Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure on that. Looking at my account it looks like my next billing will be January 1, 2013 since I signed up on December 1, 2013. I'll have to ask them how this will work or if those who sign up in December will have their next payment at the end of January instead of whatever day they signed up because in my case (and others in similar positions) we'll be paying up to four weeks in advance which is something I don't care for.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For ladies who have/had Julep, how does this box compare? Worth a trial?
I have Julep and I think Square Hue is definitely worth at least a trial month, especially at the $14.99 price. If you end up not liking it, you can cancel and you got to try it for cheaper than usual. If you end up loving it, you get locked into the discounted price for life. You can pause your membership or cancel any time.

Gahhhh I wish I had bitten the bullet and subbed to December. If ANYONE wants to trade for that champagne color *please* PM me! I'm going to sign up now. It seems awesome. Thanks for all the pics/quick reviews, ladies!

I caved at least for a month based on what I'm seeing here. If anything, it will be alternating between this and Julep each month.

Originally Posted by fate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Julep and I think Square Hue is definitely worth at least a trial month, especially at the $14.99 price. If you end up not liking it, you can cancel and you got to try it for cheaper than usual. If you end up loving it, you get locked into the discounted price for life. You can pause your membership or cancel any time.
What she said.  I can see myself pretty much bailing on Julep in favor of this one if we continue to see non-cream finishes.  Julep focuses *far* too much on those for me.  The fact that these are not polish launches (like Julep) but rather basically microbatches available only that month really appeals to me, too.  

(Just out of curiosity, what are some order numbers out there?  Mine was 1082.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What she said.  I can see myself pretty much bailing on Julep in favor of this one if we continue to see non-cream finishes.  Julep focuses *far* too much on those for me.  The fact that these are not polish launches (like Julep) but rather basically microbatches available only that month really appeals to me, too.  

I also like the fact that it's just three nail polishes no other random stuff. I don't need Julep brand body butter and foot cream. I'm signed up for polish so let me have it!

(I'm 1088!)

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm signing up..besides, I planned on canceling Julep anyways. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm hanging onto Julep for another month or two and then I plan on canceling. I'll probably skip until I see something I like then use my Jules up on it and then I'm out.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine had 12,12 on the bottom but no order #.

I just signed up today! I wish I had caved earlier. I really love the Dec colors! The red is amazing! I may be skipping Julep for awhile. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you go into your account on Square Hue it should say your order number on the far left panel.

12.12 is the date! I love that: The vintage is right on the bottle, so you know exactly when you got it. The order number is on your account. I think it might have been on the shipping label as well. As for no extras: Same here. That is actually something I was planning to put in my blog post once I get around to it. I think the only Julep extra I've used is the glass file.

Ahhh!

Well my December box was free so it doesn't count in the first place. I signed up December 1 making me 1284.

I signed up on November 27, and my order number is 1264. I wonder if they started at 1000.

I'm still signed up with Julep, but I plan to skip until we see a few more months of Square Hue.  I don't really like Julep's strategy of the secret store and the add-ons and the multiple other ways that they try to get even more of my cash every month.  A straight forward "here is our product. I hope you like it" appeals to me greatly.  Plus, Julep polishes peel right off of my nails and I haven't had that problems with these three from Square Hue.  I generally love Julep's colors, but I feel like the ones that I want are never packaged together, so I have to choose a box and then add on the other one or two colors that I really wanted, so I spend more that way too.  Julep's retail cost is outrageous for 0.27oz of polish.

Hehe, I've just convinced myself to drop Julep regardless of any other factor. 

I also signed up on Dec 4th and have a scheduled billing on Jan 4th. Sent an email to ask about it. 

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also signed up on Dec 4th and have a scheduled billing on Jan 4th. Sent an email to ask about it. 
Let me know what they say! I'm curious. If I won't be getting a box until January then I think I'll pause my membership. I'm NOT paying for 2 months before even receiving the first one. That just rubs me the wrong way.

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up on November 27, and my order number is 1264. I wonder if they started at 1000.

I'm still signed up with Julep, but I plan to skip until we see a few more months of Square Hue.  I don't really like Julep's strategy of the secret store and the add-ons and the multiple other ways that they try to get even more of my cash every month.  A straight forward "here is our product. I hope you like it" appeals to me greatly.  Plus, Julep polishes peel right off of my nails and I haven't had that problems with these three from Square Hue.  I generally love Julep's colors, but I feel like the ones that I want are never packaged together, so I have to choose a box and then add on the other one or two colors that I really wanted, so I spend more that way too.  Julep's retail cost is outrageous for 0.27oz of polish.

Yep, I skip a lot because of that. I don't want to pay for polishes I won't use *just* to buy add-ons. But I think maybe that is their strategy. I've skipped the past few months because I can't justify $19.99 for 1 bottle of polish and some extra that sits under the bathroom sink.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me know what they say! I'm curious. If I won't be getting a box until January then I think I'll pause my membership. I'm NOT paying for 2 months before even receiving the first one. That just rubs me the wrong way.

Yep, I skip a lot because of that. I don't want to pay for polishes I won't use *just* to buy add-ons. But I think maybe that is their strategy. I've skipped the past few months because I can't justify $19.99 for 1 bottle of polish and some extra that sits under the bathroom sink.
They emailed me back. You pay a month in advance. So the payment I made on Dec 4th is paying for my Jan, The Jan 4 payment will be for my February box, etc etc.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They emailed me back. You pay a month in advance. So the payment I made on Dec 4th is paying for my Jan, The Jan 4 payment will be for my February box, etc etc.
Also, their billing is based on when you sign up.  My billing date is the 20th of every month since I signed up on November 20th.  If you miss the launch special (I believe it expires today, but even at full price, you're paying just a little more than you do for OPI, and you're getting what I think of as microbatch polishes. Yes, I live in the land of microbreweries, microroasters, and microdistilleries) and want to receive your polishes closer to when you pay, just sign up later in the month.

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to sign up 12/6 and was #1345 but couldn't get it to work - had all kinds of issues with the site.  Went back in on 12/7 on a different computer and cancelled the original.  Started over and got all signed up under #1384

Latest posts

Back