Has your partner ever cried in front of you? ? ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Andi I have seen my boyfriend cry twice and it made me love him sooo much more. both times he was a bit tipsy and we both were in a very emotional "I love you so much, I can´t live without you"-mood. So we were declaring our love for each other and he had tears running down his face. AWWW!!!!!!!of course I cried too, I just can´t remember if I cried first or if he did
kopfkratz.gif

awwwww....... I know what that feels like!

Originally Posted by Andi to this day I refuse to watch that damn movie again. it´s just too sad!!!! me, too! every time i hold it in my hands, i'm like, am i in the mood to cry? LOL
this is a cute thread...

my boyfriend's never cried. we haven't been together long, but i'm sure it'll come. i can't wait LOL

I have seen my boyfriend cry once, our relationship was long distance for awhile and we were having trouble dealing with it, I said maybe we should have a break and he cried he said he couldn't bear the thought of losing me, it was soo beautiful, it made me realise how much he loves me and because he was crying, it made me cry. Aww I'm getting teary thinking of it lol I'm so lame lol

Originally Posted by Andi oh and he cried when I made him watch "The Notebook" with me, we both cried like little girls. the story in the book kinda reminded us of our story since they were apart for so many years too. to this day I refuse to watch that damn movie again. it´s just too sad!!!!

That movie is a definate tear jerker, I have seen it a couple times and every time I watch it I bawl my eyes out..it's soooo beautiful!

yes i have seen him cry..he would cry after he hurt my feelings but porbbaly only once or twice...

or he did once when he wrecked his car and got banged up very bad. it was awful and he could have killed himself or someone esle and he was angry at himself for his mistake. He was hurt so badly in chest area that he wound up passing out and had to be hositalized.

he gets emotional and tho it stresses me out i wouldn't have him any other way. i am not a big fan of stoics...a man who doesn't cry at least once over something seems to lack a heart not add to his masculinity in my eyes.

Originally Posted by Bec688 I have seen my boyfriend cry once, our relationship was long distance for awhile and we were having trouble dealing with it, I said maybe we should have a break and he cried he said he couldn't bear the thought of losing me, it was soo beautiful, it made me realise how much he loves me and because he was crying, it made me cry. Aww I'm getting teary thinking of it lol I'm so lame lol aww you´re not lame at all. I´m in a long distance relationship as well so I can really relate. what a beautiful story!!!! I just hope me and my bf never get to the point where we have real issues while being apart, that would really suck!

Yes, once. It was after a terrible fight,during which I'd told him I was going to go live at my parents. The odd thing was that, we had sort of just "made up"--I'd said I would"stick out" the marraige, that I still loved him--but he suddenly slumped down on the couch and began to cry into his half closed hands. I was sorrt of alarmed; in 8 years,I'd never once seen him near crying.

What is it, what's wrong,I kept saying, and he finally choked out that he couldn't believe how close he'd just come to"losing me forever."My husband is normally an ultra logical man,almost painfully so, so this statement was incredibly dramatic. We hadn't even talked of a divorce!"You were going to go to your parents and never come back!"he said, sobbing. I tried to hold him, but he didn't want to be held,and I couldn't break through to him:he was estranged,lost to me in his own impenetrable world of near loss.

Yes. I dont think him crying had any effect on our relationship other than him feeling more comfortable to express himself in front of me. I cant even remember the reason why he cried though now that I think about it.

No. I'm not sure if he knows how to feel anything other than "happy"... Kidding! No, I don't think he's ever really cried, at least not in front of me.

Yes. We've been together for almost eleven years, now, so I've seen him cry a few times. I like seeing him cry. He doesn't like seeing me cry, though, because he's witnessed it way too many times. (Especially during the first couple of years after we lost our two sons.)

The first time I ever saw him cry was after I caught him cheating on me. Then he cried again when I almost left him. Then I saw him cry another time when his stepfather and mother got into a bad fight (his mother means the world to him).

I don't know if it made us stronger, but it made me realize he regretted what he did to me.

Yes, many times.... We lived apart for 2 years (me in Brazil, he in Canada), and after each visit, when we had to take the other to the airport, we cried rivers. LOL. We also cried together when we got engaged, or when we were on the phone missing each other.... LOL. I don't see that as a weakness. We are very comfortable with each other and crying is part of life, and part of the relationship.

Cris's has cried twice in front of me. Once when our dog Miso died and the second was when my mom died. I was trying to be strong and he was letting it pour. It made us stronger because it showed that the way he treated my mom was out of love and not just toleration. He had respect for her and that made me respect him so much more.

Originally Posted by Kimberleylotr If so what was it about? Do you think it made your relationship stronger? What are your thorts? we cried in front of each other many times. sometimes when figthing, sometimes when parting and knowing it will be a while till we see each other. It definitely made our relationship stronger, cause we feel much closer to each other now, and we know we can be ourselves and wont be judged.

Originally Posted by Kimberleylotr i dont rekon its a guy thing, i rekon its different parts of the world, i know a few guys who have cryd, hehe it makes them human. I don't think it is a guy thing either. It's personality. I know many girls that cry very rarely or never.

Originally Posted by Andi oh and he cried when I made him watch "The Notebook" with me, we both cried like little girls. the story in the book kinda reminded us of our story since they were apart for so many years too. to this day I refuse to watch that damn movie again. it´s just too sad!!!! hehe, we both cried "like little girls" when we watched About Schmidt
biggrin.gif

I saw my husband cry when we found out his mom had cancer, and again when she passed away two months ago. It rips my heart out to see him cry, b/c he's such a "guy's guy" type of person, and crying is just something he doesn't do.

Originally Posted by Heather12801 I saw my husband cry when we found out his mom had cancer, and again when she passed away two months ago. It rips my heart out to see him cry, b/c he's such a "guy's guy" type of person, and crying is just something he doesn't do. i'm sorry to hear about your MIL
frown.gif

last night was the first time i heard my boyfriend cry. we were on the phone and got into a huge fight and of course i was upset he was upset, but i also feel much closer to him now.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm sorry to hear about your MIL
frown.gif

last night was the first time i heard my boyfriend cry. we were on the phone and got into a huge fight and of course i was upset he was upset, but i also feel much closer to him now.

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend. I hope you guys are okay now! It's weird how seeing your husband/boyfriend cry makes you feel closer to them. It's like they're letting you in to this small part of their world that no one else is allowed to see.

Originally Posted by Heather12801 Thanks, Jennifer. I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend. I hope you guys are okay now! It's weird how seeing your husband/boyfriend cry makes you feel closer to them. It's like they're letting you in to this small part of their world that no one else is allowed to see. thanks. we're okay
smile.gif
i agree about that! i think that's what it is.

i did i think once, i was so mad and punched him in the face really hard and he cried because he wanted to hit me back so bad but he will never.

Back