Allure Holiday Beauty Box!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous! I couldn't justify it with Christmas coming up and the fact that I'm still using stuff from the fall box! What a great box though.

Great box! how fun! I don't know why on earth I didn't buy one?!!!!

How often do they do these boxes? Any idea when the next one will be?

Thanks! Enjoy your haul!

Originally Posted by ngardner8503 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today too here is a pic

Mine's due next Friday. I'm looking forward to trying out the ROC and the Neutrogena Repair thingie. For some reason, I have a hard time buying certain drugstore moisturizers because they seem so overpriced that I end up spending a little more on high end stuff instead. So this is a great way to try them without feeling like I have to justify the cost. If it ends up working, then I'll feel better about shelling out full retail. It works out well, because there's only 2-3 items I'm interested in, and the rest I can split between my mom and sister.

Mine's due next Friday. I'm looking forward to trying out the ROC and the Neutrogena Repair thingie. For some reason, I have a hard time buying certain drugstore moisturizers because they seem so overpriced that I end up spending a little more on high end stuff instead. So this is a great way to try them without feeling like I have to justify the cost. If it ends up working, then I'll feel better about shelling out full retail. It works out well, because there's only 2-3 items I'm interested in, and the rest I can split between my mom and sister.
Yes, this is how I feel about most drugstore products! If I see a hairspray that is drugstore brand and its 14.99 or whatever the price is, and the expensive brand is only 20, it doesn't feel like I am saving enough to justify the cheaper purchase. If the prices are vastly differen than I don't have this issue, but a lot of drugstore stuff isn't that cheap. Especially nail polish. 6.99 for some off brand when I can get an opi for 7-8 no thanks, I'll take a brand I know and trust the formula of :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, this is how I feel about most drugstore products! If I see a hairspray that is drugstore brand and its 14.99 or whatever the price is, and the expensive brand is only 20, it doesn't feel like I am saving enough to justify the cheaper purchase. If the prices are vastly differen than I don't have this issue, but a lot of drugstore stuff isn't that cheap. Especially nail polish. 6.99 for some off brand when I can get an opi for 7-8 no thanks, I'll take a brand I know and trust the formula of :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My sentiments exactly! It doesn't seem like savings, to only pay a few dollars more. Definitely agree about moisturizers... Drugstore products can have some surprisingly not-so-cheap price tags.

I got my box on Thursday and I loooove it!! Lots of fun stuff to try! How often does Allure sell their beauty boxes?

Mine should be here sometime next week- possibly Tues.  I'm oddly excited about the makeup items.  I am just discovering drugstore makeup, and it's kind of exciting.

I got my box on Thursday and I loooove it!! Lots of fun stuff to try! How often does Allure sell their beauty boxes?
Generally they have summer, fall and holiday I am thankful for makeuptalk, I missed the first two after I was made aware of them. Haven't missed one since, and looove all of the products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> is am lucky to be blonde and brunette (or one or the other depending on my mood every 8 weeks when I go to the salon) so I never feel the annoyance that some of e people have about the hair color specific products. It has introed me to all sorts of stuff! I especially loved the pureology platinum spray:)

Originally Posted by ngardner8503 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today too here is a pic

This looks great. I'm still using products from the summer box, so I had to pass on this one.

I thought they had 4 a year, but I've only gotten the last two (that was when I first heard about them). I plan on getting every single one now, they're totally worth the price:)

Yes, I agree! They are a great value! This is the first box I have heard of and I'm excited to see the future boxes!

The only thing I wanted in the Winter box was the C. Booth shea butter. That's a huge jar!!

Well, got my December KlutchClub box this week and the same huge jar is in my box. Yay. I don't buy the Allure  boxes because I do not have any use for any of the hair products. I have to use a higher quality shampoo, conditioner and shine gloss because my hair is professionally colored. I've never had a frizzy hair on my head and I definitely am not a blonde.

I'm also nowhere near blonde, but just wanted to point out that the John Frieda Sheer Blonde hairspray is colorless. It might've been designed to work better for blondes,  but anyone can use it. That said, I've had other hairsprays that perform way better, so I can't recommend it. But I definitely didn't mind that it was in there. The products I'm most excited about trying are the ROC and Neutrogena moisturizers, but I'm still waiting to finish my current one. I'd be pleased if they never send another hairspray again, but I'll probably still purchase a box. Great deal for full size products.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also nowhere near blonde, but just wanted to point out that the John Frieda Sheer Blonde hairspray is colorless. It might've been designed to work better for blondes,  but anyone can use it. That said, I've had other hairsprays that perform way better, so I can't recommend it. But I definitely didn't mind that it was in there. The products I'm most excited about trying are the ROC and Neutrogena moisturizers, but I'm still waiting to finish my current one. I'd be pleased if they never send another hairspray again, but I'll probably still purchase a box. Great deal for full size products.
I'm glad you like it. What I was trying to convey was that I don't use ANY hairsprays or frizz- taming products as my hair is long, straight, thick and glossy. I don't need any styling products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Almost half of the box was hair styling products.

It's been cold and rainy here, and last night before their bedtime, I treated my 3 little Maltese to paw pad massages with the shea butter from C. Booth. They loved it.. two of them went to sleep while I was gently rubbing it in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The ROC and Neutrogena products were probably almost worth the cost of the box minus shipping, and I really do love the shea butter from Freeman Beauty.

Yes, definitely a lot of hair products! A moratorium on hair products would be just fine with me. I use them so rarely that they basically last forever, or until I end up getting real and throwing them out. I'd be happy with more skincare stuff.

I have a boxer, and I'm going to try the body butter on his rougher paws. He'll probably try to lick it off!

Back