Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten a shipping email and my account says nothing regarding when I'll get anything else. I've been subbed since mid-March, so this will be my second box. I haven't been charged for the second one yet, though. I think this sub seems cool, but I do wish the communication was a teeny bit better. I get crap email every damn day from subs I've long cancelled. I do like occasional updates from the ones I do opt to continue paying for.

I haven't gotten a shipping email and my account says nothing regarding when I'll get anything else. I've been subbed since mid-March, so this will be my second box. I haven't been charged for the second one yet, though. I think this sub seems cool, but I do wish the communication was a teeny bit better. I get crap email every damn day from subs I've long cancelled. I do like occasional updates from the ones I do opt to continue paying for.
It would be nice if they had more options in the online account management so you could see when your order ships and so on. But this is still a really new service so hopefully that will improve. 

I received my package today. They sent me Kiehl's Skin Rescuer which retails for $40. I like it and am excited to try it. They did an excellent job finding a product to address my primary concerns (aging and redness). I will give it another couple of months and see how it goes.

I received my package today. They sent me Kiehl's Skin Rescuer which retails for $40. I like it and am excited to try it. They did an excellent job finding a product to address my primary concerns (aging and redness). I will give it another couple of months and see how it goes.
Nice product hope I get that would be very happy

I agree that they need something letting us know when we will be charged/when our items will ship on the website.  I know they put most of their effort into the quiz on the website, but it would be very nice to add that information.

I understand that there was a delay for this month however I still haven't even been billed yet. In an email that I sent because I was worried if I'd made myself a new subber because I had to change my payment method (this happened months ago with another sub), they replied back on the 22nd that it looked like mine was due to ship at the end of that week. Although, I'm impatient... I'm okay with waiting, if I only knew what to expect and right now, I'm totally confused as to whether this month will be the only delay and my start date will go back to my March sub start date for May or will it stay at the April "delayed" date...... If that's the case, I will end up either being billed twice in one month or having to miss a month, I'm not overly crazy about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just signed up for this! Actually I signed up a while ago, but just now gave my payment info and fulled out the survey. The only things I wanted to change about the survey are 1) I don't care whether my products tingle or not but they made me pick like or dislike, and 2) it needs better navigation than just previous/next buttons the whole way through.  I was pleased that I could say yes to acid exfoliation and on a different page specify yes to BHAs and no to AHAs.

My first product is going to be a body product.

My box was late too, so I called them and left a message. Then I followed up with an email when they didn't call me back, and they immediately called me and said they must have had an issue with their phone system because they didn't see that I called. They also said there had been a problem or something with their system over the weekend because they had had so many new people join the subscription. After I emailed they sent tracking info the next day, and my box is scheduled to arrive today. I was also able to reset my ship date to mid month rather than late month over the phone. So my recommendation is call if your box is late, leave a message, then follow up with email saying you called and they should get back to you. At least it worked for me. I'm excited to see what I get today but I am a little bummed about the lateness. 

Wanted to update, even though my package was late I got an AWESOME product perfect for me. Very very happy with this subscription. I got Dr. Brandt's Laser A-Peel System (normally $78)

Does Beauty DNA ship USPS, or another method? I'm curious about this service but was wondering how they ship!

My April box was shipped UPS Surepost from FL and took 7 days to get to CA. Hope that helps.

Does Beauty DNA ship USPS, or another method? I'm curious about this service but was wondering how they ship!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled. Well I tried to cancel... Haven't heard from them yet. Took someone's advice and gave it another shot but they sent me a H2O product I've seen at Marshall's and wen conditioner & said together it's worth $28. Ummm... I would rather take my $25 and buy something more substantial.

Hmm... I don't think I've even been charged yet and I definitely havent gotten a shipping notice.  I'll have to check.  I know they did say  on Facebook that they were shipping a week late (so if you signed up on April 21, they weren't shipping till April 28, that kind of thing).  If they don't actually charge until they ship, I *like* that!  Not like Glossybox who takes your money and runs! LOL 

Still... I'm gonna see what's up and maybe send them a message.

I emailed customer service to see when I would receive my second box. It took a few days to get a response, but I was told that the boxes ship out every month on the day of your first product matching. So since I was first matched on April 18th, my next product match will be May 19th. This may explain why there is so much inconsistency in the shipping dates and notifications. I also requested just receiving facial skincare products, since I don't have an interest in receiving body and hair products. I don't know if my request has really gone though, but they said it would be been taken into account. 

For those interested in products, I received the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum ($78). I wanted a serum, so I basically marked everything else as a "don't want" and emphasized antioxidants and vitamin C and E. I suppose it has a fruity scent and natural ingredients too. 

Hope this helps! This is my first post, but I've learned a lot from you ladies! Thank you!

I emailed customer service to see when I would receive my second box. It took a few days to get a response, but I was told that the boxes ship out every month on the day of your first product matching. So since I was first matched on April 18th, my next product match will be May 19th. This may explain why there is so much inconsistency in the shipping dates and notifications. I also requested just receiving facial skincare products, since I don't have an interest in receiving body and hair products. I don't know if my request has really gone though, but they said it would be been taken into account. 

For those interested in products, I received the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum ($78). I wanted a serum, so I basically marked everything else as a "don't want" and emphasized antioxidants and vitamin C and E. I suppose it has a fruity scent and natural ingredients too. 

Hope this helps! This is my first post, but I've learned a lot from you ladies! Thank you!
That's good to know! My first shipment was on the 2nd of the month so I'm hoping to get confirmation soon!

My first box shipped yesterday! The shipping notification went to my spam folder for some reason.

I'm so excited to find out what I got! As long as it's something that's right for me, I don't really care if it's a $20 value or $75 value. For me part of the value of the subscription is just getting a very specific/personalized product recommendation.

It's weird to be on a subscription where spoilers are impossible because it's so custom. Does anyone know how many subscribers BeautyDNA has, or how long they're going to be in beta, or what they even mean by "beta"? How long has BeautyDNA even been around, are they affiliated with any brands or companies? I haven't found many people who know about it.

Latest posts

Back