Square Hue: The December polishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, so that's more of a champagne-y shade than gold gold?  ARE WE THERE YET?  (Did I miss where they said what their shipping schedule was?  Because I can't find it now, although I just confirmed that the charge did hit my credit card.)
I know isn't that champagne pretty? I think they are supposed to ship December 1st.

I will have to live vicariously on this one. My husband will bury my in the back yard with all my samples if I sub to this.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Is it bad that I'm keeping Julep for now and joining Square Hue and I'm just going to get the box that I like best each month?  If the Square Hue formula ends up working great for me, then I'll drop Julep.

I REALLY want to sign up, but I think I need to wait until there's reviews. If they had a rewards program like Julep or something, I think I'd definitely have subbed for the discounted price. I love the bottle designs though and the December colors are very pretty!

I just posted this on my Facebook wall.

I got an email from squarehue.com about the promo code. The LAST day for the $14.99 per month deal is December 8. I have yet to try the polishes but they seriously look gorgeous! Can't wait for my box to arrive.

Just for comparison.

Julep: $19.99 (plus applicable tax) for two to three polishes depending on the box. Each polish is 0.27 oz

SquareHue: $14.99 until December 8 after that $21 for three. Each bottle is 0.50 oz.

At this time there are no referral codes/url.

I decided to go ahead and jump on while the price is lower. I know I will regret it if I don't.
icon_lol.gif

Hopefully someone's order gets there before the eighth. Would like a preview of quality.

I GOT IT!!  The colors are even more beautiful than they looked in the previews.  They all look smooth, rich, and velvety.  Sugar Plum, Champagne Toast, & Holly Berry.

I will post swatches in a few minutes.

I'm not a nail polish expert, but I like these a lot.  The bottles are awesome; the base is 1 1/4" and perfectly square, so they're nice and stable.  The brushes are good, I was able to do a nice three stroke application, and my nail beds are pretty wide.  The polish spread nicely with no obvious brush strokes, and it dried relatively quickly.  I did two coats of Holly Berry and Sugar Plum and one coat of Champagne Toast.  I used Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat, but the polish was fairly dry before I got to the top coat.  Holly Berry is identical to Julep's Sharon.  I'm extremely happy.  IMO, the intro price is a great deal for this product.  Champagne Toast is a gorgeous color that would pair well with almost anything.

Those are gorgeous colors. I am signing up tomorrow. Sad I missed these colors. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for posting swatches. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a nail polish expert, but I like these a lot.  The bottles are awesome; the base is 1 1/4" and perfectly square, so they're nice and stable.  The brushes are good, I was able to do a nice three stroke application, and my nail beds are pretty wide.  The polish spread nicely with no obvious brush strokes, and it dried relatively quickly.  I did two coats of Holly Berry and Sugar Plum and one coat of Champagne Toast.  I used Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat, but the polish was fairly dry before I got to the top coat.  Holly Berry is identical to Julep's Sharon.  I'm extremely happy.  IMO, the intro price is a great deal for this product.  Champagne Toast is a gorgeous color that would pair well with almost anything.

Holy crap, gang, mine are here, too.  I live in Portland.  There were sent first-class from Miami.  I don't get stuff from *Julep* (three hours away) as quickly as this one.  And the labels on the bottom of the bottles have the date on them!  I love that little touch.  I always look at certain other limited edition things and try to remember when I got them.  Sometimes (certain perfume oils) the label indicates that, but other things (pretty much any color cosmetic) does not.

ETA:  I have to say that I normally *hate* red nail polish on me (I feel *phenomenally* awkward on traditional nail polish colors), but this is gorgeous, and the metallic finish makes it not feel like an expected color, so I might actually feel comfortable wearing it.  I'll be wearing champagne toast tomorrow, but I might end up going for holly berry this weekend!  It's also going to make a great winter pedicure color once I finally get around to getting one.  (Also, it seems like the only pictures up on Instagram for this company are *from* this company or someone affiliated with them -- except for my one back-of-the-bottle shot.  I feel weird about that.)

Oh, wow, champagne toast looks almost *silver* on me.  I have a serious silver nail polish obsession.  I have no problem throwing down the funds for Deborah Lippmann or butter London if I like the color, so this one alone is worth the $15 that the box cost, at least to me.  *So* happy with this one!

(I just realized our annual holiday luncheon with bank higher-ups is Thursday.  I'll wear the red then.  They don't know I usually wear not-exactly-office-appropriate colors, so I might as well keep them in the dark one more year since I have this gorgeous polish that needs to be worn for a special-ish occasion!)

ETA:  The more I look at this polish, the more I love it!  In the bottle, it looks like a very lovely champagne gold, but I'm starting to see a bit of a pinkish cast to it, too, almost like...  pink champagne!  I was thinking it was similar to Julep's Sienna, which was the first gold I could wear because of how cool it was, but this one is even cooler.  They are *completely* different.  This is my new favorite gold.  I could (and probably will) wear this with everything I own.  I can't get the picture to show up in this post, but here is the photo on Instagram (and I am *clearly* not a nail blogger, so apologies in advance for uneven nail lengths and an overall messy mani, but I just *had* to get the picture taken before my kitties realized I had freshly-painted nails.  I took and posted the photo with my phone, I couldn't see all of the problems around the edges until I just looked at the triple-the-actual-size photo on my laptop!).

I've got some more thoughts on this subscription (specifically comparing them to Julep and why I think that this will be my preferred nail polish sub), but I think I need to work on them before I post, and they will most likely just end up in my blog once I get everything laid out (and some more swatching done because I think I need to have swatches of *all* of them instead of just this one before I make that post).  *So* glad I went for it!

Gorgeous colors! Does anyone know when the cut off date for the December boxes was?

I just did a quick swatch of all three on one nail. The formula is very smooth and dries pretty quick. The colours are so pretty! Even the purple and I normally don't like purple. I'm so pleased I signed up at the discounted price. :)

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So what is the promo code that expires on the 8th? 
No promo code. It's a flat rate of $14.99 right now and after the 8th it'll be $21.

Back