Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm VERY happy with my product. I signed up last week Thursday 3/20 and received my package yesterday 3/26. It was shipped via UPS and delivered via USPS. I received Dr. Babor Biogen Cellular Mask. I have to say - I'm impressed. I'm very sensitive to scents (cant stand anything floral, especially rose)  the product they matched me with didn't contain any traces of that and addressed my concerns of dry skin and redness.

Now, is it the biggest $ I've received in one of these subscription boxes? No, definitely not. But it was exactly what I needed. I will continue the services for a couple of months  and will update. Value is great and the product fit me perfectly.

I'm happy, too! I got these:

I asked for a hair product, and I use mousse every day, so I was glad to get mousse. The firming lotion is a bonus, and I'm happy to have received that as well. Excited to see what's next!

From what I read about this service, the website that used to carry the products was Spalook and I remember they always had coupons in the Test Tubes for them.

Apparently now the Spalook site closed and they are doing this beauty DNA thing.

If they actually shipped to Canada, I might be interested....

I just signed up too. The customization was almost a little intimidating; I didn't know half the additives they were talking about. I really hope it all makes sense in the end and I get something I like. 

I was trying to decide between this and From the Lab, but this one did have better customization ...

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just signed up too. The customization was almost a little intimidating; I didn't know half the additives they were talking about. I really hope it all makes sense in the end and I get something I like. 

I was trying to decide between this and From the Lab, but this one did have better customization ...
I really like the customization with this one because it seems that they actually pay attention to it. They do seem to consider every detail - sending pamphlets about why, based on your survey responses, each product they send is right for us. I think it's pretty cool. I wish it was more than a 1-2 product per month thing, because I'd be willing to pay a bit more for more products. However, that might be overwhelming for them and compromise the personalization aspect.

I signed up because I want stuff for me that I can use. I have literally a crate of stuff I don't use from birchbox and other subs . I get stuff not for me and I feel I have wasted money. I am going to stop my birchbox and ipsy and just get this. I will be keeping my  nina Garcia box and my Bijoux box

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I signed up because I want stuff for me that I can use. I have literally a crate of stuff I don't use from birchbox and other subs . I get stuff not for me and I feel I have wasted money. I am going to stop my birchbox and ipsy and just get this. I will be keeping my  nina Garcia box and my Bijoux box
NGQ is one of my favorites. 

Agreed on sub overload - I ended up passing a lot of things along to friends or leaving things on the free table downstairs. (I live in an apartment building and in the basement there's a table where people can leave things to give away. I left a slew of little fragrance samples and someone swept them all up a little while later.) 

At the same time, in any given box I usually find one product I love and order or at least love enough to use until I'm done with it. I'm hoping BeautyDNA really gets it right! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine will be here tomorrow!!
When did you order? Yay!

Mine will be here tomorrow!!
Yea!  I hope you love yours!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yea!  I hope you love yours!
Thank you. 
smile.gif

I just got my box today and received the AHAVA Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate. This was the one thing I didn't want, after seeing some other people's shipments, but I am now happy about it! LOL. I have just tried AHAVA lotion before from Marshalls, etc. I was never a huge fan, but after reading the reviews of the Concentrate online it seems like it's a great product. I was really happy in the pamphlet they sent that they talked about how I would like the product because it didn't contain thing I didn't like (cocoa butter, chamomile). And I love serums so it does feel like a perfect fit. I can't wait to see what they send next! 

Saw this in the last couple new beauty mags and was curious about it . Glad I saw this thread ....soooo thinking about doing this!

When did you order? Yay!
I ordered on the 21st and it was shipped out on the 25th.  It comes from Florida and I live in Seattle, WA so it has a looooong way to go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered on the 21st and it was shipped out on the 25th.  It comes from Florida and I live in Seattle, WA so it has a looooong way to go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you! I ordered yesterday and was curious what their turn-around time was. I'm in Portland so we're pretty close. Let me know what shipping method they use and how long it takes! 

Thank you! I ordered yesterday and was curious what their turn-around time was. I'm in Portland so we're pretty close. Let me know what shipping method they use and how long it takes! 
They use UPS and they do send tracking.  I just checked my tracking and it says it left on the 24th (I got the email on the 25th) and it will be here tomorrow.  So a week.  Of course, I wish it was faster but at least they don't use DHL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They use UPS and they do send tracking.  I just checked my tracking and it says it left on the 24th (I got the email on the 25th) and it will be here tomorrow.  So a week.  Of course, I wish it was faster but at least they don't use DHL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
just got a shipment alert from UPS for BeautyDNA!! ETA is 4/9 for me. Yay! 
claps.gif

Back