Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha.. this is the Birchbox December thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  First spoiler up on the Julep swap board!

1474572_10153573220650567_1725652689_n.jpg

Glad I passed, tbh. Not that I don't think it's a good deal still, but it doesn't super excite me XD

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omigosh thanks for letting me know. /o i'm having super ADHD days. I literally walked outside to put a package, then walked inside, sat down, and realized I didn't put up the stupid little flag. !@$!*)#( Anyway, deleteing and reposting int he right thread

ugh 4realz new year's resolution: going to see a real doctor to talk about my ADHD and other things. CRY REAL HEALTH INSURANCE IS AWESOME

I finally got to open my box and The Betty Polish leaked. It left this weird grease-like mark on the tissue paper and the bottom of the box. The polish was dry looking... But I don't know what it is supposed to look like. I am especially sad because I love saving and reusing the boxes and this one was so pretty. I emailed CS about it so we will see what they do.

Well, my first box is on the way, this is what I am getting. I am excited, I am getting chocolate! I honestly don't care what else in in the box as long as I have chocolate  lol!

bb68_385x385_1.jpg

These are the items I got in my very first Birchbox! I'm really happy with the manna kaddar and the beauty protector- I REALLY wanted to try both of those! The Chuao flavor I got was "Pop" which was surprisingly good...I was a little skeptical of the pop rock things! The chapstick was an awesome extra, because I'm constantly losing them...I haven't tried the Embryolisse yet.

The atelier cologne was in a separate coated bag, and at first I was bummed because the little vial was half empty...but then I tried some on...and now I'm sort of ok with it being half empty because I can definitely live without it! It's not my favorite scent...

Quote: Originally Posted by itsMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are the items I got in my very first Birchbox! I'm really happy with the manna kaddar and the beauty protector- I REALLY wanted to try both of those! The Chuao flavor I got was "Pop" which was surprisingly good...I was a little skeptical of the pop rock things! The chapstick was an awesome extra, because I'm constantly losing them...I haven't tried the Embryolisse yet.

The atelier cologne was in a separate coated bag, and at first I was bummed because the little vial was half empty...but then I tried some on...and now I'm sort of ok with it being half empty because I can definitely live without it! It's not my favorite scent...
thats a really really good box!!!!  I want to try that perfume so bad.

I received my main account box today: didn't get the phone wipe that it seems that so many got. I got box 78:

• Greenleaf Starlight Candle -- very fragrant
  • Honest healing balm - I had a sample of this from the Honest Co discovery kit and I'm almost out, so I'm happy to get an extra
  • Nelson Beverly Hills Argan Oil Non-Foaming Shampoo - I love sulfate free shampoos so happy to try it
  • Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion - tried some on my hand and it doesn't appear very shimmery to me. that's fine though. I'll use it regardless
  • Betty & Ko - the Betty Polish - I had to log in and see what this was since it was in a small brown jar with no label or anything to indicate what it was...odd

On my second account, it appears the box is MIA. I just logged in to check the tracking today and apparently, it should have been delivered on the 14th. No tracking after the post office received it on the 10th. I sent BB an email. Frankly, I wouldn't be disappointed if they sent me a different box...I wasn't crazy about the one I was supposed to get anyway (pretzels, luluorganics, benta-berry cleanser, secret agent lip gloss & Beekind lotion-box 40).

Just not my month...my Popsugar LE box mistakenly never got sent out and now BB is missing too.

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am REALLY happy! I didn't know what to expect after some of the other reviews on this thread, but for it being my intro to birchbox, I'm thrilled!

And I have to say, after having the perfume on for a little while now, it has definitely settled and I kind of like it! Now I'm bummed out that the vial was half empty!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am REALLY happy! I didn't know what to expect after some of the other reviews on this thread, but for it being my intro to birchbox, I'm thrilled!

And I have to say, after having the perfume on for a little while now, it has definitely settled and I kind of like it! Now I'm bummed out that the vial was half empty!

email or call them they have amazing cs i'm sure they will send you a new one or give you points

It is a wonderful perfume. I just bought a bottle with points.

So, my tracking says the post office delivered my package today, but they did not deliver it to me. One of my neighbors may have gotten it. If it isn't in my mail tomorrow, then I will email birchbox.

I'm in columbus too (Reynoldsburg). And mine has has said in columbus since the 10th as well. But still no box!! Hmmmm.

This has nothing to do with Birchbox but I just wanted to share that today I was part of the shooting in Reno. Hearing the screams and being in the chaos all day has reminded me to appreciate the little things in life. One of my colleagues was killed and our community is now attempting to heal and process through this all. 

Once I was finally released from lock down, I went home. My mom came over and we decided to go to the opposite end of town to do some simple shopping to get our minds off the days events. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom and I could tell in her eyes that it meant the world to her to share this small moment in the wake of what had just happened. Life is so precious and unpredictable.

Ladies please give your loved ones an extra big hug today. I look forward to a new year and all the treasures and moments that it may bring, big or small. 
heart.gif

PS: I apologize if this is off topic, but I see many people post some of their life events on here and I just wanted to share with you MUT ladies and also vent a little to help me with this insomnia. 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This has nothing to do with Birchbox but I just wanted to share that today I was part of the shooting in Reno. Hearing the screams and being in the chaos all day has reminded me to appreciate the little things in life. One of my colleagues was killed and our community is now attempting to heal and process through this all. 

Once I was finally released from lock down, I went home. My mom came over and we decided to go to the opposite end of town to do some simple shopping to get our minds off the days events. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom and I could tell in her eyes that it meant the world to her to share this small moment in the wake of what had just happened. Life is so precious and unpredictable.

Ladies please give your loved ones an extra big hug today. I look forward to a new year and all the treasures and moments that it may bring, big or small. 
heart.gif

PS: I apologize if this is off topic, but I see many people post some of their life events on here and I just wanted to share with you MUT ladies and also vent a little to help me with this insomnia. 

AHH, I've been following this on the news all day! Just terrible. There is literally not a single safe place in the world anymore. SO GLAD YOU ARE OK. Can't even imagine how scary and overwhelming today must have been for you. If I knew you in real life. you'd be getting a hug right now! 

This has nothing to do with Birchbox but I just wanted to share that today I was part of the shooting in Reno. Hearing the screams and being in the chaos all day has reminded me to appreciate the little things in life. One of my colleagues was killed and our community is now attempting to heal and process through this all.  Once I was finally released from lock down, I went home. My mom came over and we decided to go to the opposite end of town to do some simple shopping to get our minds off the days events. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom and I could tell in her eyes that it meant the world to her to share this small moment in the wake of what had just happened. Life is so precious and unpredictable. Ladies please give your loved ones an extra big hug today. I look forward to a new year and all the treasures and moments that it may bring, big or small. :heart:   PS: I apologize if this is off topic, but I see many people post some of their life events on here and I just wanted to share with you MUT ladies and also vent a little to help me with this insomnia. 
oh my goodness. I'm so glad you are ok and my heart hurts for you and your colleagues and their families. sending you a huge hug through the web. I wish you and your family a safe holiday.

heart.gif

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that...my condolences on the loss of your colleague.

heart.gif

I have no words for what you are going through right now, but you and everyone effected will be in my thoughts and prayers.

heart.gif

I'm so sorry you had to experience that, but I'm really glad you are safe. 

heart.gif

So sorry you had to experience something so horrific. I agree, "Life is so precious and unpredictable". Thanks for the reminder. I'm sending healing vibes your way. 

This has nothing to do with Birchbox but I just wanted to share that today I was part of the shooting in Reno. Hearing the screams and being in the chaos all day has reminded me to appreciate the little things in life. One of my colleagues was killed and our community is now attempting to heal and process through this all.  Once I was finally released from lock down, I went home. My mom came over and we decided to go to the opposite end of town to do some simple shopping to get our minds off the days events. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom and I could tell in her eyes that it meant the world to her to share this small moment in the wake of what had just happened. Life is so precious and unpredictable. Ladies please give your loved ones an extra big hug today. I look forward to a new year and all the treasures and moments that it may bring, big or small. :heart:   PS: I apologize if this is off topic, but I see many people post some of their life events on here and I just wanted to share with you MUT ladies and also vent a little to help me with this insomnia. 
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm so glad you are safe. My condolences on your loss. You are right, life is precious. We must all be greatful for what we have. Sending my love and hugs.

heart.gif

I'm so sorry you had to experience that.  I'm glad you're safe, and thank you for the reminder about the fragility of life.  Sending thoughts your way and hoping that everyone who was affected (and especially you!) can start to heal during this difficult time.

Latest posts

Back