Benefit's Advent Calendar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, the only ones I know of are beneift and Ciate.  I would love more non-chocolate calendars! I heard that Davids Tea is doing one, but I can't find it on their site (at least not on the American side).  And that led me to Adagio Tea, where I used to get my tea when I was drinking a lot of iced tea instead of coffee, and that led me down an amazing rabbit hole:  Adagio now has a section where customers have created blends for various fandoms -- and there are sampler sets with FREAKISHLY ADORABLE TINS.  The tins are Altoids-type tins.  I could get a couple of sampler sets and make my own calendar, or I could get the sampler sets and have tea while watching, say, _Teen Wolf_ (and now Netflix can STOP JUDGING ME because I have run out of episodes there and will be viewing it on mtv.com) or listening to _Welcome to Night Vale_ (greatest podcast *ever*!).

Ahem.  Yeah.  I just know of these two.  I've been digging around looking for more, but it doesn't seem to be a big Thing in the US, so there just aren't many out there.  I can't even find the 2013 UK calendars I found a few weeks ago to see if they have any updates for 2012.  I really want the Selfridges one, but it's 84 pounds, which translates to more than $130, and I'm not sure whether I want to spend that much on it -- and then they might not even ship to the US.  It would be *amazing* if some of the indie makeup companies put together one of these -- or, even better, if several different indie companies banded together to put one out, so you could get Glamour Doll Eyes, Geek Chic, Espionage, Hit Polish, Glitter Guilty, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Villainess, and I don't even *know* what other companies, all in one box.  It would got them exposed to us -- and us exposed to them!  (Hmm, I wonder what it would take to organize something like that.  I'm sure it couldn't be done this year, but maybe next.)

That would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought this from Sephora for my daughter's 13th birthday in December...and it's HUGE! Lol. I wasn't expecting it to be so big. She's going to love it!
smile.gif

How awesome! Why wasn't cool stuff like this around when I turned 13?!! I'm pretty sure I got a "My Little Pony" for my 13th birthday.

Possibly Rainbow Brite. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Good question!

I'm skipping the Benefit calendar, but I do think it's such a great idea.

Here's the only other one I know of on Sephora:

s1541077-main-hero.jpg

Oh my now I need this one too! And I have to order some of Lush's Christmas things! Ahh so many pretty Christmas things. :)

I remember looking into the Lancôme and L'Oreal calendars and finding out they were Canada-only. It seems like they were a Loose Button thing.

That's right! And man...Loosebutton...that's a name I haven't heard in a while!

In case you were wondering what everything looked like pulled out of the calendar:

There are a few things in here I'm going to have to swatch tomorrow (Sephora lunch run! Whoo!), but so many goodies! (And it's a good thing I like Sugarbomb because now I have *three* of them.) I'm actually a little overwhelmed by all of these, so I'm thinking I might pick out one new item at random from this each week to add to my rotation instead of just going, "RAWR! USE ALL MAKEUP NOW!" especially since I have this problem were I can't decide what to use if I have many choices, so if I can use all of these items, none will actually end up being used. Picking at random seems like a good approach for me. I think I need to make some little origami boxes tonight!

In case you were wondering what everything looked like pulled out of the calendar:
There are a few things in here I'm going to have to swatch tomorrow (Sephora lunch run! Whoo!), but so many goodies! (And it's a good thing I like Sugarbomb because now I have *three* of them.) I'm actually a little overwhelmed by all of these, so I'm thinking I might pick out one new item at random from this each week to add to my rotation instead of just going, "RAWR! USE ALL MAKEUP NOW!" especially since I have this problem were I can't decide what to use if I have many choices, so if I can use all of these items, none will actually end up being used. Picking at random seems like a good approach for me. I think I need to make some little origami boxes tonight! Wow those seem like some great sizes! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow those seem like some great sizes! :)

They really are!  Some of them are the exact sizes that benefit provides to Birchbox to sample.

The lip glosses are half the size of the full-sized versions (I actually already received two of the Sugarbomb glosses in my September Birchboxes).  The POREfessional and the blushes are a third of the full size (I just dug out the POREfessional that I received from Birchbox a while ago, and that was 0.10 fl oz -- and the one in here is 0.25 fl oz, so that one is more than twice the Birchbox sample size).  That Gal and Girl Meets Pearl are more than half the size of the full!  The mascara is the same size as the mini that Sephora actually sells.  
If you like benefit, even if you have some of these things, the sizes in here would be *fantastic* for a travel kit.  If you don't know whether you like it, this will give you plenty of each product to try.  If you have the money and even the slightest interest, I would say to go for it because it will give you a ton to play with!

They really are!  Some of them are the exact sizes that benefit provides to Birchbox to sample.

The lip glosses are half the size of the full-sized versions (I actually already received two of the Sugarbomb glosses in my September Birchboxes).  The POREfessional and the blushes are a third of the full size (I just dug out the POREfessional that I received from Birchbox a while ago, and that was 0.10 fl oz -- and the one in here is 0.25 fl oz, so that one is more than twice the Birchbox sample size).  That Gal and Girl Meets Pearl are more than half the size of the full!  The mascara is the same size as the mini that Sephora actually sells.  
If you like benefit, even if you have some of these things, the sizes in here would be *fantastic* for a travel kit.  If you don't know whether you like it, this will give you plenty of each product to try.  If you have the money and even the slightest interest, I would say to go for it because it will give you a ton to play with!

Wow that sounds amazing! I think the only thing I've ever tried from Benefit is their Benetint, so I'm really excited mine will be here tomorrow! :)

I got mine in today! It is huge! When I got my Ulta box in today, I wasn't even sure what it was since I've never gotten a box so big from them before. The calender itself is also beautiful. No picture that I've seen can do it justice. I just love it! Can't wait until December!

I received mine today! I want to wait and open one each day in December but I don't know if I can wait that long. I swear, I have no self control when it comes to these things!

I hate to say it because I LOVE the Benefit products that I've tried...but I really don't think I'm going to get this.  I looked at the reviews on the Sephora website, and one user posted a video review that actually made me decide not to buy it.

The jewelry pieces are real duds, and I don't like lipgloss, so I wouldn't be using a bunch of the items there.  I really am only interested in seeing posie and chacha tint and the bronzer/blush samples.  I can't justify the price when I only want to try 6 of the items!

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hate to say it because I LOVE the Benefit products that I've tried...but I really don't think I'm going to get this.  I looked at the reviews on the Sephora website, and one user posted a video review that actually made me decide not to buy it.

The jewelry pieces are real duds, and I don't like lipgloss, so I wouldn't be using a bunch of the items there.  I really am only interested in seeing posie and chacha tint and the bronzer/blush samples.  I can't justify the price when I only want to try 6 of the items!
I hate to agree, but I do. I want the advent calendar, just because how fun would it be to get a beauty item everyday of advent.. but that being said, I have lots of benefit sample size stuff. Most of whats in this advent calendar I have. I should just make my own advent calendar.

There are a few things in here I'm going to have to swatch tomorrow (Sephora lunch run! Whoo!), but so many goodies! (And it's a good thing I like Sugarbomb because now I have *three* of them.) I'm actually a little overwhelmed by all of these, so I'm thinking I might pick out one new item at random from this each week to add to my rotation instead of just going, "RAWR! USE ALL MAKEUP NOW!" especially since I have this problem were I can't decide what to use if I have many choices, so if I can use all of these items, none will actually end up being used. Picking at random seems like a good approach for me. I think I need to make some little origami boxes tonight! God bless you, Meganola, for making and sharing that photo. I kept looking for a review on a blog or somewhere that would show it like that, and none of the ones I found, would show all of the minis in one clump, like that. I'm trying really hard not to want it, but I kind of do. I even think the "jewelry" looks really cute. I just don't *need* it, so I will most likely waffle, until it sells out. Waffle, waffle!

Someone say waffles?

I'm going to have to say that I'm passing on this. I recently acquired a bunch of Benefit deluxe minis from trades and what not, so most of these things will end up being duplicates. /sigh/

Maybe there will be another advent calendar by another company? Maybe? PLEASE!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Someone say waffles?

I'm going to have to say that I'm passing on this. I recently acquired a bunch of Benefit deluxe minis from trades and what not, so most of these things will end up being duplicates. /sigh/

Maybe there will be another advent calendar by another company? Maybe? PLEASE!
If your into nail polish Ciate has one! :)

Someone say waffles? I'm going to have to say that I'm passing on this. I recently acquired a bunch of Benefit deluxe minis from trades and what not, so most of these things will end up being duplicates. /sigh/ Maybe there will be another advent calendar by another company? Maybe? PLEASE!
If your into nail polish Ciate has one! :)
I love the idea of this and want to get it, however... I already have 11 of the products so I don't quite think it's worth it for me. I think this is an awesome gift for someone wanting to try benefit though.

Back