Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a good thing we get points to spend!
I hope it's still in stock next month, I don't have enough points right now, amazing how $22 is too much, but $12 doesn't seem too bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spazkatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hope it's still in stock next month, I don't have enough points right now, amazing how $22 is too much, but $12 doesn't seem too bad.
I am sure it will be in stock next month, but if you can't wait you could try to use one of the anniversary discount codes (3months20, sweet16, etc) for some percentage off.  I recently used a discount and points to buy the BP trio set because it was already such a good deal!  I like the spray and the conditioner, but the shampoo is not my favorite.  I feel like the spray will last forever!

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure it will be in stock next month, but if you can't wait you could try to use one of the anniversary discount codes (3months20, sweet16, etc) for some percentage off.  I recently used a discount and points to buy the BP trio set because it was already such a good deal!  I like the spray and the conditioner, but the shampoo is not my favorite.  I feel like the spray will last forever!

You could always use mobile20, if you haven't used it yet, since the anniversary codes would have to coincide with how long you've been a Birchbox subscriber and whether or not you've already used the code.

I get a lot  more mileage out of the Beauty Protector spray by spraying it in my palm, then running through my hair (versus spraying directly into hair, where half of it ends up on the bathroom floor). 

And FWIW, the bottle is pretty big! Ounce for ounce, not too bad compared to some other products. I was an It's a 10 user for years, but it's spendy. I like Beauty Protector almost as much, but it's half the price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkpeonies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I get a lot  more mileage out of the Beauty Protector spray by spraying it in my palm, then running through my hair (versus spraying directly into hair, where half of it ends up on the bathroom floor). 

And FWIW, the bottle is pretty big! Ounce for ounce, not too bad compared to some other products. I was an It's a 10 user for years, but it's spendy. I like Beauty Protector almost as much, but it's half the price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've noticed a very slippery spot on the floor where I sprayed it on my hair, so thanks for the tip! I ended up ordering it using the code FIRST20OFF, it required a minimum order of $35 so I added the sparkle and shine cracker and L.A. Fresh antiperspirant wipes.

I've noticed a very slippery spot on the floor where I sprayed it on my hair, so thanks for the tip! I ended up ordering it using the code FIRST20OFF, it required a minimum order of $35 so I added the sparkle and shine cracker and L.A. Fresh antiperspirant wipes.
The slippery spot on our bedroom floor is from my leave in conditioner!  It's funny because it took me a minute to figure out why that spot was so slippery and not anywhere else.  

Hey ladies, I'm new to make up and I have kind of a dumb question. I got what appears to be a full sized Mally lip magnifier pencil in my box. My question... There is not much content visible, and though the bottom looks like it would twist more product up it doesn't. So, am I supposed to actually sharpen this pencil when it runs low? It seems to be made of plastic, how would I sharpen it?

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies, I'm new to make up and I have kind of a dumb question. I got what appears to be a full sized Mally lip magnifier pencil in my box. My question... There is not much content visible, and though the bottom looks like it would twist more product up it doesn't. So, am I supposed to actually sharpen this pencil when it runs low? It seems to be made of plastic, how would I sharpen it?
Yup, you sharpen it. Just get a makeup pencil sharpener (are you in Fred Meyer land?  Essence makes a good one that I believe is under two bucks, and as an added bonus, it has a cover, so shavings and bits of pencil color don't smear all over the place.  Actually, get two of them.  One will be for eye pencils, and one will be for lip pencils.  Do not use your lip pencil sharpener for your eye pencils!  That's a *fantastic* way to give yourself an eye infection) and use it like a regular pencil sharpener.  It's made out of plastic, but it's a soft plastic that sharpens with no problem.  I think just about all of my non-automatic makeup (eye *and* lip) pencils are plastic.  

Yup, you sharpen it. Just get a makeup pencil sharpener (are you in Fred Meyer land?  Essence makes a good one that I believe is under two bucks, and as an added bonus, it has a cover, so shavings and bits of pencil color don't smear all over the place.  Actually, get two of them.  One will be for eye pencils, and one will be for lip pencils.  Do not use your lip pencil sharpener for your eye pencils!  That's a *fantastic* way to give yourself an eye infection) and use it like a regular pencil sharpener.  It's made out of plastic, but it's a soft plastic that sharpens with no problem.  I think just about all of my non-automatic makeup (eye *and* lip) pencils are plastic.  
Thank you!

Back