Has your partner ever cried in front of you? ? ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken has cried a few times in front of me. I only can remember a few of them though.

Once was when a family member died. The other was on our wedding day because I was crying. (it was POURING in the morning and we were being married outside - I was so upset) But the sun came out long enough to take some pictures and for us to get married. Then it poured and poured and poured some more! I think he's cried at least one other time when I was crying. He doesn't like to see me upset.

My husband got a little misty eyed at our wedding, but I've only seen him really cry once. It was when we were still dating and his younger brother was in a long boarding accident and was in a coma! The Dr.'s were pretty sure he was going to die or have permanant brain damage! It's been about three years and his brother is alive and well now! I think it brought us closer because I tried to do everything I could to support him and be there for him. I would bring food over to him and try to comfort him. I knew in my heart that his brother would recover fully and we prayed alot together. So, I think my faith helped him through it!!

He cried in front of me when i told him I was gonna break up with him.. that was only 2 weeks into knowing him? I wanted to laugh but i didnt..lol

My husband will occasionally tear up during a sad moving... Rudy most of all. LOL But a real cry, only twice... when he realized his mom wasn't ever coming back from a coma she was in, and life support was going to be pulled eventually. The other time when our daughter was diagnosed with a metabolic disorder, and we weren't sure if she was going to live through the night.

My husband has cried in front of me on a few occasions. When we first decided to get married we were just going to go to the courthouse and his Mom was so mean to him it made him cry.
sleepyhead.gif

He cried when his Grandpa got sick and later when Grandpa passed on. The birth of both of our children and just a few weeks ago at a family members funeral.

I think that it does make a relationship stronger. Men are such confusing creatures to begin with but knowing that my big strong man has a tender heart makes me love him even more.

Nope ... typical man, never cries....

However, I've cried many a time in front of him
wink.gif

sure. but we're comortable w/ eachother like that. it never happened w/ the others. so i took it as a good thing.

You know, I just remembered, hubby said the only movie he's ever cried at is "The Color Purple." (I've never seen it.) Maybe we need to rent it someday so I can see him cry
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek You know, I just remembered, hubby said the only movie he's ever cried at is "The Color Purple." (I've never seen it.) Maybe we need to rent it someday so I can see him cry
icon_twisted.gif
Hahaha, Jen, I love the devil smiley!!! You are so "evil" LOL!

Angela has cried in front of me once. Her ex husband was coming to bring her some of her stuff, and I guess it was just too much for her, so she goes running up the stairs, doing that little sob thing that women do. I'm standing there confused, cause I 've never had to deal with a crying female , and besides, I didn't know if it was my fault. Heather looks at me, and says "Get up there!". All I could think of to reply was "get up there?" Heather looked like she wanted to knock the holy living hell outta me. So I go running up the stairs, knock on her door, and I get "Go away!". Now at first, I was actually going to, but something in my mind said "Hey! Don't you do that!" She's never seen me cry though.

John's only cried in front of me once, and it's because he didn't know what I expected/wanted from him when he first moved in with me back in GA. It was a shock to say the least! I know he cried one other time, but I didn't see it. I came home afterwards...

I haven't truly ever seen him cry. He's only gotten kinda teary but no real tears flowing or anything. I know that he has cried, but not with me there. I guess its a guy thing like Jennifer said.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 I haven't truly ever seen him cry. He's only gotten kinda teary but no real tears flowing or anything. I know that he has cried, but not with me there. I guess its a guy thing like Jennifer said. i dont rekon its a guy thing, i rekon its different parts of the world, i know a few guys who have cryd, hehe it makes them human.

I have seen my boyfriend cry twice and it made me love him sooo much more. both times he was a bit tipsy and we both were in a very emotional "I love you so much, I can´t live without you"-mood. So we were declaring our love for each other and he had tears running down his face. AWWW!!!!!!!

of course I cried too, I just can´t remember if I cried first or if he did
kopfkratz.gif

oh and he cried when I made him watch "The Notebook" with me, we both cried like little girls. the story in the book kinda reminded us of our story since they were apart for so many years too. to this day I refuse to watch that damn movie again. it´s just too sad!!!!

Oh Yeah. Personally, I would find it hard to become really involved with a man whom I never saw cry. Like when Ben Affleck was bawling his eyes out in Pearl Harbor..ok. But seriously, I like/need emotional, down-to-earth men. Not breaking down every two minutes..but..hey, I'm a strong girl..I can take it.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Yes, he has many times. Nothing at all wrong with a sentimental man! Hell no. I'll take two. Sorry. Off topic.

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Oh Yeah. Personally, I would find it hard to become really involved with a man whom I never saw cry I totally agree. I think growing up I always told my mom "I´d never marry a man who doesn´t cry when he sees me walking down the aisle" or something like that
laughing.gif

Tim has cried in front of me when we were fighting and I thought it would be in our best interest to separate.(we are doing a long-distance relationship) Thank goodness we did not separate and infact it made us 100% stronger.

Never. Not even when my sister died and she was his best friend. I know he has cried in private about it but not in front of me.

Honestly it makes me sort of sad that he can't share that part of himself with me. He can talk about things but just won't cry.

Strangely enough I have always admired men who can show their emotions.

Back