Birchbox: July 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrr!!!!

That blows!!! Maybe you'll get the box you want now? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

The post office lost my boxes. I contacted Birchbox on Saturday and got my reply this afternoon. The boxes were lost in transit - weird since there are freaking tracking numbers attached - so Birchbox is sending out replacement boxes for both my daughter and self since both items were apparently lost.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grrr!!!!

That blows!!! Maybe you'll get the box you want now? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't blame Birchbox for the mishap. Once it's with the USPS it's up to our lovely government workers to make sure it's sent and updated on time. I doubt I'll get a different box I have a feeling it'll be the same but who knows. *crosses fingers*

Yeah don't even get me started on USPS gripes.. that's a brand new 5-page thread right there lol.

I don't blame Birchbox for the mishap. Once it's with the USPS it's up to our lovely government workers to make sure it's sent and updated on time. I doubt I'll get a different box I have a feeling it'll be the same but who knows. *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you keep your sleeve, lklmail?  I'd imagine that most people would probably end up tossing the container stuff (box, tissue paper, sleeve, etc) after they've gotten to the real stuff inside.  Doesn't seem worth getting all too upset over as long as the inside wasn't empty too lol.
I did keep the sleeve. I thought it was very pretty. I just meant that I would be mad if everyone else got this prettily packaged box and all I got was a plain box; just didn't seem fair for most of us to get something that she didn't. That's all. I won't keep the box and sleeve forever; will probably use it for Christmas gifts. But I was just indignant for her sake because that didn't make sense to me that they didn't package them all as nicely as mine was. (And I wouldn't be truly mad; I was being a little over--dramatic for the sake of, well, drama. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW, those who got the Zoya; what color did you get? I finally did my nails tonight with the Shay. It's a very pretty metallic beige, no pink tone. One of the other ones looked like it had some pink. Just curious what everyone thought of their color. I agree with Cynthia that this shade will be good with summer's brighter fashions.

I love the Redken Shine spray, it does really seem to help my dry and frizzy hair. The only problem is how STRONG the smell is. Anyone else notice this? I get a slight headache after I use it!! i put it on over an hour ago and that's all I can smell!

So Birchbox sent out a new confirmation to my daughter and I'm of course still waiting for mine. lol

On a side note they finally sent out emails on the big $38 box by Cynthia Rowley, which in my opinion some of the items in it should have been in the normal $10 box.

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the Redken Shine spray, it does really seem to help my dry and frizzy hair. The only problem is how STRONG the smell is. Anyone else notice this? I get a slight headache after I use it!! i put it on over an hour ago and that's all I can smell!

Yeah, I agree with you. I like the spray but I can't stand how strong the smell is.

Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I agree with you. I like the spray but I can't stand how strong the smell is.
I thought maybe I was the only one! I smell like I'm wearing old lady perfume!

Yeah, I think it smells awful to be honest.

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put on the hand lotion and it has a kinda strong scent too. Maybe I need to take my Zyrtec!!

Sucks about the Redken because I really like it!

My sister-in-laws box was lost this month too.  Its her first box so she's a little leary about keeping her subscription. 

Originally Posted by lklmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW, those who got the Zoya; what color did you get? I finally did my nails tonight with the Shay. It's a very pretty metallic beige, no pink tone. One of the other ones looked like it had some pink. Just curious what everyone thought of their color. I agree with Cynthia that this shade will be good with summer's brighter fashions.

I got the Shay in mine and am wearing it right now.  Its really pretty and I will be re-ordering it in the full size 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My sister-in-laws box was lost this month too.  Its her first box so she's a little leary about keeping her subscription. 
Let her know it wasn't Birchbox's fault that the package was lost. The fault lies with their shipping company and that Birchbox is investigating why so many boxes were lost. Paulina at Birchbox was my contact there and sent out replacements on Monday and those arrived today (I double checked the tracking numbers on the boxes and it was the replacements not the originals). I'm very impressed with their customer service.

As for the boxes. I did indeed get box 1 and my daughter got box 6. Her foundation was in medium and my polish was Shay. The Kind bar was actually pretty good, a bit sweet for me but we eat those types of bars all the time.

I'll have my full blog report and video up tomorrow.

I know we're not allowed to link referrals but anyone who wants to sign up can go to my blog, click Birchbox and click on the link. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I get 50 pts for every person who uses my referral link to sign up. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you don't then simply go to www.birchbox.com and sign up. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cost: $10 per month

Cancel at any time.

Items you get: Random - four to five samples.

I love getting my monthly Birchbox in the mail !!!!  My mom is my best friend but sadly she's all the way in Florida, so I send her a box every month. We wait until we both have received the boxes in order to open them and share our opinions on the items we get. It has become something we look forward to every month and it's a fun bonding experience we can have even though we are miles away :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is the second time I received the Ahava hand cream within a few months, and I can't give feedback on it again. I'm annoyed to miss out on the feedback points! Anyone else have this issue? I got a Zoya polish 2 boxes ago too. Not very impressed 6 months in. Not sure if it's worth it.

Originally Posted by AliciaMLay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the second time I received the Ahava hand cream within a few months, and I can't give feedback on it again. I'm annoyed to miss out on the feedback points! Anyone else have this issue? I got a Zoya polish 2 boxes ago too. Not very impressed 6 months in. Not sure if it's worth it.

You might contact their customer service about that, according to them, you shouldn't be getting repeat samples in your boxes.  They do repeat some samples over time within their boxes, but that's because everybody doesn't get every sample that comes out that month...so they might have a specific sample in May, June, and July, but if it's not in your box in May or June, then it's still new to you in July.  But you shouldn't get the same sample in your box every month.

Back