Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!! I'm new here!!! 

Just thought I'd share what I selected today 

I took the quiz literally on and off the whole day today.  I was getting frustrated and I wanted to just skip this month, but I figured if I get all the things that I wanted to try out from seeing what new things were popping up at the same time, I'll get it.  I'm really not that thrilled about my selections though....

-Cellcuticles

-Atopalm

-LaRocca

-Institute Karite

-Korres Gauva Body Butter

-Grand Central Beauty Mask Kit

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. I'm glad I quit. They were so awesome when they started. Now everything is just a repeat. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I decided to skip this month and give them another try next month. I used my skip option on May 1st but they charged my account today May 4th anyway. I just want to cancel and get a refund at this point. The samples are much to small for $12.00 a month anyway and in Feb I didn't get what the samples that I ordered and they still have not fixed that for me!

I played profile roulette for about an hour last night, and came up with a selection I could live with. Here's what I'm getting:

Joico K-pak  (5.1oz)

Pink Sugar Body Mousse (0.68oz)

LA Fresh oil free face cleanser (1 wipe)

LaRocca cellular gold hydrating body balm (1oz)

Weleda refining toner (0.34oz)

Grand Central Beauty smart skin perfecting mask (I'm guessing this is a one time use thing)

I agree that they seem to be getting a lot more of the dreaded packet/one time use samples lately, but as long as they still have some nice size samples too, I will stay awhile. I think what I have in my box this month is worth the $12.

Originally Posted by u4palm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where is the skip a month option? i couldn't find it anywhere....
It's under the picture boxes of your selections in teeny tiny writing. 
smile.gif

Well, I chose. -Joico conditioner (woot!) -cellceuticals Photodefense something or other -mad redness relief (have no use for this but figure maybe I can give it away) -korres guava lotion (yay) -Institut karite lotion -karuna brightening mask Kinda underwhelmed but whatever. Out of everything I just don't want two items so that's not too bad! I just wish I could be around when all the good stuff gets restocked. I am excited because my last box, I got a karuna anti blemish mask...I don't get too many blemishes but my boyfriend does. So now that I am getting another karuna mask, me and my boyfriend can each have a mask!

I have an account on the 7th and 20th.  I just skipped the 20th, I think I'll be skipping the 7th this time around also.  Thank goodness we have this option now - there's just nothing new that I want to try lately. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those of you who got the Lucy B Pink Frangipani perfume sample, aren't we supposed to get 2 vials of 0.1 oz each? Because my box arrived yesterday and I only got one really small vial (much smaller than the Aquolina one and it was only half full)
frown.gif

Has anyone else had an issue with that? I don't want to be greedy, but I think I should email them..

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those of you who got the Lucy B Pink Frangipani perfume sample, aren't we supposed to get 2 vials of 0.1 oz each? Because my box arrived yesterday and I only got one really small vial (much smaller than the Aquolina one and it was only half full)
frown.gif

Has anyone else had an issue with that? I don't want to be greedy, but I think I should email them..
I thought it was suppose to be two vials also

I'm new to Beauty Army and wasn't sure what to expect. I got to choose my samples yesterday. No matter what I did, I couldn't get any make-up to show up, even when the only sample box I clicked on was make-up. Is this a common issue? I must have taken the profile quiz like 20 times and always got the same things. 

It is a common issue which typically happens when they don't have more makeup selections to choose from.

I am having to contact them to reverse the charge after my skip. They should not charge till after you place your order with the skip option. This is a glitch that needs fixing ASAP

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is a common issue which typically happens when they don't have more makeup selections to choose from.
Thank you! At least I know it isn't only me now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> New to this site, but not to Beauty Army. This month was really disappointing. Last month, the Babor sun care sample I got came damaged, so when I emailed about a replacement they said that I would be able to pick an additional sample this month. I've taken the profile quiz about 25 times already and keep getting the exact same samples. None of which are what I want :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll be able to add the extra next time you order. I already confirmed that after I got an empty primer tube in April

Originally Posted by serioussparkles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> New to this site, but not to Beauty Army. This month was really disappointing. Last month, the Babor sun care sample I got came damaged, so when I emailed about a replacement they said that I would be able to pick an additional sample this month. I've taken the profile quiz about 25 times already and keep getting the exact same samples. None of which are what I want :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My selection window opens up in a couple of days. If I don't see any Shea Terra or Indie Lee products, I'm skipping. Lately the samples I've been getting from BA have been weird. They are a nice size, they seem to work ok...but there is always something a little "off" about them. For me...most of them smell weird. Like, old-ladyish. I have about 3-4 moisturizers that I won't even use because the smell is so strong. The 3 worst ones are the Boob Tube, Babor Anti-Jetlag Cream and one of those Cellceuticals. It's so annoying because the actual products work pretty well, but I just can't get over the smell. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Latest posts

Back