Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my box today. I thought it was pretty good, until it got here. Now, I am really impressed. The shampoo is travel size. The firming serum is quite a bit, too. And I already had a little Mary-Louminizer, but that's not their fault. I love using it for eyeshadow, so I am actually happy to get an extra. They sent me two La Fresh face cloths, so that's something. The Juicy Couture fragrance really does smell like hairspray. lol I mean, there is some hair spray that smells exactly like it. Good to know. Anyway, I really do love my Birchbox for being so consistently good every month for only $10.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can never figure out if you're supposed to put concealer on under eye circles first....of after your foundation/BB cream? No matter how I do it, it always looks bad :/ I need the secrets girls!
It can be done either way! It's all personal preference. I see most people using their fingers to help warm up the product and blend it better

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my color club nail polish mini today and the brush is totally jacked up. Sigh...

Wow..I've never seen a brush that bad 
unsure.gif
 Definitely contact the company. I really don't see how that got past them

I got my color club nail polish mini today and the brush is totally jacked up. Sigh...

I was like "why did they send you the top part of a carrot stalk?" and then I realized it was the brush. Email them!

I can never figure out if you're supposed to put concealer on under eye circles first....of after your foundation/BB cream? No matter how I do it, it always looks bad :/ I need the secrets girls!
I always put in on after because then you don't need to use as much- I put 3 small dots where it is the darkest then pat it in with my ring finger until blended. Then I layer until I'm happy with it. I've seen contouring tutorials though where they put it on first and have it look almost white then put foundation on top to bring the color back down...I don't have time to spend 1 hour just on my face contouring in the morning though so I do primer, foundation, concealer and it generally works...

I placed an order on the 10th and then on the 11th the tracking updated to the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" and nothing has changed since then. Should I give it a few more days, or should I contact someone and should it be BB or USPS? Sorry for the questions, I'm just a little lost.

Originally Posted by Rochellena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed an order on the 10th and then on the 11th the tracking updated to the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" and nothing has changed since then. Should I give it a few more days, or should I contact someone and should it be BB or USPS? Sorry for the questions, I'm just a little lost.
You should absolutely contact someone. I placed an order on the 12th that I got on the 15th.

Wow, so. My boxes are scheduled to be delivered today, in Caldwell, ID...They were in Boise on Tuesday, which is the main stop before Caldwell, usually I get it the next day. BOTH tracking numbers are now showing that they are in Denver, CO. I tracked thru USPS site to confirm. WTF is going on?! I'm hoping my boxes will be in my mailbox today, if not, I'll be calling to find out why my boxes came into the state, then left again to go to CO. I actually thought I would have them for christmas. I'm so livid right now, I'm just hoping its a mistake.

Date/Time
Event Name
20 Dec 2012 04:40 Package processed by local post office
DENVER, CO 18 Dec 2012 06:50 Shipment Acceptance at PO
BOISE, ID 17 Dec 2012 11:02 Shipment Info Received by Post Office
TWIN FALLS, ID
Date
Description
Dec 17 2012 Package transferred to Post Office BOISE, ID Dec 17 2012 Ready for post office entry West Valley City, UT Dec 15 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package received for processing Edgewood, NY

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i like it too but i'm not shelling out $39 for it, lol
I used 200 points and the RTR code so I only paid $9, and I got a +2 sample pack too. Woohoo!

This is so silly. I placed an order with them on Tuesday. It's here already. My birchbox? Still nowhere to be found!

Originally Posted by Rochellena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you talk to anyone? I ordered and got tracking on the same dates. Good thing I didn't need it for christmas! 

Omg thats crazy looking! I would send that pic to color club and ask for a replacement mini brush.
I sent an email...hopefully, they will send me a replacement.

I received my welcome box for my 2nd sub. I got:

Color Club nail polish mini in Put a Pin in it

Amika Nourishing Mask

Mary-Lou Manizer (I'll trade this since I got this last month)

Harvey Prince Yogini

Twistband

Tili Bag

Can I leave feedback on welcome box items? I didn't see it anywhere on my account.

I received my welcome box for my 2nd sub. I got:

Color Club nail polish mini in Put a Pin in it

Amika Nourishing Mask

Mary-Lou Manizer (I'll trade this since I got this last month)

Harvey Prince Yogini

Twistband

Tili Bag

Can I leave feedback on welcome box items? I didn't see it anywhere on my account.
Yup, go to the item in the shop (click the item on your 'box' page), then click the 'write a review' button that is located under the price of the item, next to the social media sharing buttons. 

Yup, go to the item in the shop (click the item on your 'box' page), then click the 'write a review' button that is located under the price of the item, next to the social media sharing buttons. 
Nothing shows up on my box page...It just shows "Your first box is shipping soon" etc. Does that mean it will eventually update?

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, so. My boxes are scheduled to be delivered today, in Caldwell, ID...They were in Boise on Tuesday, which is the main stop before Caldwell, usually I get it the next day. BOTH tracking numbers are now showing that they are in Denver, CO. I tracked thru USPS site to confirm. WTF is going on?! I'm hoping my boxes will be in my mailbox today, if not, I'll be calling to find out why my boxes came into the state, then left again to go to CO. I actually thought I would have them for christmas. I'm so livid right now, I'm just hoping its a mistake.

Date/Time
Event Name
20 Dec 2012 04:40 Package processed by local post office
DENVER, CO 18 Dec 2012 06:50 Shipment Acceptance at PO
BOISE, ID 17 Dec 2012 11:02 Shipment Info Received by Post Office
TWIN FALLS, ID
Date
Description
Dec 17 2012 Package transferred to Post Office BOISE, ID Dec 17 2012 Ready for post office entry West Valley City, UT Dec 15 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package received for processing Edgewood, NY
Having lived in West Valley, UT with a former postal worker, I can confirm that the mail system is actually pretty good there. I have no idea what the heck is up with your packages, but I'd definitely contact someone soon.

Nothing shows up on my box page...It just shows "Your first box is shipping soon" etc. Does that mean it will eventually update?
Possibly, since you have already received your box...I would call the BB office and ask them to manually update your box contents. This also happened to my friend for whom I purchased a gift subscription. They updated it when she called.

Side note: When they did update her box contents, it showed different items than what they had sent her. So she called them back and they sent her another box with the contents that they updated her page with. Just an FYI, if that happens, call them back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is so silly. I placed an order with them on Tuesday. It's here already. My birchbox? Still nowhere to be found!
Lucky!  I placed an order on Tuesday and it's still hanging out in Jersey.  That + snowpocalypse in WI just may = no Naked Princess Lipgloss in my stocking this year.

Latest posts

Back