Beauty Army: June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked out this months goodies!
I'm actually a bit excited about the Egyptian magic cream. I forgot what I was reading but I remember seeing an article with Kate Hudson who says her fave beauty secret is using hat cream in her hair!! I'm definitely interested in trying that out and seeing what happens. I'm excited about the colorsmash but curious about how it will show up in my hair

Originally Posted by Adorkibul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today - the Walk of Shame Lip Gloss is freaking bright red! Def wont be wearing that...I can't pull off a red lip. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Tone it down by mixing it with a pale pink.

Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked out this months goodies!

I'm actually a bit excited about the Egyptian magic cream. I forgot what I was reading but I remember seeing an article with Kate Hudson who says her fave beauty secret is using hat cream in her hair!! I'm definitely interested in trying that out and seeing what happens. I'm excited about the colorsmash but curious about how it will show up in my hair
Ack! I've been trying to get that eyeliner for days and days.. What combination did you use?

Ack! I've been trying to get that eyeliner for days and days.. What combination did you use?
I've been trying to figure out a combo on my second acct and I've gotten pretty much every color but that one! I'm going to keep trying and ill PM you if I have any success

Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been trying to figure out a combo on my second acct and I've gotten pretty much every color but that one! I'm going to keep trying and ill PM you if I have any success
LOL, of course!  I thought maybe it was just gone, because I've ended up with every other color but I've never gotten that one, but now I have renewed hope!  

Well, I ordered my first box since March when I cancelled my sub. I woke up this morning to a $132.00 charge on my account and FREAKED. Apparently when I selected the "month to month" option, they had other plans for me. My account says "annual", which I did NOT select. So... I'm either out $132 and stuck with a years worth of boxes... or they'll *fingers crossed* refund the money and keep me month to month. Not a good start to my weekend... at all. Have you ladies ever had any issues with BA customer service?

I got an email from them about themed mystery kits. They have makeup, hair, bath & body, fragrance, and skincare kits for $12. They promise a $25 value. I guess they are clearing out some old inventory. 

I got an email from them about themed mystery kits. They have makeup, hair, bath & body, fragrance, and skincare kits for $12. They promise a $25 value. I guess they are clearing out some old inventory. 
I got it too. At first I was tempted by the hair kit, but I'm sure it will all be dupes of samples I've already received. I wish they would just list the contents and then I might go for one of them.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it too. At first I was tempted by the hair kit, but I'm sure it will all be dupes of samples I've already received. I wish they would just list the contents and then I might go for one of them.
Same here. If they listed the items, I'd probably get the makeup one.

Looks like some of them are already out of stock, but it sounds like they are not previous samples based on what they said on FB:

seems they're all oos except for the skincare box. oh well. my july selection window is coming up. i'm hoping for new samples selections!

Mine opens Saturday. If there's nothing good, I really should just cancel. I've skipped for several months in a row already due to blah selections.

In case anyone was wondering, the Beauty Army Customer Service is about the best I've ever encountered. They refunded my full $132. I'll definitely keep purchasing from them!!

Back