Birchbox Man February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also pleasantly surprised to see bf's reaction. He was positive about the pocket square and shoehorn, he may find a use for them. He still find's the product samples small, and just sees them as add-ons to the big items...definitely thought it was an improvement over last month's paperweight and cord wrapper lol.

He was glad to get a fragrance, since he's liking figuring out what he likes. We still wish these were all deluxe samples, especially since that's what we're mainly paying/subscribing for and it is double the price of the women's box. If it were $10 I'd be more forgiving of the foil packets even if the lifestyle product was nixed or not as 'awesome'...

In short: February not bad, definitely better than January

Oh wow he liked the shoehorn? Sheesh I think I'm upset cuz I wanted this sub to be super awesome for my bf as he does love to get stuff in the mail. Last month was his 'favorite' only because he found his hg shaving oil and bought a full size. This month his box got delivered to the wrong house and we might not get one if they don't have enough products to send out.

I bought a sub as a present and was a little bummed that it didn't start with the Jan box since I looked at the shoehorn and pocket square and felt bad.  But the giftee is thrilled with all the great stuff like a shoehorn and a pocket square.  So go figure, guess you need to be a boy.

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He was glad to get a fragrance, since he's liking figuring out what he likes. We still wish these were all deluxe samples, especially since that's what we're mainly paying/subscribing for and it is double the price of the women's box. If it were $10 I'd be more forgiving of the foil packets even if the lifestyle product was nixed or not as 'awesome'...
Honestly, I think the $20 price point is way too high. I feel like I consistently get better value/more interesting items from my boxes than the men's boxes (even though the ARV might be higher, a lot of the men's stuff seems crazy overpriced). I got him a 3 month gift sub and I haven't renewed it just because there isn't really much in there that's very interesting. However, if BB could knock the price down to the $12-15...I would probably (and by probably I mean definitely) be resubscribing.

Originally Posted by Kara Seldin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, I think the $20 price point is way too high. I feel like I consistently get better value/more interesting items from my boxes than the men's boxes (even though the ARV might be higher, a lot of the men's stuff seems crazy overpriced). I got him a 3 month gift sub and I haven't renewed it just because there isn't really much in there that's very interesting. However, if BB could knock the price down to the $12-15...I would probably (and by probably I mean definitely) be resubscribing.
Exact same situation here, I got him a 3 month to test and see if he'd like it but it just doesn't seem worth it. I also would think for 10-15 it would be do-able. He really hasn't been intrigued by any of the samples either....

And yeah he did like the shoehorn, but I also think it was the fact that it was more impressive to him than January where he got cord-wrapper and a cord holder, from the whole box he only seemed to care about the shave cream - he thought this was at least more 'lifestyle' I guess and he liked half the box so ...improvement

I was thinking the other day that they could fill boxes for a month with Season 1 of Put This On (a funny, good menswear series/website) with samples themed around that, or a GQ year subscription with samples, other months less fashion oriented but all with lifestyle products that complement the samples

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow he liked the shoehorn? Sheesh I think I'm upset cuz I wanted this sub to be super awesome for my bf as he does love to get stuff in the mail. Last month was his 'favorite' only because he found his hg shaving oil and bought a full size. This month his box got delivered to the wrong house and we might not get one if they don't have enough products to send out.
that's actually why I got my bf BBM he LOVES getting mail and he loves surprises

Not sure if we'll end up getting this box because I just signed up. May get next month first. However if we get Feb I don't mind the pocket square - the fella knows I have a huge nerd crush on the very dapper Paul F. Tompkins so maybe I can convince him to use it. I won't count on it though - I don't think it will work with a t-shirt.
laughno.gif

My fiance opened his box last night and he said it was his least favorite box since he signed up! :-( He has been receiving boxes since July. The thing with him, is he didn't sign up for the lifestyle products, he wants product samples! In this box he got 3 little packets of Lucky Tiger shave cream, 2 of those male deodorizing wipes, a lucky tiger lip balm (which was very similar to the C.O Bigelow one he got 2 months ago), and a small tube of the Zirh anti aging serum. Only 4 small products for $20 is crazy (its great they sent multiple of the shave cream & wipes). Oh and He immediately blew his nose in the pocket square, and smacked me on the ass with the shoe horn! 

Lol that is hilarious! Tell him to try the shave lotion, this is my bfs new hg shave lotion. It actually is slowing down his hair growth and a little goes a long way!

My boyfriend got the lavender square lol (can you believe they charge $25 for those?!) he also said he would keep it in his backpack to blow his nose in.

I gotta say, I love the purple thing!  Do I even need a spoiler in here?  I never know!

You like the pocket square? Is it gonna get used?
LOL I do!  Yeah, my time my husband wears a suit, I am making him wear it!

Ok haha maybe my question was would he wear it on his own? Also updated our box made it to our house. Lucikly our neighbors are nice. Yay shoehorn! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So glad I cancelled the hubby's subscription. He wasn't happy the last few months. I keep saying BBM should go quarterly with better stuff and less gadgets.

We are on the teeter totter of canceling. We said this would be the deciding month but just keep hoping for something better. Next month is definitely the last month unless they just wow him (which is very hard to do ha!)

Eh - hubby still enjoys getting the boxes.  He gets the excitement of a grab bag!

Ok haha maybe my question was would he wear it on his own?

Also updated our box made it to our house. Lucikly our neighbors are nice. Yay shoehorn!
wink.gif
Yes!  When he opened it, he was like I gotta start wearing suits to work.  He'd totally wear it on his own.  He could pull off the Scott Disick look no problem.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So glad I cancelled the hubby's subscription. He wasn't happy the last few months. I keep saying BBM should go quarterly with better stuff and less gadgets.
Yes, this!! I would be wayyyy more likely to resubscribe if it didn't feel like all they sent out was teeny packets and silly little doodads he'll never use.

By the way, I noticed an Axe Cravebox pop up under their upcoming drawings today, so I was thinking some of you may be interested? Men's boxes are hard to find!

Back