Allure Beauty Box July, 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't want to have to drive to Nordstrom, my closest would be either in Nashville or Atlanta.  And Nordstrom Rack does not have a beauty counter.  But if it is a sample size I will live without not getting it, but if it is full size, I might would make the trek to "HotLanta" or Nashville.

I'm at Nordstrom. But the one guy working the BB counter is helping someone who's spending money (and taking forever) so I guess I don't get priority since I am just here for a free sample.

Ok here it is:

image.jpeg

They will want to color match you. It's sample size: .06 oz

It's normally $50 for the compact, the refills (cushion foundation) are $35.

Here's another pic of the actual sample and sponge applicator:image.jpeg

The sales guy applied mine with a brush which is way easier than using that tiny little sponge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't want to have to drive to Nordstrom, my closest would be either in Nashville or Atlanta.  And Nordstrom Rack does not have a beauty counter.  But if it is a sample size I will live without not getting it, but if it is full size, I might would make the trek to "HotLanta" or Nashville.
Just give CS a call letting them know you don't have a Nordstrom's in your city, and they will offer you a replacement. I got another mask instead. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(But skip the email..I never got a reply to the one about the bronzer last month, nor the one I sent about this..but a quick phone call and I got two replacements with no hassle.)

Isn't the Smashbox primer supposed to mattefy? I wore it to work and was still super shiny by lunchtime. Doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the DDF serum/primer a few months ago.

The mud mask is nice. My three year old is high maintenance and has claimed the tiny La Mer as her own.

Did anyone else notice the back page of the mini mag says to go to the Bobbi Brown counter to complete the box with a foundation compact? Anyone know if it's a full size or sample size?

I don;'t sub to this box, been perusing to maybe trial, but I can answer - yes the Smashbox goes matte, usually within 20 seconds. I got it in a trial at Birchbox and loved it so much, it's my go-to.  With a brush, after I apply all over, my skin looks fresh, clean and non-oily in definitely under 30 seconds.

The only time it doesn't work is if my face is super dirty so it has nothing to cling to, extra oily for that day (because it's too much for it to handle) or I apply when I'm wet/damp from sweat or shower.  It's a bit more of a gel than liquid makeup, so it has to be spread a bit more, but I've found it lasts until I take it off and "holds" my makeup in place like no other.

I hate to complain, but was anyone else disappointed in the size of the Glam Glow sample?  It looked like a good size (2-3 uses), but once I opened it up, there was barely enough for one full-face application.  The little tube seemed to be half empty; if it hadn't had the foil in place, I would have thought it had already been used!

Back