Allure Beauty Box July, 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipping notice yesterday, but according to the tracking, the box shipped on the 7th and has been in the same spot since the 9th.  I put in a request with my local PO (they're quite awful and I give them very little leeway) to find out why it isn't moving.  Has anyone had this happen before?

I got my tracking yesterday. It's already at my post office this morning. I hope it'll go out for delivery today.

mine is being delivered today- didn't received anything from Allure about it shipping, but I did chat with their CS to make sure I was getting one (my annual auto renewed end of June). I get USPS tracking and know it is Allure because it goes from IL to Las Vegas and then to CA :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my shipping notice yesterday, but according to the tracking, the box shipped on the 7th and has been in the same spot since the 9th.  I put in a request with my local PO (they're quite awful and I give them very little leeway) to find out why it isn't moving.  Has anyone had this happen before?
Yes. I have had packages sit in one location for a couple days and then all the sudden they are in my local post office. In those cases, I don't know if it was actually delayed or if the package just didn't scan properly at it's last movement. 

Dang looks like my box didn't make it out with the post man today. I'll get it Monday. I hope it doesn't melt.

Got the shipping notification yesterday and as if the box was sent July 9, but it has been sitting in one location since then. Not expecting to receive the box this week. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I spoke too soon!

IMG_1524.JPG

A couple of these items are repeats for me. And that La Mer is TINY!!!

Ok, it is actually sitting in the warehouse. So they haven't shipped the box and as usual more help by phone than via chat.

Why on earth to send the tracking number if the box is still in the warehouse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise, surprise..

I got the box today and that means that they have no idea where the boxes are.

I will use everything except for the primer. I still have the same sample from the previous box. I will def use Clinique stick, I like the easy application. Got into this type of lip color after nars duo from Sephora.

The sample are tiny but still a decent box.

Isn't the Smashbox primer supposed to mattefy? I wore it to work and was still super shiny by lunchtime. Doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the DDF serum/primer a few months ago.

The mud mask is nice. My three year old is high maintenance and has claimed the tiny La Mer as her own.

Did anyone else notice the back page of the mini mag says to go to the Bobbi Brown counter to complete the box with a foundation compact? Anyone know if it's a full size or sample size?

Isn't the Smashbox primer supposed to mattefy? I wore it to work and was still super shiny by lunchtime. Doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the DDF serum/primer a few months ago.

The mud mask is nice. My three year old is high maintenance and has claimed the tiny La Mer as her own.

Did anyone else notice the back page of the mini mag says to go to the Bobbi Brown counter to complete the box with a foundation compact? Anyone know if it's a full size or sample size?
That is too stinkin' cute! :wub:

(and really, I'm guessing she's the right size given the tiny size ofit! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

I'm curious about the Bobbi brown item too, I would guess it's a sample size, too good to be true if it was full size.

I'm curious about the Bobbi brown item too, I would guess it's a sample size, too good to be true if it was full size.
I just realized I have to drive 80+ miles to get to Nordstrom's. I sent out an email asking about alternatives, do they not realize some folks subscribe to these things for this very reason? (they live nowhere near civilization and want to be sure the products they buy are things they want since returns are generally not possible once back home..)

I'm really intrigued about the Bobbi Brown item. Interesting. Can't wait to get my box.

My box arrived yesterday and aside from the sizes being a little smaller than I hoped, I'm really happy with it!  
I know there was a discussion earlier about the Le Mer being similar to the Nivea cream in the blue jar... has anyone tried both who can speak to the similarity?  I like the Le Mer a lot but it's a bit out of my med student budget :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sort of OT but this thread got me to thinking about when the next Beauty Thrills is due (apparently August).  Anyway, when I went to the site it appears that you can STILL buy the last box.  I didn't want to fully test it though because I didn't want to enter my CC # etc.    Would really be amazing if the box really was still up for sale at this point...shows it was not a big hit!

Sort of OT but this thread got me to thinking about when the next Beauty Thrills is due (apparently August).  Anyway, when I went to the site it appears that you can STILL buy the last box.  I didn't want to fully test it though because I didn't want to enter my CC # etc.    Would really be amazing if the box really was still up for sale at this point...shows it was not a big hit!
There is a separate thread for Allure Beauty Thrills discussion.

Here is an example of the most recent thread: Allure Beauty Thrills May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Back