Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Square Hue web site describes the January box as "The Arctic Collection".  Will it be blue and silver??

The Square Hue web site describes the January box as "The Arctic Collection".  Will it be blue and silver??
Ooh, please please please! Those are pretty much my favorite nail colors. I'm currently wearing Excalibur from a-england. After seeing what they did with champagne toast, I can easily imagine them making a silver foil with a blue tinge.

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where did you see this? I'm blind apparently.

I AM blind hahaha. Sorry. It does look blue and white. YAY .
w00t.gif

My OCD really, *really* hopes that the packaging remains exactly as it is:  Three bottles side-by-side in one box.  I put dots of the polishes with the shade names and date of collection (I need to dig up the collection name and add that as well since I seem to recall that this collection did have a name, and the idea of each collection having one name really appeals to me, too) on one end of the box, and if they continue to send these in the same packaging, I can definitely see myself putting the boxes on my shelf, like books, except instead of the book titles showing, the color dots and shade names will be showing. 

For those of you who did get the box and have used them a little more how is the quality with application and lasting power ? I am getting the January box so excited to try them out!

I'm doing a test with these polishes. I have Holly Berry on my left hand, Sugar Plum on my right - no base coat, no ridge filler and I didn't buff my nails to smooth the nail. I did it on my nails straight out of the bottle to see how long it will take to chip under this circumstance - in other words the WORST way to apply the polish. Tonight is night one of my experiment

Awesome I am happy your doing this because now I won't have to hehe Jk but please let me know how it results! To funny with diffrent hand colors but I am excited to hear about it!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm doing a test with these polishes. I have Holly Berry on my left hand, Sugar Plum on my right - no base coat, no ridge filler and I didn't buff my nails to smooth the nail. I did it on my nails straight out of the bottle to see how long it will take to chip under this circumstance - in other words the WORST way to apply the polish. Tonight is night one of my experiment
This is how I always do my nails.  I know it's the worst way, but I usually get bored and change colors after a few days, so I just don't see the point in buffing and prepping because it's *time-consuming* to do all of those layers (not to mention keeping track of all of those bottles).  All three of these lasted a few days until I just couldn't take seeing the same color on my nails for one more days with almost no chipping, and I had to really concentrate and *search* for any chips/nicks.  This was especially true of the champagne toast, although I'm not sure whether that was simply because it's a more forgiving shade when it comes to that.  I had more of a problem with forgetting my nails were still wet/curing and smudging the purple.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is how I always do my nails.  I know it's the worst way, but I usually get bored and change colors after a few days, so I just don't see the point in buffing and prepping because it's *time-consuming* to do all of those layers (not to mention keeping track of all of those bottles).  All three of these lasted a few days until I just couldn't take seeing the same color on my nails for one more days with almost no chipping, and I had to really concentrate and *search* for any chips/nicks.  This was especially true of the champagne toast, although I'm not sure whether that was simply because it's a more forgiving shade when it comes to that.  I had more of a problem with forgetting my nails were still wet/curing and smudging the purple.  
I am glad to hear this because I am the same way about doing my nails.  At most I will file any nails that need to be rounded off or have gotten too long.  January will be my first box with Square Hue (I was nervous to try after not loving Julep). 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do my nails the same way as you two girls, I also change the color often, so why bother?
For me the reason I bother is that I am absolutely relentless on my hands. Between doing webdesign/graphic arts, having 4 kids, baking a lot, swimming, and just being generally clumsy it is a must for me. If I didn't prime, buff, etc I swear my nails would be half bald within a day. Also it does last a lot longer so if I run out of time to do my nails I have a little bit of grace period before I am forced to. When I was a teen I didn't have this problem so I think it may just be how much I use my hands now. If I could get away with doing a coat and not all that hassle, you bet I would!

well, the only thing I don't do it's buff, and that's not only cuz I'm lazy, but I always over buff...I over buffed like 3 months ago...my nails are not the same ever since...but I do apply a base coat(well I use nailtiques formula 2, though I see no difference since I started using nailtiques...) and then 2 coats of polish and seche vite...But I do see where you're coming from, the only thing I do that can screw my nails is the dishes, but that's it...oh and I'm apparently allergic to cold weather, so I was breaking out in a rash some weeks ago so that would wear my nails a lot cuz I was super itchy, but that's it

Wow, I saw that they had added a second shipping date mid-month yesterday, but then they apparently maxed out even that production capacity between then and now!  And I was charged for January yesterday.  It's funny how much easier it was to skip Julep today after I got the confirmation that my Square Hue charge went through yesterday.

Oh no, I missed the December 8th sign up and the January box. lol Oh crud!

If I don't have the special price, does that mean I have to pay both the 21 bucks AND the shipment? If that's true, I really won't be able to afford it unless I give up glossybox or Julep.

La Sigh!

I just signed up as well. If you sign up before Dec. 24 with promo code DECBLOGGER01, it will lock in the $14.99/free shipping price for life. I'm really excited to try these polishes. I am a sucker for good branding (I work in marketing), and this just screams pretty to me! Sadly I missed the sign up for January polishes, but I'm excited for February. Double the bottle size of Julep and $5 cheaper? count me in.

Originally Posted by libedon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up as well. If you sign up before Dec. 24 with promo code DECBLOGGER01, it will lock in the $14.99/free shipping price for life. I'm really excited to try these polishes. I am a sucker for good branding (I work in marketing), and this just screams pretty to me! Sadly I missed the sign up for January polishes, but I'm excited for February. Double the bottle size of Julep and $5 cheaper? count me in.
Like Annelle who got us a promo code earlier this year with Beauty Fix I got us this one with SquareHue but like the other promo codes this will expired on the 24th and prices go back up to $21 per month which now includes shipping.

DECBLOGGER03

Latest posts

Back