Allure Beauty Box July, 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry if this double posts. I just wrote a response but it disappeared. 

There is apperantly no one generic answer for this question. "it is not the same for everyone and it is not the same every month" is the answer I just got from a CS rep via live chat. I only got this much out of her, by insisting there must be some kind of answer she could give me without knowing a specific account. She said you would have to call or live chat and she would have to look up your specific account info to give any further info. 

I too, was only charged by beauty bar monthly. I only switched over to allure when I went to a yearly sub. I was going to switch back to monthly when my year ran out, but honestly this answer makes me want to cancel. 
FWIW, I've had absolutely awful experiences with the CS via live chat, but when I called the 800 number on the website, I had the answer I was looking for in less than a minute.  I don't know why there is such a a huge discrepancy, but it might be worth trying!

I was charged. I hope there are no silly delays this month because of the 4th of July holiday. 

So this is a good box... but is anyone else annoyed they are sending another Smashbox primer? They sent us one in Dec (or around there).

So this is a good box... but is anyone else annoyed they are sending another Smashbox primer? They sent us one in Dec (or around there).
No!  I love the smashbox primer.  I usually do not wear makeup in the summer, maybe mascara and lip balm.  I use on my T zone in the summer  and it works great.  It is 9 bucks on ebay so everything else is a bonus to me.

Kinda disappointed that none of these products are cruelty-free. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only thing that I might use is the Estee Lauder product. I already used up a full-size jar of the Glamglow Supermud and unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

La Mer is a joke of a brand, and I'll most likely just throw that cream in the trash. La Mer charges $160 for that cream, when it's practically the exact same thing as the $8 moisturizer from Nivea. They share almost the same exact ingredients and formula, which is not that great for skincare to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I am going to get to try another color of the Clinique lip color balm. Yay. I am excited about that.  I don't remember which glam glow I had an allergic reaction to, so I give those away.  I will give everything else in the box a try.  

Kinda disappointed that none of these products are cruelty-free. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only thing that I might use is the Estee Lauder product. I already used up a full-size jar of the Glamglow Supermud and unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

La Mer is a joke of a brand, and I'll most likely just throw that cream in the trash. La Mer charges $160 for that cream, when it's practically the exact same thing as the $8 moisturizer from Nivea. They share almost the same exact ingredients and formula, which is not that great for skincare to begin with.
If you want cruelty free, I've been looking at the

Benevolent beauty box.  Have not pulled the trigger yet, but the products look nice.

I am super excited about the Glamglow, that is one of my favorites, and I'll give the Estee Lauder a whirl.
I am also fresh out of my last little tube of smashbox primer, so I am also happy about that.
Meh on the La Mer and Clinique, though.

Anybody got ay news regarding shipping? My card was charged at the end of June, no info since then... 
I haven't gotten a shipping notice, but I haven't heard anything about the box being late either. Since it is already the 10th, I am just going to guess that it would arrive sometime this week. I am not sure about others, but there have been a couple of months that I got my allure shipping notice on the same day the box arrived at the local post office. 

Every time someone mentions La Mer I think of that Jennifer Aniston movie, where she kept stealing samples.  I just looked it up and you're right,  it is basically German Nivea with seaweed added. 

Just a heads-up for anyone that was/is a customer through Beauty Bar. Given the whole Allure beauty box website fiasco, I was trying to be patient because my bank account as of today (7/13) had not been charged. I called CS since the system finally seems to be working. Don't ya know - my information seems to have disappeared even though I've been a customer for 2 years. I told the CS that, as a customer, I should not have to worry about my account info getting transferred. To which, she wholeheartedly agreed and apologized for the entire mess. My account has now been transferred to Allure and I should (keep your fingers crossed) get the August Box.

All to say that I will NOT be getting a July box which doesn't really bother me. I was most interested in the La Mer as the other products didn't do much for me. Sigh...given this is the first big problem I've had with any sub boxes (Birchbox, ipsy, Allure, Boxycharm), I'm still willing to give Allure another chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. That has happened with my allure box a couple of times. I got my shipping email today and based on the tracking info, I think I will get mine tomorrow.
This was the first time I received the box before getting my tracking number. I like to know when it's going to arrive because it's so hot here, I don't like it baking in my mailbox all day.

I hope you get your box tomorrow

Back