Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the pause/suspend work is it like Julep where they send you a email or do you have to try and "remember" before they charge you?

I finally decided to subscribe, at 14.99...I can't say no, lol. I wish I had subscribed from the beginning so I could have the full collection, but 2 missing boxes isn't too bad. 

I signed up with the code, thank you for posting it! I have started skipping Julep a lot lately and buying their Mystery boxes instead. I am order #1847 and I'm in for Feb.

How does the pause/suspend work is it like Julep where they send you a email or do you have to try and "remember" before they charge you?
I don't believe they do (but I am not certain, January will be my first month). But you can pause or cancel from within your account at any time.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't believe they do (but I am not certain, January will be my first month). But you can pause or cancel from within your account at any time.
This is only going to be their second month, so they may be changing this as they progress, but the only order-related email I received after I signed up was the shipping notice (and, as a side note, they don't use DC, but given past experience with other companies' shipping time, I was expecting this to take a week to get to me.  It shipped from FL on a Saturday and arrived in OR on a Monday).  They also sent out a general update email on the 3rd (the day my box arrived) that this was actually shipped out early (and that the Christmas promo would be ending at the end of that week), but then I saw a recent update that said that they would be having two shipping dates (the 1st and the 15th), so they may have reassessed and decided that the 1st *will* be an official shipping date. 

ETA:  Forgot to mention this part:  They base the billing date on your signup date, so, yeah, my guess is that you need to remember to pause before your billing date because it's not like Julep where they run all of the cards at the same time.  They do send out email when your card is charged, but that's after the fact, so if you wanted to pause your subscription because you wanted to avoid the charge that month, yes, it does look like you will just have to remember to pause before your charge date.  

(And as a side note, they have specifically stated that they do not send out preview email because their goal is to be a company that customers will trust to have great colors, and if they accomplish that goal, and I'm interpreting that to mean that they want there to be no need for a preview email because we will love *something* in each collection enough to be able to continue to justify the expense each month.  If I had to guess, I would say that signups were slower than expected, so they released preview pictures, and then those got things rolling once people decided that there was a color in there that would be worth the $15 pre-launch rate.  For me, that color this month was champagne toast, and then it turned out that I loved it even more than I had ever expected once I saw it in real life, although I am *shocked* at how much I love holly berry, too.  I am *not* a red polish fan *at all*, and I usually actively ignore it, but this one is *awesome*, and I've actually worn it twice since I got it and am contemplating a third time, which is some kind of record for a red for me.  I'm just sad my nails -- and it was my *nails* and not the polish.  Gotta find my Nailtiques! -- started peeling like crazy yesterday, so I had to end that manicure early.)

I broke down and subscribed. At $5 a bottle it's easy to justify. The colors look amazing and I'd hate to sign up later when I know I could have had a better price.

I can't wait to get my first box which will be the Jan one:) thanks for posting the code a lot of my friends will be thankful for this as well!!!!!

I looked at their colors for December and January and I am not really convinced yet. I really like Julep because they have some many colors and they are so different than what is out there. I know this one has bigger polishes but I am just not sold yet. I think I will wait and see how their next couple of months look. 

Not a sub, but one of my favorite nail polish  only comes in the 5ml size.

The company says they do this, so the product will have less chance to dry out and you waste less polish.

But the polish I like seems like a cheap deal....till you realize the size.

I'm talking about Mavala Switzerland nail polish, 5ml is around $5-7.....

Which formula is nicer- Julep or Square Hue?

I'm curious to try them both out for a month.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SquareHue is 0.5 oz while Julep is 0.27 oz. so SquareHue already is bigger than Julep.

Back