Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first box shipped yesterday! The shipping notification went to my spam folder for some reason.

I'm so excited to find out what I got! As long as it's something that's right for me, I don't really care if it's a $20 value or $75 value. For me part of the value of the subscription is just getting a very specific/personalized product recommendation.

It's weird to be on a subscription where spoilers are impossible because it's so custom. Does anyone know how many subscribers BeautyDNA has, or how long they're going to be in beta, or what they even mean by "beta"? How long has BeautyDNA even been around, are they affiliated with any brands or companies? I haven't found many people who know about it.
I read somewhere 300

I got my box today.  I got a hair and body product.  The body product is a "bonus" product. 

Hair:  Wen Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner.  Retails for $18.  I'll try it.

Body:  Kiehl's Aromatic Blends:  Nashi Blossom and Pink Grapefruit Hand and Body Lotion.  Retails for $26.  This being in the box irritates me.  It is formulated with Shea Butter which I am allergic to (get awful hives) so I specifically put in my survey to avoid Shea butter and in the pamphlet about the hair product, it says it's a perfect match because it doesn't contain shea butter!

I hope everyone else loves their products this month!   

I got my box today.  I got a hair and body product.  The body product is a "bonus" product. 

Hair:  Wen Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner.  Retails for $18.  I'll try it.

Body:  Kiehl's Aromatic Blends:  Nashi Blossom and Pink Grapefruit Hand and Body Lotion.  Retails for $26.  This being in the box irritates me.  It is formulated with Shea Butter which I am allergic to (get awful hives) so I specifically put in my survey to avoid Shea butter and in the pamphlet about the hair product, it says it's a perfect match because it doesn't contain shea butter!

I would DEFINITELY email them about that.  I'm sure they'll send a replacement product since that is totally their fault!

The have pretty good email customer service. Point out the mistake to their team and I'm sure they will send you a better product! 

Just got mine--no shipping e-mail, so I was surprised. I received Lina Hanson Global Body Serum, a $63.00 value. It is completely made of nurishing oils, most of which are organic and smells like an orange creamcicle! As I am allergic to most creams and lotions, this seems perfect for me!

I had an issue with my first box the product irritated me . I called them and they happily sent me a totally new product telling me to also keep the old one.  When I got the replacement product there was an extra product in it too as a gift.   They sent me all this in 2 days . Then I got a follow up call asking me how it worked out. I  was so impressed. You need to call them

I got Clark's Botanicals Anti-Puff Eye Cream. It retails for $87, so that's pretty awesome. It's exactly one of the types of products I said I'd like, and it contains ingredients I specified. It's a big bottle (for an eye cream) that looks like it'll last awhile, too. I'm really satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine--no shipping e-mail, so I was surprised. I received Lina Hanson Global Body Serum, a $63.00 value. It is completely made of nurishing oils, most of which are organic and smells like an orange creamcicle! As I am allergic to most creams and lotions, this seems perfect for me!
I found my shipping email in my Spam folder while looking for something else.  I don't know why it goes there when I get the other ones!

I called last Thursday and it seems that a glitch had hit my sub, as well as some others that had caused it to show when the next one was due to go out however it skipped over us when it came time for the "matching" and such, which is why I hadn't been billed yet.  Super nice customer service, she offered me the chance to skip this one or the body product since I'm going to be billed for two months worth in a matter of a couple of weeks. I declined the offer because I was just way too excited for my next product and also because I'm super curious about my upcoming matches. I'm glad for the warning so I could make sure there's enough in the account at that time.

So it looks like my box arrived at my post office around Noon and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'm nervous because it's a hair item and the shipping was only 1.2 lbs.

I think I'm going to cancel after this month (even though I haven't received my item for this month).

I might be weird but I really prefer sample sized items!  I'm finding that I just don't go through a full size item fast enough.  Especially when I have new, fun samples to try still rolling in from other subs.

I do think it's really fun to get something matched to your specifications but I have so many things already to try.  Plus I really only want skincare and I'm pretty sure my next product is a body product.  I'm probably in the minority but I hardly ever use anything other than hand lotion.  I never slather my legs in lotion and even I know you can't get rid of cellulite with a cream!  Stretch marks, yes, but cellulite... Not so much.

My product will be here Saturday and after I get it I may change my tune :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I contacted customer service yesterday about the body lotion I received that is formulated with Shea Butter (which I'm allergic to).  I have not heard back.  I am feeling a bit blah about this subscription.  I know it's in Beta so expect some hiccups for sure in terms of the product matching software actually working.  I would expect better customer service though in terms of responsiveness to issues.  I'll let you guys know if I end up getting any traction with customer service. 

I contacted customer service yesterday about the body lotion I received that is formulated with Shea Butter (which I'm allergic to).  I have not heard back.  I am feeling a bit blah about this subscription.  I know it's in Beta so expect some hiccups for sure in terms of the product matching software actually working.  I would expect better customer service though in terms of responsiveness to issues.  I'll let you guys know if I end up getting any traction with customer service. 
Why dont you call them when I did they answered the  phone right away

I got my product today!  It's emerginC Scientific Naturals Ginger Lime Sugar Scrub.  It's a body product.  I'm actually totally happy with this!  It's worth $45 and I'll totally use it.

I still cancelled.  I just can't use full size products fast enough.  I only have one face and I have a lot of other samplygoodness to try.

I got my first box and it contained Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment. It's ok, but I don't like it as much as Moroccan Oil. A little disappointed.

I received my first box, and I got June Jacobs Intensive Age Defying Body Emulsion ($75) for my body product. I'm unfamiliar with this brand and the idea of a "body emulsion". Turns out that it's spa-speak for "lotion that will make you smell like a dreamsicle. Like a fancy, silky-smooth orange dreamsicle. But in a good way!" I don't love it; I won't be repurchasing this $75 lotion. But I do like it, and I'll use it all, and I'll keep my subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my first box, and I got June Jacobs Intensive Age Defying Body Emulsion ($75) for my body product. I'm unfamiliar with this brand and the idea of a "body emulsion". Turns out that it's spa-speak for "lotion that will make you smell like a dreamsicle. Like a fancy, silky-smooth orange dreamsicle. But in a good way!" I don't love it; I won't be repurchasing this $75 lotion. But I do like it, and I'll use it all, and I'll keep my subscription.
So the primary draw is the fragrance? That's the main benefit they say it has? I wouldn't be thrilled. Most beauty product junkies (like us) wear perfume anyway. Hopefully for $75 it has more beauty benefits than fragrance.

Latest posts

Back