Birchbox Man February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He actually did want to sign up on his own! he is totally into grooming and hair products! Being a firefighter, he has to be clean shaven in order for his oxygen mask to seal properly so he loves finding new shaving products. He also loves a good hair pomade! Just because someone is an outdoorsman doesn't mean they don't want to look good. The lifestyle products this month definitely seem to be aimed towards the business savvy type, rather than the outdoorsy & athletic type (Which is what he has down for himself in his profile)
Hahaha touche! Well - sorry your man isn't into this box... hope you get something good next month!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So disappointing. I'm sure there is a certain demographic that can appreciate a good pocket square, but I just think a lot of the stuff they're pushing is too simplistic for the exorbitant prices they charge. $25 for a square of fabric, seriously? How much did they price those felt wallets at? $30? Ridiculous. My boyfriend loved the boxers and the t-shirt and some of the gadgets, and he loves a lot of the samples he gets. But some of this shit is straight up cheesy. A shoehorn? Reeeeallly??? Come on, what is this the 17th century? lol

In other news, I'm signed up for and awaiting the launch of Hiskit. Not much information out about it right now, but thought I would throw it out there as another sub box for dudes. http://www.hiskit.com/
Definitely wait listed, at $12/mo it's definitely tempting to at least see what they'll have.

I too don't understand the pocketsquare and shoehorn 
icon_neutral.gif
 I feel it's a very certain urban young demographic they are trying to hit (which my bf is technically, lol) but I don't think he will be impressed either...i don't see how the 'birchbox man' in general would open this and be like yes, perfect. Again, I could be wrongly assuming their sub demographic.

Maybe it just seems more aspirational than inspirational this month...whereas I subbed him based on past boxes that seemed to be more inspiring (like the idea of having multiple shaving steps, a casual belt to dress up an outfit, etc).

I am not understanding their idea of shoehorn and a pocket square. I let my bf know about hiskit and he is excited about it. I got my hopes up for a decent man sub!

Hubs can get:  7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Most likely can rule out 5 since that one has a beard thing in it, and he has indicated he is clean-shaven.

I'll be interested to see which he gets!  He totally won't mind a pocket square...and I've been wanting a shoe horn (to help get my daughter's Chucks on her...those fabric backs are awful to get on to a squirmy toddler!)  

Looking forward to it!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you look at the pic of box 3?!  There's apparently a mellonish-pink one, too!  DONOTLIKE!!!!!
 My fiance is getting Box 3! haha but I looked at pocket square thingy on the bbox page and the color is actually Solid Red, I think it just looks pink in the box photo (hopefully). The other colors are Solid blue and Solid lavender (Eeeek)

DH is getting Box 4.  I think it is kinda "meh."  Small cologne sample 2 foil packets and the Proraso which is a little tube and the full size is only $10.  I mean, he'll like the "lifestyle extras" but I think they're crapping out on padding the box with the "extras" when he'd rather have more products or LARGER sample products to try.  We might cancel until we see that they can do some improvements in what they're offering.

dang, getting box 2 with foil packets, was hoping for box 1 or 9 just cause it looked like it had two deluxe sample sizes

I was actually really curious about the swiss army forest sample, it sounds different from the same old pepper or patchouilli scents out (juniper, nutmeg, cedar, sage)

estimate arrival Jan 30

We are not very excited for this month. There is no way a shoehorn costs $18. I feel they are only trying to justify the price of this box. Oh well. Giving them one more month to 'wow' us. Got my fingers crossed.

Looks like my husband is getting box #9.  I am excited about him opening it.  I like the variety Birchbox does for the men.  I doubt he'll be able to guess what's coming this week unless I tell him ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And I hope his pocket square is pinkish.  I want to be able to yell at him to put his pink pocket square in.

Hubby picked up the pocket square, said "Oh!", took off his glasses and cleaned them with it.  =)  He got lavender.

So my man box was delivered but I did not get it...sigh...emailing BB tonight I gave it an extra day just in case my nice neighbors decided to drop it by...and I was so looking forward to that shoehorn! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hubby picked up the pocket square, said "Oh!", took off his glasses and cleaned them with it.  =)  He got lavender.
hmm, now i'm curious if we can figure out another use for the shoehorn lol. bf's arrived today too, so i'll see what he thinks when he opens it later tonight

What in the world? Hubs got his box today and proclaimed it his favorite box from BBM. I was all....:icon_eek:

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What in the world? Hubs got his box today and proclaimed it his favorite box from BBM. I was all....
icon_eek.gif
And they say women are impossible to understand! 

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What in the world? Hubs got his box today and proclaimed it his favorite box from BBM. I was all....
icon_eek.gif
HAHA!  Love it! 

Back