Birchbox: July 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a good point Girly. I dont think I would have been disappointed at all if they hadn't built it up so much and raised my expectations. I still love the concept and there's at least one thing in this months box I'm enjoying, the rest of it, not at all. Oh well, here's hoping next month will be a pleasant surprise.

I've never heard of a birchbox til today.  Sounds like it could be exciting to be apart of.  Now to get hubby to go along with it! LOL  How many items come in the box each month?  Are the boxes keepsakes, or just a regular box?  Do they auto ship each month? Any info that can be shared, I'd be happy to hear. Thanks!

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a good point Girly. I dont think I would have been disappointed at all if they hadn't built it up so much and raised my expectations. I still love the concept and there's at least one thing in this months box I'm enjoying, the rest of it, not at all. Oh well, here's hoping next month will be a pleasant surprise.
I have to agree that they hyped it up but I've come to learn that the more hype (from the company) something has the more disappointing it's actually going to be. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeupofDesire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never heard of a birchbox til today.  Sounds like it could be exciting to be apart of.  Now to get hubby to go along with it! LOL  How many items come in the box each month?  Are the boxes keepsakes, or just a regular box?  Do they auto ship each month? Any info that can be shared, I'd be happy to hear. Thanks!
Items vary month to month. A minimum of four items per month plus one "extra" item.

Regular box but the boxes are cute.

Auto ships each month.

Originally Posted by vixie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine today....

It's okay... always a little sad when I don't get a makeup product.

Includes:

Purity Facial Soap by Philosophy (I already use this daily so it's nothing new)

Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist

Shay from the Zoya Touch Collection

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream

Kind snack bar

I got the same birchbox as you. I have to say, I wouldn't have been as disappointed if I would have gotten either the eyebrow pencil or the perfume, but I'm really not interested in hand cream or food for that matter. I'm allergic to nuts :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So how many of you are going to get pissed off over this? This is July Cynthia Rowley $38 limited edition box:

Birchbox Breakdown For July, we asked fashion designer and Exhibition A co-founder Cynthia Rowley to curate the month’s Birchbox and load it up with samples of her favorite products. But why stop there? The style icon also created Tip to Toes Treats, a special limited-edition gift box filled with must-try products. There’s a skin-softening scrub, a purifying Dead Sea mud, and dreamy bath salts—plus a set of ridiculously cool Incoco Nail Strips emblazoned with a custom Cynthia Rowley print.

How it Works Each box includes a selection of indulgent luxuries. There’s AHAVA Placid Bath Salts in Green Apple and AHAVA Dead Sea Mud to turn your bathroom into an aromatic spa retreat. Try LATHER, our latest eco-friendly discovery—their Bamboo Lemongrass Body Scrub revives tired skin without any irritation, and their AHA Hand Crème with Evening Primrose has natural alpha hydroxy acids to minimize the look of wrinkles and age spots. Finally, you’ll find a set of Incoco Nail Strips in a custom Cynthia Rowley print, plus a handy Tweezerman file with its own case.

I'm still waiting for my July Birchbox 
pfeif.gif

Mine says it shipped on the 7th but the tracking shows no info........that's really annoying. It's been a week already, you can at least show me something.

Same here. My preview finally showed up today, eep! I'm getting the Redken shine mist, the Pur Minerals foundation (OMG! Hoping it's a reasonable size :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), the Purity face wash, and the Korres shower gel. I'm excited for the shine mist and the foundation. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just bought a new bottle of face wash, and I don't like to switch up my skincare routine a lot - I feel like it's better for your skin if you have a set routine.

Originally Posted by jewele /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says it shipped on the 7th but the tracking shows no info........that's really annoying. It's been a week already, you can at least show me something.

Originally Posted by taliacrayon24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. My preview finally showed up today, eep! I'm getting the Redken shine mist, the Pur Minerals foundation (OMG! Hoping it's a reasonable size :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), the Purity face wash, and the Korres shower gel. I'm excited for the shine mist and the foundation. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just bought a new bottle of face wash, and I don't like to switch up my skincare routine a lot - I feel like it's better for your skin if you have a set routine.
LMAO My box has yet to arrive but here's what is supposed to be in my box according to my account details:

• AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream
  • Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist
  • philosophy® purity made simpleâ„¢ one-step facial cleanser - 16 oz
  • Zoya Touch Collection

Here's what's suppose to be in my daughter's box. She hasn't received her box either.

• Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist
  • Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Foundation with SPF 15
  • Korres Showergel
  • philosophy® purity made simpleâ„¢ one-step facial cleanser - 16 oz

While I was updating my own blog I noticed the images so here are the 10 different boxes out there. The images are in order of box number (Thumbnail_July2011_BB1.jpg Thumbnail_July2011_BB10.jpg)

I'll actually have what each box contained on my blog since I'm working on that now.

Hello All...I received my first witchbox on monday and I like everything except the almond and apricot bar. I just have two questions, I want to know where to find my link so I can refer my friends and family? And also wanted to know where are the surveys? So I can give my review and get my points...please help. Thanks in advance!

Here's how to give feedback.

Go to the "my account" page. Click on your box preview image. Click on whatever item you want to give feedback on.  Somewhere on the page (usually somewhere near the button you click to buy the item) there will be a little box with a speech bubble that says "Feedback". Click on that and fill out the survey.

To send your link, go here.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/invitation/index/send/

Hope that helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love that Pur Minerals foundation.. one of my fav powder compact foundations.

I'm getting the reject box lol

AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream

Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist

philosophy® purity made simple™ one-step facial cleanser - 16 oz

Zoya Touch Collection

Oh well.. my brushes will be squeaky clean thanks to philosophy  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting the reject box lol
LOL Hey! I'm get in the same box! LOL I would have loved box 4 which has the eye pencil AND nail polish. I have enough Korres showergels. lol

Looks like Glymm ships outside the U.S., but their site says they're hoping to hit the U.S. market soon. Interesting !

LOL we got the same box last month too I think. I would have loved box 10 with the perfume and eye pencil. It would be freakin awesome if BirchBox let us choose our own box combo wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Hey! I'm get in the same box! LOL I would have loved box 4 which has the eye pencil AND nail polish. I have enough Korres showergels. lol

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL we got the same box last month too I think. I would have loved box 10 with the perfume and eye pencil. It would be freakin awesome if BirchBox let us choose our own box combo wouldn't it?
Yes but I can see the downside to it in that people would pick certain boxes over others.

I bought the travel size perfume from my July Birchbox... I loved it that much, but not enough to buy the full size, full price bottle at $112.00!  LOL!!  Im still at ends over how to use the oil - shall I try it on my legs, my feet - shoud lI go ahead and use it on my hair?! LOL!!  Options, options, options.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back