Birchbox: July 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yaya.gif

Glad you guys finally got your boxes!!

Mmmmm... french fries.  LOL!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yaya.gif

Glad you guys finally got your boxes!!

Mmmmm... french fries.  LOL!
They were good too Dream!!!!!!!! (McDonalds )  

LOL Looks like Box 1 is the most popular one they sent out! LOL I would have loved box 10.

This was my first and yea I was hoping for makeup I watched the june ones and wish I would have found about this a month sooner! this is what I got..

I can't say Im too excited about anything in this box in particular.. the nailpolish is cool because its pretty neutral and I can wear it to work.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats on signing up!

I'm not experiencing that problem. Have you tried viewing the site with a different browser?
I have tried 3 different browzers and I'm not having any luck with any of them!  I can't buy what I can't see. Lauren from Birchbox suggested if I really like the description of something, to google it and then get a better idea of what the product is.  I don't like to have to do that.  The website should just work!  I'm thinking about downloading google chrome, maybe that will work for me.  Who knows, I'm not giving up yet!

I signed up for a year's worth at one time.  So convenient and glad to only have to pay once!  Nice option, really. Thanks for all the well wishes and welcoming me to Birchbox.  Makes me happy to have so many kind words said! Thanks again!

The stuff in your box wasn't wrapped? But you had the marbelized sleeve on the box, didn't you? I was so impressed with the packaging: first the pretty sleeve, then the entire contents enveloped in tissue, and the Purity and Zoya wrapped together in their own piece of tissue and even tied with a pretty black grosgrain ribbon! It seemed like a gift from a friend rather than a mass-market mailing....reminded me of Secret Santa here on MuT!

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, it didnt :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What you see in my video is what I see for the first time (all I do is cut the tape before filming, but I open everything on cam)

That's how I joined; I saw the thread for the June box, and after reading I immediately signed up for July!

Originally Posted by MakeupofDesire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to Birchbox!  I feel the love!  Thanks again so much for being so kind.  I can't wait to join in and talk about what I receive next month! I'm so excited! Thanks for whoever originally posted this thread.  If it wasn't for that, I would never have known what a birchbox is! LOL  Glad to be part of the group!

Originally Posted by lklmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The stuff in your box wasn't wrapped? But you had the marbelized sleeve on the box, didn't you? I was so impressed with the packaging: first the pretty sleeve, then the entire contents enveloped in tissue, and the Purity and Zoya wrapped together in their own piece of tissue and even tied with a pretty black grosgrain ribbon! It seemed like a gift from a friend rather than a mass-market mailing....reminded me of Secret Santa here on MuT!
Hehe, scroll up and watch my video; the stuff inside was wrapped, but my box didn't come in the pretty sleeve =/

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif...my box didn't come in the pretty sleeve =/

That is odd since that sleeve was part of the Birchboxes for July.

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think so too. But oh well! It's the stuff inside that matters, right? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's great that you're okay with it. I would be MAD! LOL

did you keep your sleeve, lklmail?  I'd imagine that most people would probably end up tossing the container stuff (box, tissue paper, sleeve, etc) after they've gotten to the real stuff inside.  Doesn't seem worth getting all too upset over as long as the inside wasn't empty too lol.

I didn't get my box until July 15th (friday). I got an email the friday before that they were shipping it. I live in Ohio, so that's crazy it took so long! Either way it was for the best because I was out of town. When I got the mail Saturday the Redken was SUPER hot LOL I was worried it would explode! It's been hot as hell here.

This was my first box and I was excited about it! The hand cream is good, the shine spray seems to help my hair (but the scent is STRONG), I've been wanting to try a nude and I love the polish they sent, the face wash makes my face sooo smooth! I haven't ate the bar yet though.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Kiki.. yeah, sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> also still waiting for my beauty.com order that I placed on JULY 5!!!!! lol

When I ordered from them, it took 2 or 3 weeks, I was very disappointed about how slow it was!

I'm hoping our boxes come tomorrow. My daughter received a confirmation from them last Friday (over a week ago) and I received mine last Sunday (one week ago). The tracking numbers for both boxes has no information on where the packages are. I'm hoping the boxes will be here tomorrow. I did email Birchbox on Friday about it but haven't heard back and doubt I will until tomorrow at the earliest..

Yeah I can't believe how awful their shipping is. I ordered the stuff at 8am on July 5th.. they didn't ship it out until July 8th.. then the tracking information said that it was sitting at my post office for 4 days before they even delivered it. I complained about it on my twitter and someone from beauty.com saw it and emailed me with an apology, which was nice.

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I ordered from them, it took 2 or 3 weeks, I was very disappointed about how slow it was!

I live in New Jersey and it took a week for me to get it from the day I got the shipping info!  It just sat at the post office in the town next to me for almost a week!  So annoying.  Anyway, I got box #9.  I am happy about it but would have liked the nail polish or the powder.

icon_cry.gif

The post office lost my boxes. I contacted Birchbox on Saturday and got my reply this afternoon. The boxes were lost in transit - weird since there are freaking tracking numbers attached - so Birchbox is sending out replacement boxes for both my daughter and self since both items were apparently lost.

Label/Receipt Number: #### #### #### #### #### ##

There is no record of this item.
Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

Back