Birchbox: July 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know we could see a preview *running over to birchbox to see* 
15hg.gif

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We should all be banished to the island of misfit birchboxes!

Agreed lol.  Truthfully though, I'll be able to use everything in here.  The Ahava will go in my purse (always have to have hand cream handy), the Philosophy will clean my brushes, the Redken will shine my hair even more and I like neutrals so I'm hoping the Zoya will look pretty on my nails.  As for the snack, it will go in the hubby's lunchbag.  Not super impressed but I'll use it all.

I guess since I'm new to Birchbox and didn't know what to expect, I "don't know any better" to be disappointed that I got "the reject box." But I think the whole concept of Birchbox is great -- you don't know ahead of time what the possibilities are, so you're surprised each time, like Christmas. For $10, it's like a mini-gift to yourself each month. And I think it's wonderful that they 1) include tips in the box and on the site on how to use everything, 2) give you free shipping on anything from the box you want a bigger size of, and 3) reward people for reviewing the items to help others decide if they want to buy it in the future.

So since I'm new and don't have a history with Birchbox, how do they usually decide what goes in the box each month? This month, they had a guest curator who picked everything. I wonder if this will be a trend in the future? Pretty cool if so. And I'm saving the box -- it will be great to wrap a gift in if nothing else. I'm happy I joined Birchbox, and I have friends at MuT for letting me know about this great program!

Off to paint my nails with some Zoya Shay....

*ahem*  Did you know this?

Spend $25, Get a Cynthia Rowley Ring !!

It doesn’t get much cuter than these oversized bow rings by designer Cynthia Rowley. Made of brightly colored resin, they’re an easy way to add a little fun to any outfit. We can’t decide which color we like best! 

How it Works

To claim your Bow Ring, all you need to do is spend $25 or more in full-size products (subscriptions do not apply). Make sure to use the code ‘cynthiaring’ at checkout. Unfortunately you cannot specify the color of your gift. Please note that the ring will not appear in your cart, but you will receive it with the products in your order.

Expert Take

This ring comes in one size — if it’s too big or too small, do as we do and wear it on a chain around your neck!

I did NOT!  So I didnt enter my code at check out and WILL NOT be getting a ring!  
icon_cry.gif

sadno.gif

Oh thats awesome!!! Dream why dont you email their customer service and ask them if they can do anything for you? They're really nice.

Thanks for the encouragement GirlyE... I sent them this message:  *Cross my fingers*  
bunny3.gif
 <------ yeah, I couldn't find crossing fingers so I figured a lucky rabbit would do the job. LOL!

[SIZE=medium]I placed an order this morning and just heard about the Cynthia Ring through Facebook!  When I placed the order online, I went thru "My Account" and didn’t see the ad for the ring![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Is there any chance I can add it to my order?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Let me know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Order No. 1000XXXXX[/SIZE]

Soooooooooooo.....

Last night I had a 5K race and when I got home I was soo incredibly grimy that I washed with my S/O's soap!  Eeeeek!  Needless to say I was sore and tired and to add to misery I had dried out my skin from using hot water and Irish Spring 50,000 times over and over.

The result was using the NUXE oil that I got in my Birchbox and I have to say, I was impressed...  the smell in the bottle is tolerable; however, once it warms up on your skin its very nice - soothing even.  It's a feminine floral scent and I couldn't put my finger on it, but it did dry up to a woody note.

The oil was not greasy - it had a silky feel to it, and my skin soaked it up pretty well.  I was able to message in for a few minutes before it was completely soaked up.

It surprised me - I used it all over my body and my cousin commented on the scent as she walked by the hallway (I was in my bedroom) - yeah - it was THAT strong.

So, with that said, I say give it a try and don't judge it by the scent in the bottle.  Use it one night on your legs or something and you might end up liking it.

Yeah, so - here's the Blurb on it (from Birchbox):

A blend of six different essential oils, including Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut, and Macadamia, this multi-purpose oil hydrates skin and gives it a velvety sheen. In addition to the natural reparative plant oils, the formula also includes a good dose of healing vitamin E.

@Girly - Did you get yours yet? I'm thinking mine will come today but who knows??????

If I am to sign up for Birchbox today, will I still get a July Birchbox?  And how long does it take for the boxes to ship out?  Are they fast with shipping, or is it truly snail mail? LOL I'm thinking I want to sign up for the year membership.  What are you all's thoughts? TIA!

No, if you sign up today you'll get an August box when they ship out.

They ship out boxes on the 10th of the month out of new york via snail mail - so depending on where you live it could take a couple weeks or more for you to get it.

This is my third month and I'm thoroughly happy with the program.  Everything they have sent me to date has been utilized in some form or another.  If I know that I absolutely will not try something - then I give it to my immediate circle of family/friends - which in turns makes them happy.

I did the one years subscription only because its easier for me to do... and I only had to deal with a one time credit card charge - but that is strictly personal preference.

Originally Posted by MakeupofDesire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I am to sign up for Birchbox today, will I still get a July Birchbox?  And how long does it take for the boxes to ship out?  Are they fast with shipping, or is it truly snail mail? LOL I'm thinking I want to sign up for the year membership.  What are you all's thoughts? TIA!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, if you sign up today you'll get an August box when they ship out.

They ship out boxes on the 10th of the month out of new york via snail mail - so depending on where you live it could take a couple weeks or more for you to get it.

This is my third month and I'm thoroughly happy with the program.  Everything they have sent me to date has been utilized in some form or another.  If I know that I absolutely will not try something - then I give it to my immediate circle of family/friends - which in turns makes them happy.

I did the one years subscription only because its easier for me to do... and I only had to deal with a one time credit card charge - but that is strictly personal preference.
Unfortunately anyone who wanted the July box are out of luck since the deadline to order was June 30. I believe the deadline to get in on August's box is August 29 or 30th.

I just got off the phone with Lauren from Birchbox.  I wanted to see if I signed up today if I could still get a July Birchbox or not and she said that they ran out early, so no, I wouldn't get one this month.  But if they wouldn't have run out then, yes, I would have received one.  I did however, sign up for a year today! Yeah! I'm so excited to get to be apart of the Birchbox group! LOL  I will get my first box in August and she said they ship out of NJ.  My only problem with them right now is that I'm trying to shop their store and less than 1/3 of the pics are showing up.  I called Lauren again and she's trying to work with IT to figure out why I can't see the pics of the products.  Anyone else having that same problem?  I should be getting a call back from Lauren as soon as they figure out what the problem is.  It doesn't look like they carry much of any one line.  That's kind of a bummer.  I wanted more choices from my favorite brands. Oh well, I'm really doing it for the monthly samples and surprises!

Latest posts

Back