Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month I had tried to refer my mom to subscribe to BB but age never recieved the message so I bought her a gift sub for her birthday and Christmas instead. We both recieved a message from BB apologizing about the referral not working and they added 100points to BOTH of our accounts! Neith of us said anything at all about the referral not working. Crazy! But I am itching to spend my points!!! Eek. I only have 200...need strength. Must. Resist.

I'd like everyone to know.....

Quote: Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like box 10 for me.  2 months in a row with tea.  Excited for the Bee lotion and the Dry Shampoo (this is my 5th in a year; but i love em').   Not sure what to think about the Vitvia since i have super sensitive skin...

Finally got my box last night.  I am SO IN LOVE with the Vitivia capsules.. I've only done the night and the day ones and already my skin feels great!!  The BeeKind smells good and goes on smooth; the dry shampoo smells great and I love the tea.  Only thing i didnt like is the Matte BB... just not a fan of matte. Overall; great month! 

I'm waiting on 2 Birchbox orders that shipped on Wednesday the 18th with 2-Day Priority Shipping ... Expected delivery date is Monday the 23rd. Grrr. And they're sitting in Kearny, NJ ... haven't departed the sort facility yet. Hmmm ...

So I finally made it to my parents house yesterday for winter break, and noticed I had 3 orders from birchbox waiting for me instead of two. It turns out they sent my mom her welcome box for her gift sub twice, they were literally the same exact box. So I took some extras that I wanted out of the second one(namely, the laqa lil lip i've been wanting one of these forever!).

My first box shipped via Newgitics on the 10th, it's taken a journey through 7 states and is currently in Flagstaff as of Thursday...stuff NEVER goes through Flag, it always comes through Phoenix. I was expecting it to be delivered today since Flag is only 2 hours away WTH! Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

How long does it take to get your first box?  December is supposed to be my first box.  I was charged on December 6.  In my account it still says "processing".

Quote: Originally Posted by Spazkatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first box shipped via Newgitics on the 10th, it's taken a journey through 7 states and is currently in Flagstaff as of Thursday...stuff NEVER goes through Flag, it always comes through Phoenix. I was expecting it to be delivered today since Flag is only 2 hours away WTH!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
I feel your pain.  My box has been hanging out in Fishers, IN since the 12th
pfeif.gif

Ugh, it bypassed me completely and went to Phoenix today, looks like I will MAYBE get it on Monday. What a silly system! Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Quote: Originally Posted by feemia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How long does it take to get your first box?  December is supposed to be my first box.  I was charged on December 6.  In my account it still says "processing".
Orders for subscriptions always say "processing" because it is an ongoing "order".

If you were charged on the 6th, your box should have shipped out about the 16th (if you're charged after the 1st (which is common for first boxes) the box goes out about ten days later).  It can take up to 10 business days to arrive.  Shipping has been a little slower because of the holidays right now.  You should be getting it soon.  Did you not get a tracking number/a tracking number on your account page?  If no, then email/call/direct message on Facebook them about it, and they should get back to you pretty quick.  January you should be charged on the 1st, and going forward... and your box should update to show what you're getting in your account and ship out by the 10th of the month.

Ugh, it bypassed me completely and went to Phoenix today, looks like I will MAYBE get it on Monday. What a silly system!

That's newgistics for ya!  I wonder why yours was sent that way, they normally ship out via UPS Mail Innovations, and don't take quiiite as long to arrive.  If it is still sitting in Phoenix with Newgistics, I'd say you might get it on Tuesday/Thursday... they still have to transfer it to the post office (which they're not quick about) , then sorting, then delivery.  I hope you get your box soon, and that you get a good variety!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally got my box last night.  I am SO IN LOVE with the Vitivia capsules.. I've only done the night and the day ones and already my skin feels great!!  The BeeKind smells good and goes on smooth; the dry shampoo smells great and I love the tea.  Only thing i didnt like is the Matte BB... just not a fan of matte. Overall; great month! 

I've tried the testers of the Matte BB product in Seph and wasn't impressed. The product had separated, and splooged out a gross liquid instead of a homogeneous product. When I finally dispensed enough to get to the pigment, even the Light shade was way too dark/orange, and looked very thick/unnatural (tho this is probably partially because it had separated). I tried a different tester in a different store, and it had separated as well.

Quote:Originally Posted by Spazkatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, it bypassed me completely and went to Phoenix today, looks like I will MAYBE get it on Monday. What a silly system!

That's newgistics for ya!  I wonder why yours was sent that way, they normally ship out via UPS Mail Innovations, and don't take quiiite as long to arrive.  If it is still sitting in Phoenix with Newgistics, I'd say you might get it on Tuesday/Thursday... they still have to transfer it to the post office (which they're not quick about) , then sorting, then delivery.  I hope you get your box soon, and that you get a good variety!  :)
Thanks for the warning! I can't believe how long shipping is taking, it's WAY worse than ipsy ever is. I usualy get my ipsy bag by the 17th at the very latest! Maybe the holidays are slowing it down? Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's newgistics for ya!  I wonder why yours was sent that way, they normally ship out via UPS Mail Innovations, and don't take quiiite as long to arrive.  If it is still sitting in Phoenix with Newgistics, I'd say you might get it on Tuesday/Thursday... they still have to transfer it to the post office (which they're not quick about) , then sorting, then delivery.  I hope you get your box soon, and that you get a good variety!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the warning! I can't believe how long shipping is taking, it's WAY worse than ipsy ever is. I usualy get my ipsy bag by the 17th at the very latest! Maybe the holidays are slowing it down?

The holidays have the postal service an absolute disaster...2 day priority mail is even taking up to 2 weeks (I speak from experience, bah!)

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I first remember seeing it in stores as a kid in the 80's. It WAS considered a semi-high end, luxury item at least from what I remember. I mostly saw their lotions in small boutiques and stuff. I'm just not a fan of their products more-so because of the scents they offer. the lotions do work really well if you can find a scent you like.
They have a line of unscented products called Vitamin E unscented! https://camillebeckman.com/fragrance/vitamin-e-unscented I have been playing around on the web site after reading y'all's notes about Camille Beckham. It does seem like a very nice line of products. I'd love to try a lotion. 

Who we are local roots and global appeal
GiftshopWeb.jpg
Camille Beckman has been handcrafting the world’s finest creams and lotions since 1986. Although we have seen immense growth in the last 27 years, we have remained committed to small business values and are proud to be a thriving woman owned and family operated business located in the small town of Eagle, Idaho.

What we do Why are our creams simply the best? It’s in the jar! We base our formulas on rich and wholesome ingredients, blending small batches and using hand-crafted, old-fashioned methods that create a difference you can feel. Indeed, our most popular product, Glycerine Hand Therapyâ„¢, has been ranked one of the best selling personal care products on the market and is proven to leave your hands feeling like never before.

Where we do it All of our products are made in our 105,000 sq ft state-of-the-art factory, located in the same building as our offices, providing a cohesive link between management and production. In 2004, the Camille Beckman facility was awarded the Better Bricks Award for the Pacific Northwest due to its innovative design and conservation of natural resources. On average, it runs on about 30% of the energy typically used in a similar sized factory; enabled by our ‘reduce and reuse’ production policies and the use of abundant local resources.

Orders for subscriptions always say "processing" because it is an ongoing "order". If you were charged on the 6th, your box should have shipped out about the 16th (if you're charged after the 1st (which is common for first boxes) the box goes out about ten days later).  It can take up to 10 business days to arrive.  Shipping has been a little slower because of the holidays right now.  You should be getting it soon.  Did you not get a tracking number/a tracking number on your account page?  If no, then email/call/direct message on Facebook them about it, and they should get back to you pretty quick.  January you should be charged on the 1st, and going forward... and your box should update to show what you're getting in your account and ship out by the 10th of the month.
Thanks, I contacted them because there is no tracking number and I haven't received shipping confirmation. This is the response I got: "Your Birchbox can take up to 10 days to process after your initial order, and you will receive an estimated shipping date on your order confirmation. You will receive tracking information as soon as it ships." I tried calling them and got an answering machine. I'm about ready to cancel and I haven't even received my 1st box.

Thanks, I contacted them because there is no tracking number and I haven't received shipping confirmation. This is the response I got: "Your Birchbox can take up to 10 days to process after your initial order, and you will receive an estimated shipping date on your order confirmation. You will receive tracking information as soon as it ships." I tried calling them and got an answering machine. I'm about ready to cancel and I haven't even received my 1st box.
My biggest complaint with BB is that the shipping takes so long. I don't think the 1st box usually takes that long tho... I can't remember. I'm sure it's only because of the holidays. Your box should show up soon! I wonder if BB staff are off for holidays already too. I'd give it till the 2nd.

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My biggest complaint with BB is that the shipping takes so long. I don't think the 1st box usually takes that long tho... I can't remember. I'm sure it's only because of the holidays. Your box should show up soon! I wonder if BB staff are off for holidays already too. I'd give it till the 2nd.

Quote: Originally Posted by feemia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, I contacted them because there is no tracking number and I haven't received shipping confirmation.

This is the response I got:

"Your Birchbox can take up to 10 days to process after your initial order, and you will receive an estimated shipping date on your order confirmation. You will receive tracking information as soon as it ships."

I tried calling them and got an answering machine.

I'm about ready to cancel and I haven't even received my 1st box.

It is irritating, especially since it is the first box, but I agree it is probably because the holidays.  Everything is backed up and taking longer.  I've also received better customer support from BB than what you were told-you must have gotten one of the "lesser" agents replying.  Things aren't usually this bad on a regular basis though.

Does your online account show your box contents?  (when you log in, the "box" tab across the top, choose women's box)  I'd raise a stink at this point if it hasn't shipped and you were charged on the 6th.  I'd demand points instead of the box, since it is so late and January's box is about to charge/ship soon. But I'm short fused on this type of stuff, I don't have tolerance for run arounds, lol.

Back