Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just going to come here and complain that no matter what I did I still got the DUD body wash. I've got no dude, not looking, and am all about me me me. Nothing exciting. I may be skipping the month too. 
Yeah, since I have two accounts, I JUST go a BA box on Saturday, and don't really have the need to order the same things again. Still love BA and hopefully won't skip on my second box. It's not their fault I have two accounts haha. 

Yeah, I chose samples this morning, took the thing about ten times to come up with even three items I'd like.  I -am- getting the K-pak (I think it's full size?) though, and getting the Grand Central mask.  Also some hand cream, a body butter packet, some face hydrator that's in a tiny tub in plastic packaging and ANOTHER Clear Prep FX.

I'll probably give it one more month then axe it if next month's isn't great.  I couldn't click on "fragrance" without like 7 of the 9 products being vials of fragrance.

I haven't ever posted on the beauty army threads before but I'm been getting them since january. :]

I'm playing around with my profiile and Dude Wash still showed up when I set my age to 55+!
rofl2.gif

You know, I just realized after all was said and done... I ended up not getting a box in April from Beauty Army! lol Ahh well, there's always May!

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't ever posted on the beauty army threads before but I'm been getting them since january. :]

I'm playing around with my profiile and Dude Wash still showed up when I set my age to 55+!
rofl2.gif
It's my first month getting beauty army so I don't really know how the profile effects your selections, but wasn't there a place in the beauty profile to select men's products? Did you maybe select that by accident or is it just showing up anyways?

I skipped too. Everything I did with my profile got me the same 8 items and I changed it about 13 times. Then each time, one random thing would come up!

I thought they were getting more brands.

Originally Posted by zoemarie876 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's my first month getting beauty army so I don't really know how the profile effects your selections, but wasn't there a place in the beauty profile to select men's products? Did you maybe select that by accident or is it just showing up anyways?
There is a window where you can select men's products, but I haven't clicked it and I've gotten Dude Wash in every end of survey window
sdrop.gif

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped too. Everything I did with my profile got me the same 8 items and I changed it about 13 times. Then each time, one random thing would come up!

I thought they were getting more brands.
So did I! I remember them making a facebook post about being excited about recent deals they've made, but I can't find it :[ Also it feels a little misleading to make a bunch of posts about a makeup company like NARS (It was a while back, but still!) when you don't intend on having their products available for sampling. I know they're a beauty company so it makes sense that they post about makeup trends; I guess I'm just a little disappointed we haven't really gotten makeup since January/February (aside from LaRocca which I never got in my selections- boooo!)

I see where you're coming from. I don't go to BeautyArmy for "advice" nor do they have a beauty column, videos, etc like BB or MG have, so why are they posting about NARS? I go to their facebook page to see what is coming. I didn't see the NARS post but I could understand.

So did I! I remember them making a facebook post about being excited about recent deals they've made, but I can't find it :[ Also it feels a little misleading to make a bunch of posts about a makeup company like NARS (It was a while back, but still!) when you don't intend on having their products available for sampling. I know they're a beauty company so it makes sense that they post about makeup trends; I guess I'm just a little disappointed we haven't really gotten makeup since January/February (aside from LaRocca which I never got in my selections- boooo!)

There is a window where you can select men's products, but I haven't clicked it and I've gotten Dude Wash in every end of survey window
sdrop.gif
Yeah I was so irritated since I was like I swear I didnt activate mens products!? And now its sort of hard to tell which is for men which is for me. I kept getting some cream that looked like it could be a men's design. So I gave up and skipped. I too had the same 7-8 products every time I did the survey, changing it only changed 1 or 2 products.

I went ahead and ordered my kit, so hopefully anything good that comes out later this month makes it to next month! I love grabbing their big samples, I still have my sun screen from last month which will come in handy this week since I'm going camping! (yay!)

I picked olive, dry damaged hair, and then all the rest are just the first choices. I had to redo my profile so many times, but this is how it worked out:

• hair (Joico)
  • acne (Clickr)
  • moisturizer (Institut Karite)
  • all natural (Weleda)
  • and eye area (M.A.D.)

After that I think I chose the 35-40 age range :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm, I don't pick until the 12th, but I'm not seeing anything too exciting. Most of the stuff I either already got, or wouldn't want. Except the Joico. But unless they add to their selection by then, I will probably skip too.

I still love Beauty Army, though and am so glad they're doing the skip, since that's going to keep me with them for a long time.

Love that Weleda sample, by the way.

I skipped.. everything I changed my profile I kept getting tons of perfume samples. Oh well at least I have LBB!

I skipped this month. I retook the profile quiz a couple of times and didn't really see anything I wanted. I wanted the LaRocca lipgloss but both times it was offered I couldn't get it to come up for me. Better luck next month I guess.

I don't like how their 'selection window' time frame is misleading. For example, mine says "April 22-Apr27" as my selection window. I played around with the choices but never found the perfect combination.

Then on the morning of the 27th I get the 'you didn't pick so we picked for you' email. When I emailed Beauty Army they said my selection was Apr 22-26th, and at midnight on the 27th that was when the window ended. They still canceled / skipped the month for me (at my request), but in case anyone else is thinking they had that last day listed in their selection window to mess around with choices... well ya don't.

That Joico is a good 5.1oz, it's huge! I was surprised by how heavy my April kit weighted and I went o_O when I open it. I was impressed.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't like how their 'selection window' time frame is misleading. For example, mine says "April 22-Apr27" as my selection window. I played around with the choices but never found the perfect combination.

Then on the morning of the 27th I get the 'you didn't pick so we picked for you' email. When I emailed Beauty Army they said my selection was Apr 22-26th, and at midnight on the 27th that was when the window ended. They still canceled / skipped the month for me (at my request), but in case anyone else is thinking they had that last day listed in their selection window to mess around with choices... well ya don't.
Midnight on the 27th? That is stupid. Absolutely stupid. Who sees the 27th and thinks you get one minute of the day to make your choices? They really mean "ends at 11:59 on the 26th". That is deceptive. I don't think it is intentional, just flat-out thoughtless and stupid.

(Whoops. Did I commit deformation?)

long time lurker :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was wondering if anyone got any makeup to show up and what kind? I got the foundation last month and i LOVE it. Hopefully I can get it again otherwise I'll be skipping this month.

Back