Birchbox: July 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just joined Birchbox this month after pondering it for a couple of months.  I had told a fellow make up junkie at work about it and she was excited to see what I got.  So when I got my first box (when I was home over lunch break), I decided not to open it, and take it to work to open it with my friend Sam.  I got the same box as most everyone else, with the ahava, Kind bar, Redken spray, Shay polish, and Purity face wash.  Sam was so excited she immediately signed up for it, and used my name as a reference, so hopefully I get the points from her! 

So far everything in my box is ok. I used the lotion that afternoon and I thought the scent was a little strong for me--I use perfume most every day and it really seemed to compete with that. I ate the bar because I was starving at work, and I actually really liked it--I would purchase them in the store.  Used the Redken spray yesterday and it did seem to make my hair shinier.  Haven't used the nail polish yet but I plan to as soon as I have time to sit down and do my nails right--maybe tonight when I'm watching my netflix movie I will do that.  I just put the Purity in the shower yesterday to use next time I shower, but I've used it before and know I like it. 

Like someone else said, it's like a little gift to yourself each month so I'm excited to get August's and open it up to see my surprises!  I'm going to try not to look online to see what each month's box includes--I want to be surprised when I open the box! 

SO, Thank you Annelle!  I did write customer service about the duplicate samples and they said that was definitely a mistake.  They gave me 100 points for the mistake!  Now I can get that amazing Green Tea Pomegranate Moisturizer from a few boxes back. Very cool!

They are amazing when it comes to customer service.  I had a 20% off coupon that I couldn't use because I didn't have internet at the time and I couldnt use my phone to buy anything because I don't get service in my apt so they gave me 50 free points

Thanks for sharing the video. Some of the stuff in the Tips-to-Toes box look great, especially since I LOVE the Ahava hand cream I got in my July box; but it doesn't look $38 great! I'm anxious to get my August box now (it's in town, but USPS still doesn't have a record of it; the distribution company just handed it over about 10 minutes ago, according to the website. Sheesh.)

Back