Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This has nothing to do with Birchbox but I just wanted to share that today I was part of the shooting in Reno. Hearing the screams and being in the chaos all day has reminded me to appreciate the little things in life. One of my colleagues was killed and our community is now attempting to heal and process through this all. 

Once I was finally released from lock down, I went home. My mom came over and we decided to go to the opposite end of town to do some simple shopping to get our minds off the days events. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with my mom and I could tell in her eyes that it meant the world to her to share this small moment in the wake of what had just happened. Life is so precious and unpredictable.

Ladies please give your loved ones an extra big hug today. I look forward to a new year and all the treasures and moments that it may bring, big or small. 
heart.gif

PS: I apologize if this is off topic, but I see many people post some of their life events on here and I just wanted to share with you MUT ladies and also vent a little to help me with this insomnia. 
So sorry you are having to deal with such a traumatic loss of a colleague.  Sending lots of hugs and good wishes your way.  

Hi ladies - i'm new here!

I just signed up for birchbox and got a 3-month gift subscription for my mom for xmas. The box just arrived and I opened it because I was dying to see what my mom would be getting :p Unfortunately, it's really bad...

3 tea packets, a crappy nail polish, a perfume sample and a sheer glow shimmer lotion that's as small as the perfume sample. I'm embarassed to give this to her! I can't believe this is "worth" $10.  Do some people just end up with really bad boxes? I had read a lot of reviews prior to ordering and it seemed like most of the boxes were great and samples were bigger than my pinky... 

I know this has happened to some of you before - I got a totally different box than was listed on my account. I'm not mad or anything, the surprise was actually pretty awesome, but as far as getting my points and whatnot, should I just review the other items?

Also, I had gotten an e-mail about the Rifle Paper Co. note cards that were an add-on to this month's box. I never added them, but all of a sudden they were billed to my account. I spoke with customer service and they refunded me right away. (They have always been superstars, in my eyes.) BUT it looks like I ended up getting them anyway! Merry Christmas to me?!

So here's my first box. It's certainly not bad, but I've seen plenty of other stuff I'd rather have. I'm excited to give the shampoo a try and the hand cream. Though I wish the hand cream was in a tube.

Hi ladies - i'm new here! I just signed up for birchbox and got a 3-month gift subscription for my mom for xmas. The box just arrived and I opened it because I was dying to see what my mom would be getting :p Unfortunately, it's really bad... 3 tea packets, a crappy nail polish, a perfume sample and a sheer glow shimmer lotion that's as small as the perfume sample. I'm embarassed to give this to her! I can't believe this is "worth" $10.  Do some people just end up with really bad boxes? I had read a lot of reviews prior to ordering and it seemed like most of the boxes were great and samples were bigger than my pinky... 
I'm so sorry you aren't happy with your box. Sometimes you do end up with a bad for you box. My first couple of boxes were bad. I tweaked my profile. I've been pretty happy since then. It does seem that that box is a little light for a starter box. I would email them and see what they will do.

So...I tried the Sarah Potempa Half Up today and I am completely floored by the fact that I absolutely love it...totally wasn't expecting that. Maybe my hair has just the right combination of thin/thickness for it to be effective?...

I just got my box (#53) and I was a little upset that my twistband I received was from the nautical collection. It's the middle of winter, why would I want a ponytail holder with seahorses on it? Also the review product for my box was a completely different collection so I'm not sure what was going on there. Did this happen to anyone else? The rest of my box was okay otherwise.

Quick Questions.  I gifted 2 subs to start in December when BB did the 100 point promo.  I already got my BB (it came via UPS Mail innovations).  One of my gift recipents has not got her box.  I live in CA she lives in the midwest.  I then remembered they sent me an email stating they were sending the subs on Dec 10th.  When I checked today I saw they were shipping them Newgisitics.  is that normal?  Will it be like that every month?  Do they ship Newgisitics based on where the box is going? TIA!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quick Questions.  I gifted 2 subs to start in December when BB did the 100 point promo.  I already got my BB (it came via UPS Mail innovations).  One of my gift recipents has not got her box.  I live in CA she lives in the midwest.  I then remembered they sent me an email stating they were sending the subs on Dec 10th.  When I checked today I saw they were shipping them Newgisitics.  is that normal?  Will it be like that every month?  Do they ship Newgisitics based on where the box is going? TIA!
I ordered a gift sub and had the first box sent to me and it was sent before my normal subscription but I received it after because they sent it Newgisitics. I think they send gift subs via that the first time maybe

Quote: Originally Posted by katsiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ordered a gift sub and had the first box sent to me and it was sent before my normal subscription but I received it after because they sent it Newgisitics. I think they send gift subs via that the first time maybe
Good to know thanks!  I have never gifted a sub before, so I was not sure if it was "normal" or not.  One of my giftees got hers yesterday the other has a delivery date range of 12/16-12/18 (yeah it's not making those dates!)  I told her to let me know if she doesn't have it by Saturday and I will follow up with BB CS.  

Hi ladies, thanks for all the support today. Just wanted to let you all know that if you liked the Chuao chocolates in your Birchbox, or wanted to get them but didn't, they have them at World Market now. They are $4.99 and they typically have 10% or 20% off coupons especially for their loyalty rewards members. I got some for $4.49 each today. 

This is really odd - I received my box yesterday and the Laqa lip pencil was completely extended and jammed into the cap. Did anyone else receive theirs like this? Also, is this the full size lip product or a deluxe sample? I don't think would spend this much on a lip pencil with such a poorly made tube. 

This is my third red lipstick in nine months from BB. Maybe time for a little profile changing :) 

This is really odd - I received my box yesterday and the Laqa lip pencil was completely extended and jammed into the cap. Did anyone else receive theirs like this? Also, is this the full size lip product or a deluxe sample? I don't think would spend this much on a lip pencil with such a poorly made tube.  This is my third red lipstick in nine months from BB. Maybe time for a little profile changing :) 
It's the mini. It's the same size you get if you get the duo, but much smaller than the full size you can buy individually.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi ladies, thanks for all the support today. Just wanted to let you all know that if you liked the Chuao chocolates in your Birchbox, or wanted to get them but didn't, they have them at World Market now. They are $4.99 and they typically have 10% or 20% off coupons especially for their loyalty rewards members. I got some for $4.49 each today.
I found the Honeycomb and Potato Chip at my local Target! Just thought I'd throw that out there as well. They were also $4.99.

@RenoFab I'm so glad you're okay, you'll be in my thoughts as you and your coworkers deal with your loss and the trauma of this terrible event.

So here's my first box. It's certainly not bad, but I've seen plenty of other stuff I'd rather have. I'm excited to give the shampoo a try and the hand cream. Though I wish the hand cream was in a tube.
My box just came, which is great, my tracking never updated. I have completely changed my mind and I love it. I saw more make up products in other boxes or other hair products I thought I'd like. Well after having this in hand, smelling everything, I'm happy! Still think the hand lotion should come in a tube though.

I know this is the December thread but I have to tell tal about how wonderful my customer service experience was. So I placed an order via the app on my sisters account for a philosophy moisturizer and the jouer tinted moisturizer. Well the app was being weird and said my order didn't go through so I tried again twice before it was successful. Then I got 3 order confirmations. I immediately emailed BB and asked them to cancel the second 2 orders. They were really nice and said only the 1st went through. Today I got 3 orders instead of 1. I checked my account and I was only charged once. I emailed them to let them know that I received 2 duplicates and will mail them back. Jenni replied and told me to keep them! How sweet was that? I love BB.

I still haven't gotten my box. I emailed them. It was supposedly sent to the post office on the 15th but the tracking never updated. I really wanted to try what was in that box.

Quote: Originally Posted by katsiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my box (#53) and I was a little upset that my twistband I received was from the nautical collection. It's the middle of winter, why would I want a ponytail holder with seahorses on it? Also the review product for my box was a completely different collection so I'm not sure what was going on there. Did this happen to anyone else? The rest of my box was okay otherwise.

Maybe it's their Resort Collection? 
rotfl.gif

Latest posts

Back