Beauty Army: June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4780-0103-0002-150x150.jpg

COLORSMASH
Hair Shadow
(Je Ne Sais Quoi)

4182-0075-0003-150x150.png

SKINN COSMETICS
Teen Tone Eye, Cheek, & Lip Glow
4735-0102-0008-150x150.jpg

ADDICTION NV
Gel Liner Pot
(Gold Digger)

4403-0094-0001-150x150.jpg

3931-0086-0001-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBY
Raise Volume Shampoo
4030-0084-0003-150x150.jpg

MARK.
Scanda-Lash Black Mascara

This is my first month doing Beauty Army and I picked the above.  I too tried to get a lip gloss as well, but couldn't.  I don't think they let you get two of the same brand because the only lip glosses or either MARK or Addiction NV.  I wanted to get the gel liner instead of the Addcition NV gloss, so I'm pretty sure that's why.

Has anyone recieved the hair chalk to see how it works? It didn't show up until after I had skipped this month but I want to know if it works!

I bought some of the purple hair chalk last year and didn't have very good luck with it. Despite my two friends and I using at least half the container and spraying the crap out of our hair one night, you could only really see it well on my hair (blonde-ish red) and couldn't see it very well on theirs at all (black, which isn't super surprising, considering it was purple chalk). And when we tried to point it out on mine to other people about an hour and a half later, no one could see it. 

Ok, that's good to know- thanks for sharing that (I have black hair ), now I don't feel so bad not getting purple- maybe the gold will show up better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No problem, and I'd agree, gold is probably a better bet for dark hair. Fingers crossed!

ooo!  The tracking says it's out for delivery!!! maybe it will be here when I get home from work!  excited!!  Granted, it's not like a surprise since I picked out the samples, but they're pretty much ones I want, so yay!

the shipping email cracks me up- "If you are a continental US member, your Kit should report for duty within 24-72 hours."  ha! Cute.

anyone who's used BA for a while- will samples that other people got last time, show up again in the next month (or any month)?  I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the indie lee oil cleanser- I didn't get it as one of my choices (but I also didn't know to go back and keep fiddling with my quiz), so don't know if it's something like the sample selections for a particular month are for that month only, or if they stay around for awhile or what...

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooo!  The tracking says it's out for delivery!!! maybe it will be here when I get home from work!  excited!!  Granted, it's not like a surprise since I picked out the samples, but they're pretty much ones I want, so yay!

the shipping email cracks me up- "If you are a continental US member, your Kit should report for duty within 24-72 hours."  ha! Cute.

anyone who's used BA for a while- will samples that other people got last time, show up again in the next month (or any month)?  I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the indie lee oil cleanser- I didn't get it as one of my choices (but I also didn't know to go back and keep fiddling with my quiz), so don't know if it's something like the sample selections for a particular month are for that month only, or if they stay around for awhile or what...
Ooo yay, mine is too! They say all samples are available for a minimum of 30 days, but most of them are available a lot longer (mark mascara anyone?) and painfully never go away.  The Indie Lee first came out on the 9th or 10th, but I am guessing since there were 3 variations of the oils that they will be around for awhile. 

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo yay, mine is too! They say all samples are available for a minimum of 30 days, but most of them are available a lot longer (mark mascara anyone?) and painfully never go away.  The Indie Lee first came out on the 9th or 10th, but I am guessing since there were 3 variations of the oils that they will be around for awhile. 

Also something to keep in mind, while they do guarantee that an item will be available for 30 days, something people want like Indie Lee may "sell-out" for the day just a few hours after they release it.  So you may want to try selecting your samples as close as you can to when the selection window opens (noon Eastern time!)

Oh and I got my box a few days ago, got the NV eyeliner in Chaos (turquoise/teal) and it is GORGEOUS.  I'll try to upload a pic soon!

Hi everyone! I just joined beauty army and chose my first box of samples earlier today. I've known about beauty army for a while now but never signed up because I have accumulated a huge pile of sample and full-sized products from previous subscription boxes (at one point I realized I never use 80% of the products I receive so while it was fun it also made me sad to see so much go to waste) . In the past few months I've used up, re-purposed, and given away a lot of these products to keep things under control. I wanted to try another beauty related sub (because I just love gifts in the mail
yey.gif
) but was afraid of the same thing happening again so with beauty army at least I get to choose things that I want and will use! Plus it's a great value too.

Here are my picks for June:

Really looking forward to this!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also something to keep in mind, while they do guarantee that an item will be available for 30 days, something people want like Indie Lee may "sell-out" for the day just a few hours after they release it.  So you may want to try selecting your samples as close as you can to when the selection window opens (noon Eastern time!)

Oh and I got my box a few days ago, got the NV eyeliner in Chaos (turquoise/teal) and it is GORGEOUS.  I'll try to upload a pic soon!
good to know about picking samples asap- thanks!

Ok, so odd question- I was just on the site now, playing around adding stuff to my wishlist (no idea if it influences your choices at all or not, but it cant hurt) and I'm just randomly clicking around, getting to know the layout when I look at the account section, my shop- and for june, it's showing my samples as missing one (5 there instead of 6)! The NV gloss is not pictured, but I know I selected it- heck I copied and pasted everything into here to share several days ago.  What gives?  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I guess I will see tonight when I go home if it's in the package or not- did they run out or something? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

good to know about picking samples asap- thanks!

Ok, so odd question- I was just on the site now, playing around adding stuff to my wishlist (no idea if it influences your choices at all or not, but it cant hurt) and I'm just randomly clicking around, getting to know the layout when I look at the account section, my shop- and for june, it's showing my samples as missing one (5 there instead of 6)! The NV gloss is not pictured, but I know I selected it- heck I copied and pasted everything into here to share several days ago.  What gives?  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I guess I will see tonight when I go home if it's in the package or not- did they run out or something? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh that is weird!   I'm not sure, actually.  It should definitely be in your package, and if not, email Customer Service or reach out to them on Facebook.  They have amazing CS!  And I'm crossing my fingers that it is in your box!

yay, false alarm! even though it doesn't show the gloss online at all- it's definitely in my box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  YAY!!  Were the NV comestics a one time only thing?- I couldn't find the brand listed on BA's website...

also, their boxes are super nice! way sturdy and cute- the pink camo inside is a very nice touch! They're really well made- I will def. be keeping these boxes to organize my makeup.
biggrin.gif

yay, false alarm! even though it doesn't show the gloss online at all- it's definitely in my box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  YAY!!  Were the NV comestics a one time only thing?- I couldn't find the brand listed on BA's website...

also, their boxes are super nice! way sturdy and cute- the pink camo inside is a very nice touch! They're really well made- I will def. be keeping these boxes to organize my makeup.
biggrin.gif
HOORAY!!!  I actually cancel my account after I order a box (just so 1- I don't forget and get sent samples I don't choose, and 2- I can go in and take the quiz anytime!), so I've been going back in just to see the fun stuff I can get next time, and I'm seeing different shades of the eyeliner - so you can get the eyeliner again, but not in the same color.  And it still seems to be alternating with the NV lip glosses.  I seriously want one of the Indie Lee oils, so once that pops up in my window, I may just order it!

The hair chalk is SUPER vibrant but it rubbed back off on my fingers right away lol. I got the pink one but my hair already has a lot of auburn in it so you honestly couldn't really tell it was there. I probably should've gotten the purple one.

No worries chica. That happened to me last month with the NV eyeliner. I spoke with customer service and she assured me the item would be in my box just not in my shop. This brand is not avaialbe to buy through BA. So it will not show up in anyone's shop. But you can buy on their website. http://www.addictionnv.com/ There is a promo that they are doing right now for 70% off! NV70

Ok, this is my first time poking around the BA website. Those of you who ended up with the gel eyeliner in Scene or Gold Digger, how'd you end up there? I feel like I've tried 400 combinations, and the only ones I'm seeing are Chaos and the purple one.  Wahhhh!

My picks came last week while I was at E3 so I didn't open my box until the other day.

The liner is in Chaos which is a gorgeous teal. Reminds me a of mermaid's tail.  The Yes To was my "weird" pick since everything else I wanted.

Colorsmash is in hot pink, the Mark mascara in black and the gel polish plus bottle. Overall I'm happy with my June Beauty Army picks.

Got my box a few days ago! It came about a week earlier than I was expecting so that was nice. 

1. The travel bottle was bigger than I was expecting which is awesome, I'm going to use it to bring along some of my Pacifica body wash on our trip next week. 

2. I got the NV gel eyeliner in the black with purple glitter, but it's really more of a purple which is awesome because I didn't get the purple Cailyn liner in my Ipsy bag and have wanted to try one. I've used it once and it seems okay. It doesn't have the same staying power on me as the Mica & Cailyn liners I've tried though but the color is pretty. 

3. The Skinn teen tone is a horrible color for my lips but looks nice on my cheeks and eyes as a base for a few pink shadows I have. I'll probably mostly use it as a cream blush though. 

4. Dry shampoo - my very first experience with one and I love it. I was a little skeptical at first, I have dark brown hair and I definitely got that white powder residue I'd seen mentioned many times but it rubbed right in and the smell is awesome. 

5. Mark mascara in the brown, I didn't have a brown mascara so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's not my favorite mascara but it'll be nice to try for when I want a more natural lash look I guess. Something different :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

6. The $25 iTrain gift card. I got it all set up on the site and have looked around but haven't decided what I'm going to use it for. I love working out and don't get to the gym much (if at all) so I'm sure I'll find something and it was a nice addition. 

Got my box today - the Walk of Shame Lip Gloss is freaking bright red! Def wont be wearing that...I can't pull off a red lip. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back