Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Why did you guys have to like this? I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head... but you never know. Some sub might have a product to fix that hole in my head...
LOL... that sounds exactly like me! I was so proud of myself for finally weeding down my subs and then, THIS happened!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine  has shipped and its  13.80 oz...   says it will arrive on Tuesday. Anyone else have this weight?
Mine was 14.9oz and the product was only 1.7oz so it could be anything!!  Are you excited?!  My skyn Iceland is like silky air puffs. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone else tried to contact their customer service? I have emailed them and called them several times over the past two weeks and they have never gotten back to me. I need to cancel my subscription and this is the only way we can do that. I'm scared that they are just going to ignore me and not allow me to cancel. What do I do? Is it a scam?

I too, have called and emailed in an attempt to cancel.  I have gotten no response and my account hasn't been cancelled.  What's the next step?

Quote: Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I too, have called and emailed in an attempt to cancel.  I have gotten no response and my account hasn't been cancelled.  What's the next step?
That sounds frustrating. Let me know how it works out!

I emailed them the other day to enquire about the ridiculously light weight of my package (0.90 oz is the weight of three regular pencils - it's nothing). I haven't heard from them on that either.

I mean we could report them to the Better Business Bureau. I don't know what to do in this situation. Could we contact our card companies and tell them not to authorize anything from them? Is that possible to do?

UPDATE: I emailed them again threatening to contact BBB if they continued to ignore me and they finally got back to me saying they cancelled my account for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I mean we could report them to the Better Business Bureau. I don't know what to do in this situation. Could we contact our card companies and tell them not to authorize anything from them? Is that possible to do?

UPDATE: I emailed them again threatening to contact BBB if they continued to ignore me and they finally got back to me saying they cancelled my account for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oof. I'm glad you got your money back. I get suspicious when any service doesn't make it easy to cancel.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dashery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oof. I'm glad you got your money back. I get suspicious when any service doesn't make it easy to cancel.
Yeah, me too. I was really scared for awhile there.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you hear you got your money back but it's a shame you had to resort to the BBB threat! 

I get all my subscriptions using temporary card numbers generated by my credit card's "Shop Safe" feature. You can set the dollar limit and expiration date for each number (and later increase limits if you want) but if I try to cancel a subscription and they aren't responsive I don't have to worry as much. It still requires more management to make sure to increase the spending limits (or extend the expiration date) for a particular number but it's a great weight off so I think it's worthwhile. 

Hmm, I didn't even think about cancelling issues when I signed up.  I HATE having to call to cancel (Julep, Im looking at you).

Funny (or not, actually) that they won't get back to you about cancelling quickly.  I emailed them a question after I signed up and they emailed me back in ten minutes.  I was so impressed.

Thanks for sharing what happened.  Im going to pay attention now.

I just received a response from them on my weight question! They said the package was either mislabeled or not weighed properly and to let them know when I received it whether everything was okay with it. Very friendly and a response in 1 business day so I give them an A in CS for this issue! 

EDIT: a typo, my bad!

Mine came in the mail . I am not sure how I feel about this . I got  Strivectin Volumizing Hand Cream 2oz  . This tiny thing of handcream that sells for about $27 dollars.  I see this brand in tj maxx and marshalls all the time and  it probably sells for half that.    I little sad my value is so low.  I will say open minded and try it.   Maybe its the best thing to ever happen to me   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     Congratulations to the ladies who got the higher valued boxes.   Maybe next month will work out better for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine came in the mail . I am not sure how I feel about this . I got  Strivectin Volumizing Hand Cream 2oz  . This tiny thing of handcream that sells for about $27 dollars.  I see this brand in tj maxx and marshalls all the time and  it probably sells for half that.    I little sad my value is so low.  I will say open minded and try it.   Maybe its the best thing to ever happen to me   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     Congratulations to the ladies who got the higher valued boxes.   Maybe next month will work out better for me.

Volumizing Hand cream!?  To volumize your hands?!  That *is* weird!  

Ooo!

It's actually a really good product!  I just looked it up!  It gets pretty amazing reviews and Paula's Choice rates it a BEST!  (she rates my cloud cream that I got POOR...).  It's a best because it has really good ingredients in it (hyaluronic acid is fabulous for moisturizing)!  I wonder if you could use it on your face instead of your hands!? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's all the same stuff, right?  It's a bummer about the value but your product has way better ingredients than mine.  I haven't opened mine because of it.  I'm debating what to do with it.  It may be worth a lot of money but it has nothing in it that does any good.  Yours, at least has hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, niacinamide and good moisturizing ingredients. 

I think I might be a little jealous.

From Paula's Choice review:

"It does a beautiful job moisturizing hands and the niacinamide-like NIA-114 ingredient it contains (listed as myristyl nicotinate) has some compelling research behind it. Beyond that, your hands will benefit from the emollient (and antioxidant-rich) oils this contains. Arbutin is also on hand to help lighten dark spots... That and the myristyl nicotinate should help lighten dark spots!'

I had a similar experience trying to cancel my account. I received an AHAVA firming lotion valued at $42 (I think I remember that correctly), but I always see AHAVA products piled on the clearance shelf at ULTA so I wasn't impressed. I sent an email to customer service asking them to cancel my account on 3/27. The only response I got was an automated "we'll get back to you". I actually forgot about it until I got an email today about my answers to the survey they sent out:

Quote: I wanted to follow up to your responses to our BeautyDNA survey. I noticed that you mentioned you did not feel that the Ahava Firming Body Cream was not a good match for you, I'm sorry to hear that. I understand your concern about receiving a body firming cream when that is something you noted that you don't need. Our beauty experts looked into your profile and we have made a note so that you will not receive any body firming creams moving forward. Since you did specify that you wanted a body cream, the Ahava product will still meet your concerns and preferences but I suggest that you edit your profile if there were other things she didn't like about it.

If you would like additional attributes- such as scent and formulation we can help you fill out her profile accordingly. Please just let me know how we can assist you.

I responded to that email asking them again to cancel my account and they finally did. I'm kind of rubbed the wrong way by this kind of customer service (ignoring the request to cancel and then basically telling me that I should like that product anyway) so I'm glad I cancelled. I'm also irked that some people received way more valuable products or even two products (though I'm happy that some of you are getting your money's worth!).

My first box just arrived! I am so happy, I got the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum! I had kind of hoped to get the Skyn Iceland but a Caudalie serum is even better since I used to use their SOS serum.

Back