Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by eliu8108 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My first box just arrived! I am so happy, I got the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum! I had kind of hoped to get the Skyn Iceland but a Caudalie serum is even better since I used to use their SOS serum.
How wonderful!  That is great stuff!

Apparently I did choose a "body" product even though I thought I missed that initial question. I couldn't be happier! (I have so many products for my face right now.)

I love how they give you the card explaining why they picked it and how it falls in line with your preferences. 

I'm excited to try this! Yay!

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Volumizing Hand cream!?  To volumize your hands?!  That *is* weird!  

Ooo!

It's actually a really good product!  I just looked it up!  It gets pretty amazing reviews and Paula's Choice rates it a BEST!  (she rates my cloud cream that I got POOR...).  It's a best because it has really good ingredients in it (hyaluronic acid is fabulous for moisturizing)!  I wonder if you could use it on your face instead of your hands!? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's all the same stuff, right?  It's a bummer about the value but your product has way better ingredients than mine.  I haven't opened mine because of it.  I'm debating what to do with it.  It may be worth a lot of money but it has nothing in it that does any good.  Yours, at least has hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, niacinamide and good moisturizing ingredients. 

I think I might be a little jealous.

From Paula's Choice review:

"It does a beautiful job moisturizing hands and the niacinamide-like NIA-114 ingredient it contains (listed as myristyl nicotinate) has some compelling research behind it. Beyond that, your hands will benefit from the emollient (and antioxidant-rich) oils this contains. Arbutin is also on hand to help lighten dark spots... That and the myristyl nicotinate should 

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Apparently I did choose a "body" product even though I thought I missed that initial question. I couldn't be happier! (I have so many products for my face right now.)

I love how they give you the card explaining why they picked it and how it falls in line with your preferences. 

I'm excited for you... it looks like a really great product!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First impressions: product texture, formulation, scent, absorption, etc., all coincide with my preferences!

Of course I've only used it twice so no news on whether it actually works on the dimples. 
wink.gif

Just wanted to update you all ... I think they did a wonderful job at picking my product. I am noticing results and am slightly scared that I'll be on the hook for a $75/month investment with this lotion! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmm, I didn't even think about cancelling issues when I signed up.  I HATE having to call to cancel (Julep, Im looking at you).

Funny (or not, actually) that they won't get back to you about cancelling quickly.  I emailed them a question after I signed up and they emailed me back in ten minutes.  I was so impressed.

Thanks for sharing what happened.  Im going to pay attention now.
 I have called beauty dna a few times and they answered immediately the phone and were amazing.   I think they have great customer service  similar  to birchbox.  I talked to a lady and she sent me an extra item  for last month for no reason after we talked. I was beyond impressed.   If you have trouble canceling just call them

Spoke to beauty DNA today and they say all the boxes will go out on april  29th.    for the month of may.   Really looking forward to my next box

I got  mine while the site was down.

I chose face and got Murad Acne spot treameant, which I will never use and they also sent me Wen cleansing conditioner...which I actually like.

Even though this time wasn't a total hit for me, I'm not at all upset and I'm for sure going to stay subscribed. I love the little cards and I feel like they do actually pay attention to your profile as both items I received did meet my criteria. I'm super excited to see what the future holds.

Next one will be shipping soon!!  I can't wait to see what I'm getting!  I ended up not using the skyn iceland just  because it didn't have the ingredients I look for in a moisturizer (and because I seriously hate jars) but it wasn't hard to find someone who wanted it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think we all know that subs will rarely be our perfect thing 100% of the time so I'm okay with it.  I'm continuing to subscribe and see what my next product will be!

Next one will be shipping soon!!  I can't wait to see what I'm getting!  I ended up not using the skyn iceland just  because it didn't have the ingredients I look for in a moisturizer (and because I seriously hate jars) but it wasn't hard to find someone who wanted it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think we all know that subs will rarely be our perfect thing 100% of the time so I'm okay with it.  I'm continuing to subscribe and see what my next product will be!
Agreed; so far I love the customization they offer and the fact that the effort is there. Even if we don't end up loving the product in the end they are doing their homework and trying to make it work. 

Back