when I look at this color on my swatch. I'm not a red nail polish type of person (I ♥♥♥♥♥ purple) to be honest - I do own lots of reds - but this one I like because it has a candy apple feel to it to me.

As for the brushes, I really didn't think anything of the brushes - it wasn't too narrow and it wasn't too fat. These are not flat brushes which I'm always on the fence - some days I like flat brushes and other days I hate flat brushes. The bristles are not too short and it's not too long. All of a sudden I feel like Goldilocks here when I say the brush size is just right for me.

At this point in time I'm VERY happy I did sign up and if the polishes in the January box are as good as the December box then they're going to give Julep a good run for the money because you get more polish for less (if you sign up before the 8th, after that it'll be $21 per month). It is too late to get the December polishes and anyone who signed up after December 1 will see their first box in January.

Size: 0.50 oz each

Price: $14.99 monthly (thought December 8 and after that $21 monthly)

If you're into nail polish I say give these a try.

I am so jealous I could cry. I am seriously kicking myself for not signing up sooner. I LOVE these colors. I am excited for January!

I got my box today. My box was provided to me for free from SquareHue but I DID sign up on December 1st so my first paid box will be shipped in January. OMG These colors are gorgeous, the purple (Sugar Plum) caught my eye since I'm always searching for the perfect purple. I found that it took only one coat for full coverage (on a nail swatch) and it wasn't streaky. Tomorrow I plan on giving myself a proper manicure and use Sugar Plum.

Champagne Toast to me reminds me of a party dress. While it is shimmery and shiny I honestly think that anyone can wear it in a professional setting if Sugar Plum or Holly Berry is too bold. It's very subtle but very sophisticated to me.

Holly Berry wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be more a deeper red and it's not but it is very much a berry color. For some reason the color of a red candy apple comes to mind  when I look at this color on my swatch. I'm not a red nail polish type of person (I ♥♥♥♥♥ purple) to be honest - I do own lots of reds - but this one I like because it has a candy apple feel to it to me.

As for the brushes, I really didn't think anything of the brushes - it wasn't too narrow and it wasn't too fat. These are not flat brushes which I'm always on the fence - some days I like flat brushes and other days I hate flat brushes. The bristles are not too short and it's not too long. All of a sudden I feel like Goldilocks here when I say the brush size is just right for me.

At this point in time I'm VERY happy I did sign up and if the polishes in the January box are as good as the December box then they're going to give Julep a good run for the money because you get more polish for less (if you sign up before the 8th, after that it'll be $21 per month). It is too late to get the December polishes and anyone who signed up after December 1 will see their first box in January.

Size: 0.50 oz each

Price: $14.99 monthly (thought December 8 and after that $21 monthly)

If you're into nail polish I say give these a try.

The colors are really pretty but I am waffling because you pay another $5 for shipping each month. It doesn't sound like much but $20 on top of my other subs is a lot.

From their site:

If members sign up by December 8 then it's $14.99 flat however just to be sure I did email them. So stay tuned. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok thanks. I saw this on their site here: http://www.squarehue.com/faqs/

"Square Hue ships Parcel Post® due to the fact that the Postal Service™ defines nail polish as a hazardous material. Parcel Post® runs anywhere between $5.25 – $5.80, depending on the zip code of the shipping address. In an effort to keep costs low and pass the savings on to you, we do not offer the option of tracking packages since this would be an additional expense."

Ok thanks. I saw this on their site here: http://www.squarehue.com/faqs/ "Square Hue ships Parcel Post® due to the fact that the Postal Service™ defines nail polish as a hazardous material. Parcel Post® runs anywhere between $5.25 – $5.80, depending on the zip code of the shipping address. In an effort to keep costs low and pass the savings on to you, we do not offer the option of tracking packages since this would be an additional expense."
If you sign up under the launch special, shipping is free, so it's basically $12-ish dollars off the full price.

Okay, official answer.

The $14.99 include shipping for life. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So for subscribers who sign up by December 8 will pay $14.99 for life of the subscription. Anyone who signs up after will pay $21 plus shipping.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you sign up under the launch special, shipping is free, so it's basically $12-ish dollars off the full price.
Yes I saw the info, I was just a little hesitant because of potential sneaky charges because of that FAQ on their site.

Okay, official answer.

So for subscribers who sign up by December 8 will pay $14.99 for life of the subscription. Anyone who signs up after will pay $21 plus shipping.
Awesome, thanks for checking Zadi!

I just signed up too. I have to say, I love one specific little thing in their account profile. They actually list the day you will be billed in your account. I am terrible at losing track of stuff so to be able to find it so easily is great.

I might have to start my own "I
heart.gif
Square Hue" blog 'cause I am obsessed with this stuff.  It goes on smooth, stays nice longer than anything else on me, and comes off easy too. 

Holly Berry does have a candy apple feel, but the pics just don't do these colors justice.

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might have to start my own "I
heart.gif
Square Hue" blog 'cause I am obsessed with this stuff.  It goes on smooth, stays nice longer than anything else on me, and comes off easy too. 

Holly Berry does have a candy apple feel, but the pics just don't do these colors justice.

I support this. More nail blogs!!! BTW that color is gorgeous
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree. The purple for example looks completely different in person, like rich velvet, but in the pics it doesn't. It actually was the same with one of the purples from Julep that had gold in it and the camera just wouldn't capture the gold at all.

So I signed up December 4th and my next billing date is January 1st. So will my first box be January polishes and the one I'm billed for in January, February polishes? That's a bit concerning as I'll probably have paid for two months before getting my first.

Back