Beauty Army: June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oooh - i hope the hair chalk is left for the end of this month! id love to try that - haha. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I just picked up a box after a 3 month break, love it to death!!  

I would never buy magenta hair product but am excited to try it!!  I'll probably tip the edges of my jet black hair with it, a jagged inch of fuchsia on the bottom of black.  

On a totally unrelated note... the allergy is killing me have taken Zyrtec... The right side of my face is in complete mutiny... I want to lop it off!  
The eye is teary, the gum's tender, the orbital area hurts... this damn pulsating, gnawing pain. 
banghead.gif
    Just the right side though... the left's an angel.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

after a hiatus from beauty army, i also chose a box this month. its been a while since i have been excited about a beauty army box!

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4776-0007-0002-150x150.jpg
4725-0102-0011-150x150.jpg
4780-0103-0002-150x150.jpg

How do you get the kit pictures to show up so perfectly??

I have an apple and I take a snap shot of the final screen after I make my selections, dragging a box around the desired area with the keystroke combination of: command+shift+4

It looks like you have 6 separate image files you can also drag them next to each other then center-justify the group :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

That's a nice box!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I have an extension on my Chrome browser that allows me to take a screenshot, it has options to screen shot a select area so I don't have to capture the whole page and crop in a different program. It just screen shots what I want and I can save it and upload :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

what i do is pin mine on pinterest! after my selection window i click the pin it button and than save the image to my computer and post it here :]

I'm so happy! This morning I checked the selection and I got everything I wanted in one kit! The gold eyeliner, mascara,teen tone cheek tint, lotion, olive oil soap and the gel polish! I wanted a gel polish anyways so this is perfect.

I've refreshed about a million times in the last 2 days. I have only seen the black eyeliner come up once or twice, same thing with the face primer.  I usually have better luck waiting til the weekend to pick my samples anyway since most people are sleeping in while I'm up early refreshing like a crazy person lol.

I really want to see people pics of the hair chalk and lip glosses when they come!

Here's a picture of my kit that I got! I wish I could have gotten the lipgloss instead of the lotion, but there was just no way to get it to appear, for me it was either the lipgloss or the eyeliner, they kept appearing the same slot.

The Mark Mascara is $6.50, the Gel Liner is $4.50 with the discount, NaiLuv Polish is $15, and the Teen Tone is $17.  I feel like if you're patient and play around with the profile you can definitely get your money's worth out of it.

Nothing new or interesting came up for me, skipping my 3rd month in a row.  There were 1 or 2 samples I wanted to try, but everything else was not great or I already have. 

I just spent 34 minutes refreshing...sigh.  All 6 samples I want are there, the different shades/variations I want just wont come up together.

There is some new Indie Lee samples today. A few different facial oils and I swear I saw a cleanser but then I couldnt get it to come up again.  They were .25 oz glass jars.

Really happy with my kit this month.  I skipped the last few months because I was only getting one or two samples I liked.  After much refreshing this morning I scored just about everything I wanted.  I'm most excited about the Indie Lee, gel liner, pink hair shadow and gel polish (getting the pink hair shadow with the green liner is what took so long, but I was determined!).

I got my kit today, but there were a few problems. They send me the wrong product (Own eye cream instead of the Coverfx primer), and the cap on my gel eyeliner was off in the box, so it dried out a bit already. Very careless errors. 

Finally got everything I wanted to come up together.  I would've liked to get the drunk dial peach lip gloss but I couldnt get any lip glosses to come up along with the hair chalk and eye liner (I think maybe the hair shadow was categorized as a makeup item?)  I'm curious about the Lift Lab since the full size is $130.

Nice Box!

I wanted that same exact lip gloss and had the same problem. For me it was either the lipgloss and mascara, or the gel eyeliner and mascara. I could never get all three to show up at once! I'm hoping they still have the lipgloss next month and I'll try to get it then.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got everything I wanted to come up together.  I would've liked to get the drunk dial peach lip gloss but I couldnt get any lip glosses to come up along with the hair chalk and eye liner (I think maybe the hair shadow was categorized as a makeup item?)  I'm curious about the Lift Lab since the full size is $130.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice Box!

I wanted that same exact lip gloss and had the same problem. For me it was either the lipgloss and mascara, or the gel eyeliner and mascara. I could never get all three to show up at once! I'm hoping they still have the lipgloss next month and I'll try to get it then.
I think the gloss an liner are toggle items, so you get one or the other in your window.  They probably have so much mascara left over from their anniversary promo that they aren't bothering putting it on a toggle with the big-ticket makeup items.  

In semi-related news, I was *sure* that there would be a bunch of things I would be interested in this month since I've skipped for a few months and would really like to get a box this month, but the only thing that looks remotely appealing even after dozens of refreshes and several rounds of profile-tweaking is the gold gel liner (I'm trying to move away from purples and turquoises since I have plenty in my collection already) -- and I just got the gold Soft Touch eyeshadow from the essence Sun-Kissed collection last week, so that will take care of my gold needs since I don't wear it very often.  I'll give this one more day just in case they add something good tomorrow, but as it currently stands, I'll be skipping.  This makes me sad, but that's just the way it goes.

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really happy with my kit this month.  I skipped the last few months because I was only getting one or two samples I liked.  After much refreshing this morning I scored just about everything I wanted.  I'm most excited about the Indie Lee, gel liner, pink hair shadow and gel polish (getting the pink hair shadow with the green liner is what took so long, but I was determined!).

Oooooh!  Yours is like my perfect box!!! Man I wish I would have realized I could keep messing around & redoing the profile to get different options when I did it (I thought the 9 to pick from was it, until next month!)  Is it possible to get the gel liner in chaos in another month (by playing around w/ the quiz?) sorry, I'm totally new to beauty army and don't know how it compares to other subs yet.  my first box should arrive in week or so I think... I'm getting:

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo (I'll probably just swap this later, but didn't see any other samples I wanted)

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out)

Cotz face for nature skin tone (SPF 40)

Nailuv gel polish (berry sweetie)

mini kittour 100 ml travel bottle

Colorsmash hair shadow (gold rush)

or I could use the 70% off code to buy a chaos liner too.... hrrmmmm, decisions, decisions!
biggrin.gif

Back