Benefit's Advent Calendar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately, I'm not that big on nail polishes either.
frown.gif

I might just end up getting several German chocolate calendars instead.
German chocolate calendars?  That sounds really interesting and I love chocolate.  Where do you get them from?

I have a big wooden calendar that I have for the kids, with little drawers for each day. Its a cool way of making your own calendar. I put bits of lego in for the boys, some chocolates, and makeup for my older girl. I keep a basket of minis makeup in the cupboard to give her at Christmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Last Contrast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a big wooden calendar that I have for the kids, with little drawers for each day. Its a cool way of making your own calendar. I put bits of lego in for the boys, some chocolates, and makeup for my older girl. I keep a basket of minis makeup in the cupboard to give her at Christmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I bought a wooden one from Target last year, and made my own little advent calender. And it looks like Target has a lot more designs this year, and they're available for pre-order. With all the sample-sized stuff I have this year, it might be cheaper to buy a wooden calendar again and fill the compartments with samples that I already have than to buy the benefit one....

Quote: Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought a wooden one from Target last year, and made my own little advent calender. And it looks like Target has a lot more designs this year, and they're available for pre-order. With all the sample-sized stuff I have this year, it might be cheaper to buy a wooden calendar again and fill the compartments with samples that I already have than to buy the benefit one....
I should look into getting one! I think it would be fun to fill one for my little boy :)

http://www.target.com/p/advent-calendar-collection/-/A-14927553

none of them qualify for free shipping though...might have to wait until they release in store (11/3), and there's a $3 coupon off "Threashold" brand xmas items that you can print out from the Target site too. 

I might try to make a calendar from scratch this year....still debating, but the Target ones do look cute, and they are reasonably priced (at least I think so) given that they're made of wood. 

http://www.target.com/p/advent-calendar-collection/-/A-14927553 none of them qualify for free shipping though...might have to wait until they release in store (11/3), and there's a $3 coupon off "Threashold" brand xmas items that you can print out from the Target site too.  I might try to make a calendar from scratch this year....still debating, but the Target ones do look cute, and they are reasonably priced (at least I think so) given that they're made of wood. 
I really like the one with round boxes in the shape of a wreath (well, okay, I saw it on the Target site when I searched earlier. I didn't check that link this time around!). I'm seriously thinking of making my own version of this (it would just be a cluster rather than a wreath, and they would probably be shades of green, like leaves, or blue, like bubbles) if I can find the round boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by thinkpink7l7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I might buy it when the 20% off code starts working
Is there a 20% code for Benefit or another store that sells the Advent calendar?

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Next Thursday, Sephora's 20% VIB discount code will be active.
Nice!  I wish I was a VIB.

Quote: Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is there a 20% code for Benefit or another store that sells the Advent calendar?
Ulta had a 20% off code that expires tomorrow and that's where I got mine from. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nice!  I wish I was a VIB.

If you know someone who is, you can shop with them - VIBs get a 'friend' code and the friend gets a one-time 20% off. In-store or online. 

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ulta had a 20% off code that expires tomorrow and that's where I got mine from. :)
Did you use the 20% off code that excludes prestige cosmetics? I really want to go get one while the coupon is still valid, but I'm not sure if it will work on the advent calendar, since benefit is considered a prestige brand of cosmetics. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleyyxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did you use the 20% off code that excludes prestige cosmetics? I really want to go get one while the coupon is still valid, but I'm not sure if it will work on the advent calendar, since benefit is considered a prestige brand of cosmetics. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used my 20% off coupon in the store on UD and it worked.  per the lady at the store the only brand that is excluded is Lancome.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately when I just went to buy it, the 20% off coupon didn't work for it but I had a 10% off anything that worked. Better than nothing!

This looks really great. Hopefully it won't sell out before I have the money to purchase it.

Back